185. It Came From Goo Lagoon

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
CowBob RanchPants said:
derp

Wow, this was better than SB You're Fired. It was more like a long episode than a special, but still it was fun to follow. Before watching I thought it would be just another "supernatural" things meet the cast like in the Legends series and etc. I think it didn't have to have a big plot or anything, it was more on the adventure side. And we've been seeing A LOT of fate-of-Bikini-Bottom adventures with this trio before. (Whelk Attack, that new 4D SB ride, Flea in Her Dome, etc)

References/Continuity, I LOVE this kind of stuff : SB/Pat can't swim, what a continuity to SpongeGuard on Duty and many more.

Squidward's Cucumber bike

Sandy's Submarine that's been appearing a lot in late post movie. (Hide and Seek and Then What Happens, Bubble Troubles and etc.)

More Plankton/Squidward talk (even if it was only for like a minute) We've been getting that a lot lately from recents like Sour and Sweet Squid and Chum Fricassee huh?

(I'm probably missing a bunch.)

Positives:

The jokes. I actually found myself chuckling to some of them and it didn't really feel forced. Did anyone realize that Patrick displayed little to no overly dumb humor in it? That made me happy.

Plankton not only Krabs for the formula, but threatened to destroy the town as well. (SPOILER: he actually did does destroy it even when he gets the formula) That's a small step in a new direction.

But.. if you say that the Plankton schemes plot is just overdone and they didn't need it, I'd totally except that opinion too.

Oh snap, we got to see the sea floor of Goo Lagoon which we haven't before. (Maybe in Slide Whistle Stooges, correct me if I'm wrong.) I'd love to see a story down there one day.

Negatives: Again, it suffers from just being an extended episode like I've heard someone say before. If you're not into quest episodes, this is probably not your thing.

SpongeBob should have came to his senses and the citizens too for that matter. They didn't listen to who say said was "the smartest creature there" Sandy. Well, the fish kind have ignored her before, so it's nothing really new. At least SpongeBob could say "Patrick this is probably not a good idea" and then Patrick persuading him to keep playing with the goo. I dunno, that's just my thoughts on that.

Ehh anything that upset me isn't new. I thought it was decent and entertaining.

7/10

I only watched this once, so it's possible for me to change my thoughts.

Well to be fair they did say the goo was toxic or something.
Well if it was toxic there'd have to have been something else.

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
It Came From Goo Lagoon: Oh my goodness, I absolutely loved this special! It's truly one of my favorites for season 9. I loved the humor and the continuity here. Also, I spotted a Spandy moment, which I actually really liked for some reason :P Anyways, the character interactions and personalities were amazing and spot on. I don't even think that there are any negatives to this episode worth mentioning :) Who cares if the KK was shown, they didn't even show the inside of the KK. I loved the action here as well and I just thought that this episode was amazing.

10/10 :D

It was a really great episode IMO. The jokes was great. And when Plankton gave Sandy back her sub and Sandy said "MY SUB" And SB sort of hugged her and said "There There Sandy" was cute

SurprisedPatrik

Floating Shopping List
i just love it when logic its thrown out of the window! sandy said the goo could destroy bikini bottom. she never said someone controlling the goo could destroy the town. the only good joke is this : "whats next, is the sky gonna fall? *go drops from above* i need to keep my big mouth shut" the others are just boring as possible
and QUIT BEATING A DEAD HORSE. the plankton gag is overused. "HURHUR IF WE USE THE SAME JOKE EVERY TIME, THEY WILl FIND IT FUNNY EVERY EPISODE!"

HEY KIDS!HERE'S OUR MORAL! BUBBLES SOLVE THE WORLDS PROBLEMS!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Derek Iversen
hello! FANCY SEEING YOU HERE!

ScumBob

sicko m0de
Actually, I just find this episode to be okay. Some jokes got a chuckle out of me though.
Rating? I would say 6/10
Off-topic: Also, if you haven't noticed I'm new here.

