134. SpongeBob's Last Stand

Mantis

killer queen best stand
Not really sure why I liked it so much. I must have been brain-dead. And im surprised that Aaron Springer wrote this. He used to be good..... :facepalm:

Insomnia

Flying Dutchman's Sock
Well the second half of this episode in pretty good, it had some very nice tension and tone to it but that first half, eh. The first half is just so dull and boring and pretty much nothing happens and were're subjected to 2 awful songs. This episode could have been really great if they had just made this a Special/Patchey episode that way it could have been maybe 13 to 15 minutes long and they could have cut out all the filler from part one. I mean besides the first minute or 2 in part 1 nothing is necessary, all we got was Spongebob and Patrick trying to convince everyone to help, then finally going to the krusty Krab for the plot device we need. And even after that they again try and convince everyone to help and what do you know it didn't work the second time. Who would have guessed? If they had just gone from jellyfish fields to the Krusty Krab scene with the plot device we needed I think this episode could have been shortened to about 15 minutes maybe. Also cut out the awful songs, and for the song about them trying to save the Krusty Krab, all we needed was a short montage of the townsfolk to cooperating which we already had in the beginning of the episode. And cut out that minute long sequence of them just watching the parade. Once again cut all the gunk outta part one and this episode would flowed so much better and would have been less boring. Because the second half was very good.

6/10

Insomnia

Flying Dutchman's Sock
It is funny that people think Spongebob of all shows has some "agenda". I remember the same thing happened with "Spongebob You're Fired".

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 7

Episode: Spongebob's Last Stand

This episode was kinda decent. The plot was kinda dull, but not bad. I didn't mind the songs, but i don't like them. There were few funny jokes. 5.5/10

Mr. Harrison

Bomb-Selling Pirate
This was pretty good, for me. Better than all the season 6 specials.

SpongyMaterial

Moby Dollar
I must say, this is actually my favorite episode of season 7 and favorite episode of new SpongeBob. I loved the funny songs, the drama, action, and everything. It was all perfect! No one acted annoying at all! I also loved the lesson this episode teaches! This is one of the best episodes ever! :D 10 out of 10!

SquiddlyPie

random gal
Pinhead Larry said:
A good episode, with a good message, but there was a bit too much filler.

7.5/10
Agree with this! It's a really good episode!! and the ending is good!!! It's so underrated!! I am giving this an 8/10 but I agree with what you said, there's no point to hate this episode

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
There's some great ideas here that are undermined by a bad environmental message, and poor songs. The story has merits like the tension in the second-half but this really needed a better execution, it's a shame too because I feel like there's a great episode underneath these issues.

6/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
It's a really nice episode! I love how the story begins and ends, the song is catchy and Squidward actually cares for SpongeBob!!! 9.5/10

NerdyKairi

Kairi is Back
Prepare for my thoughts for this one.

Despite I have very strong opinions about some Ecological stuff, which i won´t discuss here since this is Episode Discussion. This looks tame compare to other Enviomental themed stuff in entertainment media, well most of it is fine: SpongeBob doesn´t want Plankton to make the Highway because of the Jellyfish will lose there home and that´s it. SpongeBob does at times tackle some themes but mostly are just plain speculation from the internet, despite this is obviously an enviomental episode for itself, SpongeBob´s Last Stand is not really a terrible special, which i´ll tackle the most conterversial one later, like i said this is tame compare to others, Wall-E, Fengully, Once upon a Forest, despite i love the Rio movies, Rio 2 has this villain who want to destroy part of Amazon Forest but that isn´t the main focus of that film, just a minor antagonist who wants to cause trouble. However didren´t SpongeBob has the Endless Summer short? However the episode does feel a little slow pasted, but still does move the plot along however i don´t feel it´s fillerish since it all makes sense, Spongebob having fun, he´s sad for what´s going on with Jellyfish Fields, they try to talk to plankton, the song Give Jellyfish Fields a Chance is quite preachy despite the rhyming it has however the part of destroying the highway it´s obviously telling you that you must work together, but this is tame compare to others. So 7.5/10 Good, but a little preachy.

Back