181a. License to Milkshake

TheBandGeek

Giant Clam

Description: SpongeBob is forced to go back to the milkshake academy when he learns that his milkshake license has expired.

Clip: http://spongebob.nick.com/videos/clip/spongebob-181a-frothy-technology-clip.html

Airs: 8:00 PM, 9/7.

Looks good. I'm gonna post my thoughts on the episode when it airs.

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff
I was really hoping for a "My eyes!" when Captain Frosty was having his flashback of his old milkshake shop
I liked the episode... a lot better than I was expecting. Captain Frosty Mug was good and it had a pretty good plot. 8/10

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
I caught the beginning and the end but missed about a 3 minute chunk in the middle, which was kind of frustrating. I'll probably have more to say on this episode once I manage to watch the whole thing, but I liked the parts I did see. Nickelodeon kind of spoiled the ending by using it in the promo, though. :p

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff
I'm typing the transcript up right now, and I'm just noticing how ridiculous this episode is haha

"(pointing to Captain who is playing a bugle on top of a milkshake plane)"

So many things in this transcript that I just want to add "like a boss" to the end of

BluePikmin11

Moby Dollar
I'm typing the transcript up right now, and I'm just noticing how ridiculous this episode is haha

"(pointing to Captain who is playing a bugle on top of a milkshake plane)"

So many things in this transcript that I just want to add "like a boss" to the end of
You recorded the episode?

It was alright, funny, but nice milkshake idea! :D it was nice to see SpongeBob as the main role, but there was too much "abuse" towards him. 7.2/10

TheBandGeek

Giant Clam
Pretty good. I admit, I thought it'd be a LITTLE better, but it still was really interesting. Better than Squid Baby, but not as good as The Good Krabby Name. I liked the plot, the humor, but I kind of wanted to see more of the main characters. Overall, 7.5/10

DirtyDan

Giant Clam
DO IT!

I actually liked this episode. LOVED that it was in HD. (yeahyeahimanerd) It actually made me laugh a few times. Believe it or not, it kinda reminded me of classic spongebob. Spongebob's character has been much less annoying in the last few episodes than in previous seasons.

8/10

I liked this episode. It was funny, everyone's character was good, and it was a creative plot. No negative points. :)

8.8/10

Cha

I love SBM
I felt like this episode had a 80's vibe in it and I thought it was a cool twist. There was new characters and background fish which were cool, it's nice to see new background fish. Rock montage music? Seems like something from Regular Show to me. The scene with SpongeBob riding a motorcycle was completely awesome! I liked the reference SpongeBob made to his driver's license at the end. Also the title card and the "Twenty Years Earlier" card were both colorful, I dig these new cool cards.

8.9/10

tvguy347

thissitesux12
License To Milkshake - 1/10

To me, this was a much weaker episode than "The Good Krabby Name" and "Squid Baby." The sheer lack of any comedic or laugh-worthy material is startling, and the plot was simply horrible. Most comedies (even shows like iCarly) follow some sort of plot throughout the episode. THIS was a setup, not a plot. To me, it was a bunch of scenes attached to each other, like one enormous montage of SpongeBob trying to overcome some sort of obstacle (which is so overused at this point it's not even funny). This has been a real letdown; I expected a lot not just from Season 9, but this episode, and it was a true disappointment.

Ugly Barnacle

I'm not really ugly, I just stink
Just watched this episode (Thanks again for the link, Abney!) and I have to say, it was not that bad. The plot was original, I like how they expanded on an idea from a prior episode (Yours, Mine, and Mine) and I loved the montage of SpongeBob training. However, I think Captain Frosty Mug was kind of a jerk to SpongeBob. The ending was kind of predictable, SpongeBob doing something to save the Captain's life and then getting a license. But the last line was hilarious! Overall, not too bad of an episode. It wasn't that funny though, but it was original. 7/10

cwn

Porous Freak
DO IT!

I actually liked this episode. LOVED that it was in HD. (yeahyeahimanerd) It actually made me laugh a few times. Believe it or not, it kinda reminded me of classic spongebob. Spongebob's character has been much less annoying in the last few episodes than in previous seasons.

8/10
Sorry to double post, but it has been declared the every season 9 episode will be in HD.

cwn

Porous Freak
Oh yeah. What's so hilarious about that? Anyways, OK episode, but not what I wanted to see for season 9. Not a big fan of the other cadets. 7/10

Dr. Peter Lankton

Giant Clam
Had a good plot but it wasn't that funny. 7.5/10
Secretly I really wanted the milkshake part to happen like in the commercial. ;]

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
Good episode. Not really sure I want to watch it again with Spongebob mixing the ice cream in his body and pouring it out.

Back