186b. Plankton's Pet

kev

innit
This Episode was Great. I liked how they didn't kill off Spots. The episode it self didn't have humor not that much but it didn't bother me.

I give it 8.5/10

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
I'm not really sure whether I liked this episode or not. It didn't really have a strong plot and felt like it was constantly changing direction and jumping around. The best way to describe it would be "Plankton gets a pet and does a bunch of random stuff with it for 11 minutes and then the episode ends". At least it was kind of funny, unlike Squid Defense.

Spot was cute as a one-episode gimmick but the fact that he didn't leave at the end has me worried. I hope he isn't a permanent addition to the show.

Ugly Barnacle

I'm not really ugly, I just stink
Good episode! A lot of parts were very cute, and all of the characters were great, especially Plankton and Spot. It had the right balance of comedy, emotion, and excitement. A lot better than what I had expected. I'd give it a 7.9/10.

Yece

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I lost it at the beginning of the episode (offensive, but so hilarious imo). I just love the structure of the episode and how well the writers did with this one.

My rating- 9/10!!!

SpongeBob: What are you going to call him? He looks like a "Spot" to me!
Amoeba bites SpongeBob
Plankton: That name provokes a violent reaction...Spot it is!!!

Jibbix

Balloon Traveler
Aaand that's another winner for Season 9. It washes out the awful taste Squid Defense left in my mouth. Then again it was written by the team that pretty much writes Pre-Movie level episodes easily- TEAM BEAST: Luke Brookshier, Marc Cecarelli and Mista Lawrence!

Da Good
-Mr. Krabs beating the crap out of a baby was weird at first but became funny this time around.
-Mr. Krabs getting beat up by old ladies was good too.
-I laughed at Spongebob popping up in the window randomly.
-*Plankton walks past Patrick* "Too stupid." I laughed.
-Spot may have had the most unoriginal name in the world, but he was cute.
-"It's not showering me with unconditional love! I think it's defective."
-"HOLY PLOT TWIST"
-I loved the dramatic close-up on Spot's empty collar.
-The scene at the pound was awesome too.
-"You were on my optical cornea the whole time!" Plankton had some great lines this episode.
-SPOT GETS BIG
-And...Plankton keeps Spot? Holy plot twist indeed. I wonder if we will see him again, since this episode didn't seem in a rush to go back to the status quo. Then again, the show doesn't really have continuity, but it has been beefing up in that department lately. I hope Spot appears again.
smile.png

Da Bad
-NOTHING except maybe the fact that it was another plankton episode which I am kinda getting sick of but they are getting better so its alright

Very good episode, my 3rd favorite of the Season behind Patrick-Man and Eek, An Urchin. 8.5-9.0/10

TheAngryWumbologyNerd

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?
9/10

This is how I rank Season 9 now.

1- EEK an Urchin
2- Plankton's Pet
3- Patrick Man
4- Garys New Toy
5- License to Milkshake
6- Squid Defence
7- Squirrel Record
8- Squid Baby
9- Bumper to Bumper
10- Extreme Spots

TropicalNards112233

Krabby Patty Burglar
if someone did not see it, I upload to youtube

Thanks for uploading this, I, for some reason, thought this aired at 8/7 central PM.

Spot was cute as a one-episode gimmick but the fact that he didn't leave at the end has me worried. I hope he isn't a permanent addition to the show.

I personally wouldn't mind if he became a new character, as long as they didn't make him too much of a plot device, like they did with Dil on Rugrats. Then again, Cousin Stanley didn't disappear, he ends up working at the Chum Bucket! But do we see him again? Nope. So he probably won't come back because of the show's virtually non-existent continuity, but if he does, so be it.

Anyway, I thought this was a nearly flawless episode! It didn't really have much humor, but if they story is good enough, I can overlook that. Luckily, I could do just that with this one. I don't have much to say, I can't really get my thoughts together. So my rating is 9.5/10 making this season (IMO) the most flawless beginning of a season yet. We're only in, what, the 6th full episode of the season?

Dr. Peter Lankton

Giant Clam
It was really nice to see an episode with Plankton and his soft side. I'm really surprised he didn't use Spot to get a Krabby Patty for the entire episode. Spot was adorable and I think Plankton just became my new favorite character. Man, I really hope the writers keep Spot. <3

10/10

I really like this episode. I love how they didn't kill off Spot at the end of the episode, because I like seeing some character development. The episode has some humor, not too much, but like "Have You Seen This Snail?" really tugged on the heart strings. Enjoyable episode. Luke Brookshier, Marc Ceccarelli, and Mr. Lawrence are without a doubt, the best post-movie writing team.

8.5|10 Overall

How I rank Season 8:

8 - Squid Baby
7 - Bumper to Bumper
6 - Squid Defense
5 - License to Milkshake
4 - Extreme Spots
3 - Squirrel Record
2 - Plankton's Pet
1 - Eek! An Urchin

Haven't Seen:
Gary's New Toy
Patrick Man

It was really nice to see an episode with Plankton and his soft side. I'm really surprised he didn't use Spot to get a Krabby Patty for the entire episode. Spot was adorable and I think Plankton just became my new favorite character. Man, I really hope the writers keep Spot. <3

10/10

He did use Spot to get a krabby patty.

Dr. Peter Lankton

Giant Clam
I really like this episode. I love how they didn't kill off Spot at the end of the episode, because I like seeing some character development. The episode has some humor, not too much, but like "Have You Seen This Snail?" really tugged on the heart strings. Enjoyable episode. Luke Brookshier, Marc Ceccarelli, and Mr. Lawrence are without a doubt, the best post-movie writing team.

8.5|10 Overall

How I rank Season 8:

8 - Squid Baby
7 - Bumper to Bumper
6 - Squid Defense
5 - License to Milkshake
4 - Extreme Spots
3 - Squirrel Record
2 - Plankton's Pet
1 - Eek! An Urchin

Haven't Seen:
Gary's New Toy
Patrick Man

I know that but that was only for a brief amount of the episode. I was just saying that I was surprised that the whole episode didn't focus on Plankton using Spot to steal a Krabby Patty.

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
Not a bad episode. However, I am disappointed with the ending for the same reason DMAP has said. :\

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff
Decent episode.. I liked the group of people going "Awww"
I don't think I'd really mind if Spot showed up again... but I really don't expect it to happen.
I'll give this episode an 8/10

Vanek

Imitation Krab

8.5|10 Overall

How I rank Season 8:

8 - Squid Baby
7 - Bumper to Bumper
6 - Squid Defense
5 - License to Milkshake
4 - Extreme Spots
3 - Squirrel Record
2 - Plankton's Pet
1 - Eek! An Urchin

Haven't Seen:
Gary's New Toy
Patrick Man

https://vimeo.com/53782023
https://vimeo.com/51813994

Squidward Tortellini

Imitation Krab
I liked this episode.Some decent jokes(*Plankton walks past Patrick* "Too stupid").The scene in the pound where Spot scares away the other animals was pretty cool.I doubt he'll reappear,but it would be nice to see some continuity in this series.I also like how Spot didn't just run away/get killed at the end.

Overall:9.5/10

Back