Though, the ending was just as a slap in the face as Stuck in The Wringer's moral.
"Bubbles are the answer to everything" = "Crying solves your problems kids"

Murvine Taylor

Proud Hater of GoAnimate Boris!
I thought this was a great special. Not as great as SBYF, but still great. It was cute and funny when SB and Patrick ran away from an ocean wave. I also thought it was funny when Squidward wore the goo on his head like hair and when the citizens of BB kissed their town goodbye. LOL! :) I also did not expect Plankton to appear in this Special. His character was very well played.

Rating: 10/10

Insomnia

Flying Dutchman's Sock
Well this was probably one of the better specials after season 4. It was fairly funny and had fairly good plot, although there were plot holes and padding galore.
My main problem with this episode was how would the goo destroy the town? We saw goo get on everything and all it did was nothing, Plankton was planning on destroying the town this was by popping the goo bubble which he did but all it did was spread goo everywhere. No one seemed to be hurt and there was no damage so it kinda rendered Planktons' plan and thus the premise for about half this episode moot. But besides that this episode was kinda fun to watch and it had some decent albeit cheap laughs, Perch Perkins especially had some good moments and lines "a gigantic gooey bubble rising out if the water, into the water " oh and Sandy had some good lines as well.
Overall even with the negatives I had with this one it still pretty enjoyable and more well put together then pretty much any of the other half hour specials after the 4th season.

For a modern episode a 7.5/10 maybe an 8...

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
SurprisedPatrik said:
i just love it when logic its thrown out of the window! sandy said the goo could destroy bikini bottom. she never said someone controlling the goo could destroy the town.
Somebody doesn't understand cartoons. @_@

Supmandude

Squog
Pretty boring episode, it had potential, but it needed more gags and maybe a shorter run time. 7/10

HEY KIDS!HERE'S OUR MORAL! BUBBLES SOLVE THE WORLDS PROBLEMS!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Derek Iversen
hello! FANCY SEEING YOU HERE!

It wasn't a moral.

TheUltimateZMAN

Baby Clam
Finally got done with my review of Spongebob VS The Goo. I see a lot of you guys actually enjoyed the episode, and that's fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, no matter how smart or stupid they sound, it's what makes us human. So if you guys disagree with anything I'm saying, just note it's my way of thinking, and I'm not insulting you, I'm just a guy trying to express how he feels about a particular episode. But opinions aside, if you enjoyed the video regardless, and you wanna see more Post-Movie Spongebob episode reviews, or reviews of other tv shows, movies, or videos games, please subscribe. Thank you, and enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emBoMRKUx9U

Finally got done with my review of Spongebob VS The Goo. I see a lot of you guys actually enjoyed the episode, and that's fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, no matter how smart or stupid they sound, it's what makes us human. So if you guys disagree with anything I'm saying, just note it's my way of thinking, and I'm not insulting you, I'm just a guy trying to express how he feels about a particular episode. But opinions aside, if you enjoyed the video regardless, and you wanna see more Post-Movie Spongebob episode reviews, or reviews of other tv shows, movies, or videos games, please subscribe. Thank you, and enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emBoMRKUx9U
I have to admit that the episode has flaws but It was still enjoyable to me or maybe I should watch it again to see If I'm going to like the episode again. I didn't really agree about karma thing but the rest was agreeable. I really hope that you do a review for one post-movie episode that you like.

Whatsittoya

Flying Dutchman's Sock
Main gripes with the series now is the animation. There's something off about it. I can't quite put my finger on it.

And the voice acting for SB and Pat is off. Pat sounds like a toddler that speaks in short phrases, and spongebob stretches his words and it really irritates me.

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 9

Episode: It Came From Goo Lagoon

This special was pretty good. Spongebob and Patrick were more childish than usual, but they were at least funny. The plot was terrific, and i didn't mind the fact it was a "Plankton Steals The Formula" because i like it when it's done well. There were some funny jokes. 7.5/10

end

It's so boring and dull and ughhh. It was a cool idea, but the execution was so lackadaisical and slow. */*****

Back