Sponge Out of Water SpongeBob Movie 2 - confirmed! *SPOILERS*

Cha

I love SBM
So I have a theory that maybe in this movie Plankton drags the cast up on land and Plankton tries to take over the WHOLE WORLD instead of Bikini Bottom. He could lay a bomb or something that could take over the human population as along with sea creatures.

SandTaro05

I'm ready for 2015!
Some more things I hope to see from this movie:

I really hope Plankton's not the villain again. I'm hoping it's someone new or something beyond their control.

And I think Burger King or McDonalds (More so Burger King, whoever deals with Nick's Kids Meals) should deck their places out with a SB or Krusty Krab theme to promote the movie. So far, there isn't a real life replica of the KK at any of the amusement parks that Nick is associated with (They should have thought of making one, that would have been awesome! C'mon now, DisneyWorld have a real Pizza Planet...) So why not tie the fast-food theme of SpongeBob with a place that already exist? If not the restaurant, at least a SB themed item on the menu. I want to taste a real Krabby Patty! :lol:

Unlimitedcha said:
And he confesses his love.
well no :P

I do think he could make it great though, I just think it would be nice to see some silly bickering

Also, I believe I've said it a lot, but INCORPORATE ALL THE MAIN CHARACTERS. Seriously, Sandy had 120 seconds max in the movie, had almost nothing in the 10 year anniversary special, oh come on! Same with Gary! We need all 7 to interact together (not forgetting Squilliam as 8 :P )

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
SandTaro05 said:
Some more things I hope to see from this movie:

I really hope Plankton's not the villain again. I'm hoping it's someone new or something beyond their control.

And I think Burger King or McDonalds (More so Burger King, whoever deals with Nick's Kids Meals) should deck their places out with a SB or Krusty Krab theme to promote the movie. So far, there isn't a real life replica of the KK at any of the amusement parks that Nick is associated with (They should have thought of making one, that would have been awesome! C'mon now, DisneyWorld have a real Pizza Planet...) So why not tie the fast-food theme of SpongeBob with a place that already exist? If not the restaurant, at least a SB themed item on the menu. I want to taste a real Krabby Patty! :lol:
McDonald's does Nickelodeon now, they had SpongeBob toys last year and I think they had TMNT toys as well. I'm not sure if they still have a deal with Burger King or if they're even allowed to (I don't know the rules of fast food toy promotion exclusivity) but I would guess not.

I doubt we'll ever get to eat a real Krabby Patty. Nobody knows what's in it and everybody has their own idea about what it would taste like so if they made a "real" one it would spoil the mystery. But it would be cool if they decorated some of the restaurants to look like the Krusty Krab. Remember for the Simpsons Movie when they turned a bunch of 7-11s into Kwik-E-Marts? It would be much more difficult to pull off something similar with a Krusty Krab theme (especially from the outside - forget it) but even if they just put some flags and netting up on the ceiling ... window clings to make it look like there's netting over the windows ... give the employees temporary uniforms with Krusty Krab name badges and crew hats ... we can dream. :P

Plankton will probably be causing trouble to some degree but it would make a nice change if he wasn't quite as prominent a villain as he was in the first movie. It's difficult though because he's the series main antagonist so he's the go-to character for villainy. Maybe the problem will be caused by somebody on land, people in general, or they need the help of surface dwellers to solve whatever the problem is.

hfjs

Supmandude said:
I wish I lived in Georgia, I would totally try out to be an extra if I did. :(
That gives me a great idea gotta go

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
I hope Plankton and Krabs work together in the movie and make friends, SpongeBob and Sandy show their true feelings and kiss, Patrick falls in love with a mermaid, Squilliam and Squidward decide to open their own art museum, during the movie SpongeBob gets his drivers license, Squidward hugs SpongeBob and Patrick, while they all then do a heartwarming song about each other and do a group hug at the end as Gary just watches the whole thing................ :D

léo elbarto

Bomb-Selling Pirate
spongeykid said:
I hope Plankton and Krabs work together in the movie and make friends, SpongeBob and Sandy show their true feelings and kiss, Patrick falls in love with a mermaid, Squilliam and Squidward decide to open their own art museum, during the movie SpongeBob gets his drivers license, Squidward hugs SpongeBob and Patrick, while they all then do a heartwarming song about each other and do a group hug at the end as Gary just watches the whole thing................ :D
and we finally learn who was pearl mother :p

BubbleBud

Giant Clam
I'm actually way more excited for the upcoming Godzilla film. And the new Muppet movie, ''Muppets Most Wanted''.

I'll probably just wait and see what the reviews are. If they are pretty good overall, I'll go check it out. If the reviews are moderate, I'll go check it out at my local dollar theater. If the ratings are bad... I might just rent it from Family Video. But now if they announce that Derek Drymon and perhaps C.H would be working on it, I'd buy tickets as soon as they go on sale, for the IMAX 3D showing.

This movie can't be like the show. The TV show as it currently is now, wouldn't project good for a full feature movie. That's why even the first movie isn't exactly like the same structure as the show was at the time. They actually have to make this movie good, with a great consistent story and the characters have to be likable. This isn't a TV show, it's a movie. It's the box office baby, this movie has to go out big or go home. If people go see this movie and SpongeBob is acting unbearably childish, it could turn out very ugly.

hfjs

BubbleBud said:
This movie can't be like the show. The TV show as it currently is now, wouldn't project good for a full feature movie. That's why even the first movie isn't exactly like the same structure as the show was at the time. They actually have to make this movie good, with a great consistent story and the characters have to be likable. This isn't a TV show, it's a movie. It's the box office baby, this movie has to go out big or go home. If people go see this movie and SpongeBob is acting unbearably childish, it could turn out very ugly.
I agree. The movie can't be similar to the show, or it would be bad. It needs to be action packed and huge.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
BubbleBud said:
If people go see this movie and SpongeBob is acting unbearably childish, it could turn out very ugly.
I don't think he could possibly act any more childishly than he did in the first movie. :P
It was one of the main plot points.

