156. Frozen Face-Off

hasfarr

your mom

The special that just aired a few days ago. SpongeBob and his friends are entered in a sled race, and the prize money is huge. However, they all hit snags on the way, and a shocking revelation happens.

So, what did you think? Good, bad, or meh?

DirtyDan

Giant Clam
3/5
Definitely not as bad as it could have been... I kind of liked it. I actually laughed a couple times! I wasn't really a fan of the claymation style monster, the cross animation was kind of weird. But still a good episode.

tvlover

Moby Dollar
Here, There, Somewhere, Anywhere, Who Cares?
The special was actually better than I expected it would be. It was better than other episodes this season, also, but still is not the best of SpongeBob. I didn't like that it was a Plankton episode - I'm getting sick of him being used in every other episode. Overall, I suppose I'd give it a B-.

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
I loved this episode. :) I liked how they used the claymation monster along with their regular 2D animation, and the plot was very well-done.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
I too was slightly bothered that it was another "Plankton steals the recipe" plot, but as there were only a few scenes actually showing this, and a lot more focus on the sled race (as opposed to an episode like Great Patty Caper where Plankton is around all the time), I didn't mind that much. I liked that all the main characters had a decent part to play.
I also got a kick out of the claymation Snow Mollusk, but then, I've always had a soft spot for claymation so maybe that's slightly biased of me. :P
Overall, I really enjoyed this special. It was funny, quirky, and liked the fact that certain things made it unique, such as the claymation and Twitter tie-in.

spongygirl92

3/5
Definitely not as bad as it could have been... I kind of liked it. I actually laughed a couple times! I wasn't really a fan of the claymation style monster, the cross animation was kind of weird. But still a good episode.

Same! I did't like the cross animation either. The only cartoon that looks great with the cross animation is The Amazing World of Gumball (huzzAH!!!)

I was disappointed when they left the snow race (what happened, who won the million dollars?) I did like Squidward's fancy winter apparel though ^^

Perry The Platypus

....What?
It was pretty good. I personally loved the monster, like i said, it reminds me of the kind of stuff you see in those old christmas specials.

MechaWave

Karate Master
It was meh. You would think with all those writers and no Aaron Springer involved it wouldn't have those stupid "wtf that don't make no none sense" moments.

spongey37

Moby Dollar
The episode was good. I mean, there were some parts they could made it better...

Piper

Moby Dollar
It was meh. You would think with all those writers and no Aaron Springer involved it wouldn't have those stupid "wtf that don't make no none sense" moments.

Really? I find those moments funny.

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff
I think the crazy monster was the best part
I lol'd every time I saw it

RLYfC.jpg

Ugly Barnacle

I'm not really ugly, I just stink
This episode really isn't that bad. I like the idea of the sled race and how all the main characters worked together. There weren't too many gross/just plain stupid moments, SpongeBob didn't act THAT much like bumbling goofballs (Patrick did, but that is more of his character to do so) however I too am kind of getting tired of the "Plankton-trying-to-steal-the-formula" episodes, even if there are only a few moments that show this. I would give this a 6.4/10.

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff
Interesting plot I'd say... the most amusing part of this episode is the giant monster... just makes me laugh everytime I see it
look at this screenshot of the monster haha http://i.imgur.com/RLYfC.jpg
sort of weird for a SpongeBob episode... but still funny

edit: topics merged

Cha

I love SBM
Pretty good episode. I liked the look of the monster, it reminds me of the Christmas Party event with all the characters. The tweets about it also made it fun too.

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
I liked this episode. It really had a good style, a good plot, and was well written. But, what lowered my score was the fact that it was another Plankton episode. Those episodes really get on my nerves, not to mention how predictable they are. Also, the episode just trailed away from the plot near the end. Sure, they stopped Plankton from getting the formula, but what about the race? Who wins the money? How did everyone that participated suddenly return? That really gets to me. But, other than that, this was a good episode. 6.8/10

hfjs

I HATE THIS EPISODE SO MUCH EPSCIALLY SINCE I'VE SEEN IT 999.999.999,999,999 TIMES

Back