150b. The Wreck of the Mauna Loa

Mr. Sea Shell

Floating Shopping List

Review: This episode is great. So many classic SpongeBob moments! Everyone was in character! I wish I could go on the Mauna Loa amusement park ride! :p

Rating: 9/10

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
A very great episode. It had season 3 quality humor. But, Mr. Krabs kinda lowered my score. Overall, 8/10

Changing review

This episode was kind of good, but for the most part it was lackluster. Also, Patrick really bugged me for exposing the secret hideout. Mr. Krabs just made it even worse. 7/10

I thought this episode was better than Krusty Dogs. It's one of my favorite season 7 episodes. The plot is very crreative, the episode is funny and Mr. Krabs gets what he deserves at the ending. Some of the funny parts are SpongeBob making aa model of Mauna Loa with Krabby Patty meat, Patrick wearing "Follow Me to the Mauna Loa" shirt and SpongeBob and Patrick finding the real Manua Loa shipwreck at the end. Overall another excellent episode for the second half of season 7. 10/10

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
This one's pretty alright. Krabs gets punished at the end for what he did and for the most part, it's a pretty watchable episode. Just needed more laughs I guess. 7/10

skinnybeans17

Only semi-active now, had a regretful past here.
I hate this episode. Why do a lot of people like it? SpongeBob, Patrick , and The Town People would have got killed! :(

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
Bubbles99swell said:
I hate this episode. Why do a lot of people like it? SpongeBob, Patrick , and The Town People would have got killed! :(
Look on the bright side. Mr. Krabs finally got what he deserved at the end. :)

Bl4zeTMG

Four Twenny Blaze
One of my favorites from the season. It kind of reminds me of Grandpappy the Pirate for some reason. It's just entertaining and fun. Not too much to say. 8.5/10

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 7

Episode: The Wreck of the Mauna Loa

This episode was pretty good. The plot was nice. Patrick was sometimes annoying, and Mr Krabs ruined everything, but it didn't bother me that much. There were some funny jokes. 7.5/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
This episode is OK for me but it's a little bit BORING... :|
It has many good quotes though and running gags (for ex. Patrick wearing a shirt of Mauna Loa :P )
I liked the pirate-ship scene , it was unique.. the ending was funny too but kind of boring at times so I am giving it an 8/10 :peace:

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Patrick revealing the hide-out frustrated me but other than that it's an inoffensive episode with some good moments and a cool location.

6.5/10

I liked this one. It's a cool episode, and I liked the whole pirate amusement park thing they have going on. It's also very refreshing to see Mr. Krabs get what he deserved in the end.

Ranking so far:
1. That Sinking Feeling (A+)
2. Earworm (A+)
3. The Inside Job (A+)
4. The Great Patty Caper (A)
5. Whelk Attack (A)
6. Tunnel of Glove (A)
7. The Abrasive Side (A)
8. The Bad Guy Club for Villains (A)
9. Buried in Time (A)
10. Squidward in Clarinetland (A)
11. The Wreck of the Mauna Loa (A)
12. Enchanted Tiki Dreams (A)
13. Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle (B)
14. Growth Spout (B)
15. The Curse of Bikini Bottom (B)
16. Krusty Dogs (B)
17. Greasy Buffoons (B)
18. A Day Without Tears (B)
19. I Heart Dancing (B)
20. SpongeBob's Last Stand (B)
21. Karate Star (B)
22. Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful (B)
23. The Monster Who Came to Bikini Bottom (B)
24. Kracked Krabs (C)
25. Gary in Love (C)
26. Shellback Shenanigans (C)
27. The Cent of Money (C)
28. Model Sponge (C)
29. The Masterpiece (C)
30. The Curse of the Hex (C)
31. Sponge-Cano! (D)
32. Back to the Past (D)
33. The Play's the Thing (D)
34. Tentacle-Vision (D)
35. Hide and Then What Happens? (D)
36. The Main Drain (D)
37. Gramma's Secret Recipe (D)
38. You Don't Know Sponge (E)
39. Summer Job (E)
40. Rodeo Daze (E)
41. Trenchbillies (E)
42. Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy (F)
43. Stuck in the Wringer (F)
44. Yours, Mine and Mine (F-)
45. A Pal for Gary (F-)
46. One Coarse Meal (F-)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Pretty cool episode. A quite enjoyable one.

