096. Pest of The West

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff
I thought Pest of the West was a pretty good episode
Not a bad plot at all and some funny parts too

I have to admit, this wasn't a bad episode. It was okay, not as good as "Boat Smarts", however it kept my attention. That, and it did have one joke that made me laugh, "Funeral Parlor and Ice Cream Parlor". I could have done without the statue being covered in Jellyfish fecal matter, however that was Seasons 5-6 in a nutshell. Lots of gross-out humor.

6.5|10 Overall

it was yet another indiffernt opinion episode

god im typing like someone who just learned english gah

hfjs

This was a boring episode. Would have been much better if this was a regular 11 minute segment. Also, no Jellyfish..stuff would have been better.

Cha

I love SBM
This episode could have had more of a plot, but I thought the details in it were amazing. Like adding a country accent to some of the characters and I liked the design of the Krusty Kantina. The beginning was fun, but the rest kinda fell flat. It was interesting to see the ancestors of SB and Pat meeting up for the first time. Usually they are already buddies like SpongeGar and Patar were. So that was cool. I liked both of the songs too.

6.5/10

Did I forget something?

GEE WILLIKERS SPONGEBUCK HAS THE CUTEST ACCENT EVER. :dirtydan:

And his love for ice cream but mostly 2% milk is divine. <3
http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=4dEErR3hXryQpMX3Uy%2Bc8pGc8dWS1bRq8Y8GBVLa81M%3D

Rihanna

Giant Clam
I never see this that much on Nickelodeon because they barely air the episode

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
One of the last SpongeBob Specials that was Nostalgia (I was 1 minute late on it when we were coming home around when it premeried) and I thought it was good.
SpongeBuck is a great addition to ancestory. Just seemed a bit too fast.

8/10

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
Kind of a cliche plot, but I liked this episode. It was pretty funny and it kept me entertained, and I liked the design of Dead Eye Bottom (I think that was what the town was called?), especially the Krusty Kantina. Dead Eye was amazing, as well (dat mustache <3 ). I find it amusing that everyone in town was so terrified of such a tiny little thing.

Cha

I love SBM
It definitely did not feel like the length of a special. The plot felt just too simple and if it was in my own hands I would dive deeper into SpongeBuck's journey in the desert. I know it's a kid's show, but even the specials in the past felt more satisfying than this one was. Maybe they could have cut down on the beginning at the KK? The SpongeBob part of the plot was apart of the moral support to this. SpongeBob gained knowledge, respect and of course confidence in his family and himself. But still, they could have made scenes shorter to have more detailed scenes. From the top of my head, I'd probably say this special gives me the most empty feeling besides Clash of Triton.

What about you guys? Would you change the plot around?

hfjs

The Haunted Mattress said:
This was a boring episode. Would have been much better if this was a regular 11 minute segment. Also, no Jellyfish..stuff would have been better.
My opinions have changed since then.

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
CowBob RanchPants said:
It definitely did not feel like the length of a special. The plot felt just too simple and if it was in my own hands I would dive deeper into SpongeBuck's journey in the desert. I know it's a kid's show, but even the specials in the past felt more satisfying than this one was. Maybe they could have cut down on the beginning at the KK? The SpongeBob part of the plot was apart of the moral support to this. SpongeBob gained knowledge, respect and of course confidence in his family and himself. But still, they could have made scenes shorter to have more detailed scenes. From the top of my head, I'd probably say this special gives me the most empty feeling besides Clash of Triton.

What about you guys? Would you change the plot around?
More detail and development would have been nice, but I don't really mind the simplicity of the plot, to be honest. Then again, it's been a while since I've seen this episode.

The more I think about it, the more I think you might be right, though. I think I liked this episode more for the humor, the designs and the references to Westerns. The plot had very little to do with why I liked it.

Cha

I love SBM
More detail and development would have been nice, but I don't really mind the simplicity of the plot, to be honest. Then again, it's been a while since I've seen this episode.

The more I think about it, the more I think you might be right, though. I think I liked this episode more for the humor, the designs and the references to Westerns. The plot had very little to do with why I liked it.
The designs were great, I really liked how they set up the little town and chose to give accents to the ancestors of SpongeBob and Patrick. The set up is really what liked about it, and what you said the plot has little to do with why I like it too. Oh and don't forget all those clever little shorts they had. Spurskating especially is my favorite because it's a unique sport just like Jellyfishing.

spongebobfan64 said:
I never see this that much on Nickelodeon because they barely air the episode
It's the same with The Sponge Who Could Fly, Ugh, SB VS The Big One, Party Pooper Pants
This episode was real funny. Glad to see SpongeBob's other family members and like they are. This is my favorite Season 5 episode in all.
9.5/10

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
This episode wasn't that bad, but some parts were boring. I don't know how SpongeBob could forget about one of his family members, which is SpongeBuck SquarePants. 7/10

Back