SpongeRoadie UK

Vomit Boy
Award said:
Mr. Krabs x Spongebob confirmed...
4188810.jpg

The Drifter

Some person.
Halibut said:
Do they have to put emphasis that she's blonde?
The film's first teaser poster was released on June 10, 2014, along with the announcement of its new title, The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water.%5B21%5D The poster is a nod to the famous Coppertone sunscreen advertisements from the 1950s, in which a dog is seen pulling the bikini bottom off of a blonde girl.%5B79%5D%5B80%5D
Get it?

Supmandude

Squog
DadMom AngryPants said:
They seemed to get several new people in for layouts so I'm confident that the 2D animation will be better than the show. Would be cool if some of them stayed after the movie as well, since some of the old crew left.
Any idea if the layout artists are also working on the CG scenes? It'd be cool if they layout the whole CG scenes on pencil and the animators of those scenes try their hardest to make the expressions match the drawings. I think that'd make for really cool animation and would make the CG look really good and consistent with the other scenes.

If they do something like the new theatrical Road Runner shorts where every expression that the characters make was clearly drawn first and then modeled after instead of just using stock "happy" or "sad" type emotions, I think it'd look good. Something like this:

42712-road-runner-wile-e.coyote-return-3-d-theatrical-shorts_0.jpg

3000_FF_Still_04.jpg

That type of thing would be awesome to base off the SpongeBob layout artists' drawings to me.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Supmandude said:
Any idea if the layout artists are also working on the CG scenes? It'd be cool if they layout the whole CG scenes on pencil and the animators of those scenes try their hardest to make the expressions match the drawings. I think that'd make for really cool animation and would make the CG look really good and consistent with the other scenes.

If they do something like the new theatrical Road Runner shorts where every expression that the characters make was clearly drawn first and then modeled after instead of just using stock "happy" or "sad" type emotions, I think it'd look good. Something like this:

That type of thing would be awesome to base off the SpongeBob layout artists' drawings to me.
I don't know, but since they're doing the layouts in house I would guess that includes the CG parts.

The Iloura job postings called for things like:
  • Strong cartoon style keyframing ability
  • Strong understanding of Timing and Posing
  • Must be able to create flexible animation rigs and dynamically alter them as the project dictates
  • Must be able to work closely with modellers to create highly deformable rigs
Which indicates that they'll be going for cartoony rather than realistic. The question is whether they'll be able to pull it off. If not it could be quite jarring to go from the usual loose 2D to a more restricted on-model CG.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
It's supposed to be like that. It's a double sided poster, which means that a less vibrant mirror image is printed on the back so it can be displayed in a movie theater light box. :)

CerebralCortex

Baby Clam
OH, okay haha. Somehow I figured that it was only printed on one side, and that one side had it backwards. Thanks for the clarification.

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
Most of the international SpongeBob Movie posters are there, except for a few languages:

German (SpongeBob Schwammkopf)
Japanese (SponjiBobu)
French (Bob l'eponge)

I'm pretty sure we'll have those posters in the future...

(This is my 1,000th post!)

Back