BubbleBud

Giant Clam
DadMom AngryPants said:
I don't think he could possibly act any more childishly than he did in the first movie. :p
It was one of the main plot points.
Exactly. One of the main plot points, there was a reason. He acted childish as in he had a kid heart. He still was very likable because you understood the position he was in at the time. He understood why he did, but it didn't make it mean spirited... he acted mature when he was meeting his death, which was a heartfelt scene.

In most of Season 6, he acted stupidly childish. That's what I meant, by the way. If they don't have SB as an likable character, the movie audience may not go for it. That said, the TV show formula won't 100% work for a movie. Same with The Simpsons, Rugrats, Hey Arnold!, etc. With this movie, in this day and age of time, you ether go big... or go home.

BubbleBud said:
Exactly. One of the main plot points, there was a reason. He acted childish as in he had a kid heart. He still was very likable because you understood the position he was in at the time. He understood why he did, but it didn't make it mean spirited... he acted mature when he was meeting his death, which was a heartfelt scene.

In most of Season 6, he acted stupidly childish. That's what I meant, by the way. If they don't have SB as an likable character, the movie audience may not go for it. That said, the TV show formula won't 100% work for a movie. Same with The Simpsons, Rugrats, Hey Arnold!, etc. With this movie, in this day and age of time, you ether go big... or go home.
Solution: Derek Drymon

BubbleBud

Giant Clam
E.V.I.L said:
Solution: Derek Drymon
And starring Idris Elba as Stacker Pentecost.

IElba.jpg

Cha

I love SBM
I'd like to see a plot where humans see SpongeBob and recognize him from his show. (If Patchy and others know SB in their universe, then it's possible). Maybe Plankon could try to control the human race or the actual planet earth. I mean, that's huge in comparison to just controlling the ocean itself.

Unlimitedcha said:
I'd like to see a plot where humans see SpongeBob and recognize him from his show. (If Patchy and others know SB in their universe, then it's possible). Maybe Plankon could try to control the human race or the actual planet earth. I mean, that's huge in comparison to just controlling the ocean itself.
then you, I, Prez, milkmaid, and Jibbix can go to Savannah and be the weird ones wearing jester hats k?

SandTaro05

I'm ready for 2015!
DadMom AngryPants said:
McDonald's does Nickelodeon now, they had SpongeBob toys last year and I think they had TMNT toys as well. I'm not sure if they still have a deal with Burger King or if they're even allowed to (I don't know the rules of fast food toy promotion exclusivity) but I would guess not.
Ah. I wonder what happened with their partnership with them. There's something about Burger King that makes it seem more like the KK than McD's. I guess it it's just how the name emphasizes the burger part...or I'm just remembering of all the SB stuff they did for the first movie.

I doubt we'll ever get to eat a real Krabby Patty. Nobody knows what's in it and everybody has their own idea about what it would taste like so if they made a "real" one it would spoil the mystery.
As much as I want to have a real patty in the same style as the show, I don't expect any fast food chain to make it exactly like it. I meant that I wanted to see an interpretation of the sandwich; like getting a crab cake, slapping some burger ingredients on top and labeling it as a Krabby Patty. And maybe SpongeBob character-inspired shakes/smoothies! :w00t: I would love to see that happen... :p

But it would be cool if they decorated some of the restaurants to look like the Krusty Krab. Remember for the Simpsons Movie when they turned a bunch of 7-11s into Kwik-E-Marts? It would be much more difficult to pull off something similar with a Krusty Krab theme (especially from the outside - forget it) but even if they just put some flags and netting up on the ceiling ... window clings to make it look like there's netting over the windows ... give the employees temporary uniforms with Krusty Krab name badges and crew hats ... we can dream. :p
...I actually don't remember that. :| I hardly go to 7-11 but that idea was genius. And yeah, it would be difficult to go into detail, but any effort, like the ideas you mentioned, would be great. ^_^

Plankton will probably be causing trouble to some degree but it would make a nice change if he wasn't quite as prominent a villain as he was in the first movie. It's difficult though because he's the series main antagonist so he's the go-to character for villainy. Maybe the problem will be caused by somebody on land, people in general, or they need the help of surface dwellers to solve whatever the problem is.

If he does end up being part of the cause for the the conflict in the movie, but he's only a small (lol) part I wouldn't mind. Maybe he could start out as the villain and later switch sides when things get out of hand. 0.0 That would really be interesting! 8D

spongeykid said:
LOL, that would be too good to be true. xD It sounds like a finale...like I previously stated, that would be neat it Plankton worked with the protagonists to resolve the movie's conflict. I would LOOOVE to see some Spandy <3 I'm pretty sure they won't kiss, but just a little shipy moment or just a good friendly interaction between them would be nice. ^u^ Some sort of reference to Patrick liking mermaids would be nice too. I wouldn't mind Squilliam returning in this since he didn't appear at all in the last movie. I would also love to see something heartwarming...

Which reminds me, I forgot to put this in my other post:

I think the movie would be a good chance for Mr. Krabs to redeem himself. There are too many episodes where he's greediness got more than just the best of him. We need to see more heart. I'd like to see Mr. Krabs make a sacrifice for his friends and/or his daughter. It'll help him become more likable again.

BubbleBud said:
If people go see this movie and SpongeBob is acting unbearably childish, it could turn out very ugly.
I really, really, REALLY hope this doesn't happen. I've said it before and I'll say it agin: I don't want this movie too fail. 8|

Back