Rating: Great Episode

Rankings:
Enchanted Tiki Dreams (Perfect)
Earworm (Amazing)
Squidward in ClarinetLand (Amazing)
Back to the Past (Superior)
The Curse of Bikini Bottom (Superior)
The Wreck of the Mauna Loa (Great)
That Sinking Feeling (Great)
The Inside Job (Great)
The Main Drain (Good)
Buried in Time (Great)
The Monster Who Came to Bikini Bottom (Good)
I ❤️ Dancing (Good)
A Day Without Tears (Good)
Kracked Krabs (Good)
Karate Star (Good)
Krusty Dogs (Good)
The Bad Guy Club for Villains (Good)
Shellback Shenanigans (Good)
Greasy Buffoons (Good)
The Cent of Money (Okay)
Growth Spout (Okay)
Tentacle-Vision (Okay)
Gary in Love (Okay)
Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful (Alright)
Gramma's Secret Recipe (Alright)
The Masterpiece (Alright)
The Play's the Thing (Meh)
Model Sponge (Meh)
SpongeBob's Last Stand (Meh)
One Coarse Meal (Meh)
The Great Patty Caper (Meh)
Summer Job (Mediocre)
Sponge-Cano! (Mediocre)
Stuck in the Wringer (Mediocre)
The Abrasive Side (Bad)
Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle (Bad)
Whelk Attack (Bad)
Tunnel of Glove (Bad)
Hide and Then What Happens? (Bad)
Rodeo Daze (Awful)
The Curse of the Hex (Awful)
Trenchbillies (Terrible)
Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy (Despicable)
Yours, Mine and Mine (Despicable)
A Pal for Gary (Despicable)
You Don't Know Sponge (Despicable)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
“The Wreck of the Mauna Loa” is not an episode I think about very often, though I wouldn’t call it forgettable. It’s more memorable than “Chum Caverns”, a kind of similar episode, at least, let’s put it that way. I’ve also always had a soft spot for this episode, because I think it’s plot is pretty interesting and different. It gives me the same vibes as “20000 Patties Under The Sea”, for whatever reason.

This episode starts with SpongeBob and Patrick playing around yet again. Man, that’s such a common starting scene it seems. And just like many of these other episodes that start with this kind of scene, SpongeBob and Patrick’s playing ends with them coming across something that kicks off the real plot. In this case, it’s an old abandoned boat. Them playing pirates is cute, and it makes me think of how this episode really leans into the “child” side of the child-adult line, but in a way that I actually like, for once. SpongeBob and Patrick making this boat their little play fort is cute. Of course, they aren’t very good at keeping it a secret, which is hilarious.

I like that this episode touches on Mr. Krabs’ pirate side. I mean, it’s also his greedy side considering he knows the Mauna Loa because of its lost treasure, but I’m counting it as a pirate thing. Squidward finding every excuse not to help Mr. Krabs with this is pretty funny too, I just love Rodger Bumpass’s delivery on that line. This episode is just really funny, so let me not hit on every single joke. I like how this episode is almost like a call-back to “Arrgh!”, but in a very loose sense.

And then we get the reveal that what SpongeBob and Patrick found isn’t actually the wreck of the Mauna Loa, but rather the wreck of the Mauna Loa ride. Pretty fun twist, if you ask me. And I like how this is revealed relatively early on in the episode, so the plot makes a shift to the left, becoming a Mr. Krabs money-making plot. And just like in “Krabby Land”, Mr. Krabs forgoes safety for quick cash, using this abandoned ride to make money. Poor SpongeBob and Patrick lose their hideout from this, though. And then they end up getting seriously maimed by the ride LMAO. And y’all know I love random explosions and chaos, so this scene of everything hitting the fan is what I love to see. Mr. Krabs even gets his butt handed to him on a platter, so it’s wins upon wins for me. As for the ending of the episode, I love it. SpongeBob and Patrick get their hideout back, and better than before. Though, based on what Patrick says, they probably won’t have it for long.

There’s not much to say about “The Wreck of the Mauna Loa”. It’s not an especially outstanding episode, but I do really like it, and I don’t have any problems with it. It just kinda doesn’t have that “wow” factor I’d associate with an Amazing-tier episode. I don’t know what it is, just something feels missing here. But it’s still great.

Episode Tier: Great
Episode Score:
8.9/10

Back