A first look at the SpongeBob SquarePants wedding!

Spongey34

Dafano
Staff
Admittedly, I dont keep up with SpongeBob SquarePants the way I do with, say, Lost or Medium or Melrose Place. But this exclusive clip from Truth or Square, a one-hour special airing Nov. 6, 8:00 p.m. EDT, on Nickelodeon, has me wondering if maybe I should. I mean, seriously, SpongeBob getting married to Sandy? A primitive multicellular beastie betrothed to a squirrel? I cant say I saw these nuptials coming!

Fortunately, a Nickelodeon publicist sent me a release putting the ceremony in context. Truth or Square narrated by Ricky Gervais and featuring Rosario Dawson, Craig Ferguson, Will Ferrell, Tina Fey, LeBron James, Pink, Triumph the Insult Comic Dog and Robin Williams will piece together never-before-seen flashbacks of SpongeBob and his pals after they get trapped inside Krusty Krabs freezer during the restaurants eleventy seventh birthday. And apparently, the SpongeBob-Sandy ceremony is one of the Very Special Moments being revisited for the first time. Press play below for a glimpse of a moony-eyed SpongeBob in love. You may never look at Bikini Bottom the same way again.
Click here for video

bookgirl

Read a book
Oh that was so cute. Spongebob's face when Sandy came down the isle was very cute.

sireatsalot

Alien hunter
Am I the only one out there who doesn't want to know everything about a new show before it comes out?

sireatsalot

Alien hunter
Am I the only one out there who doesn't want to know everything about a new show before it comes out?
Yes. :thumbsup:
You blasted barnacle head! It was a hypothetical question. Seriously, though. Who wants to watch something they already know the outcome of? I still like a good surprise once in a while. It's the same thing when watching movie previews/trailers. Why don't they just go ahead and show the whole movie in five minutes? It's one thing to tease the audience and get their attention, but quite another when almost every good part of the movie is shown in the preview (and even some parts that don't even end up in the movie).

Spongefifi

Derpina
Wow, that must have been the cutest thing I've ever seen on the show! :thumbsup: Spongy looks absolutely adorable with those shiny in-love eyes, lol, and wow they "kissed"! xD
But I am a little glad it's fake O_o

Stinkoman 20X6

I want to get lost in your rock and roll
Yes. :thumbsup:
You blasted barnacle head! It was a hypothetical question. Seriously, though. Who wants to watch something they already know the outcome of? I still like a good surprise once in a while. It's the same thing when watching movie previews/trailers. Why don't they just go ahead and show the whole movie in five minutes? It's one thing to tease the audience and get their attention, but quite another when almost every good part of the movie is shown in the preview (and even some parts that don't even end up in the movie).
1. The purpose of previews/trailers is to get people excited for the movie, so that they'll pay their money to see it.
2. The reason previews show stuff that doesn't end up in the movie is because they'll sometimes cut stuff out of the movie after the trailer has already been made.
3. It's called "anticipation". And besides, it's not like we're trying to look for major spoilers.

bookworm

Vacant Tomb
That was cute. Everyone's eyes were a bit weird. I thought Spongebob's voice would crack when he said "I do" but it didn't.

Stinkoman 20X6

That was cute. Everyone's eyes were a bit weird. I thought Spongebob's voice would crack when he said "I do" but it didn't.
I thought the same thing. It reminds me of that Kim Possible episode where everybody gets brainwashed and they all make goofy faces.

Stinkoman 20X6

Karen looks creepy. :thumbsup:
I actually like seeing a little something on her monitor then just those moving lines. Did look a little weird, though, it'd have been better if they had styled the expression like the way they did in SCA.
We've seen a face on her monitor plenty of times. What are you talking about?

MechaWave

Karate Master

wow get off your drugs, woman...

But I am a little glad it's fake :thumbsup:

sireatsalot

Alien hunter

But I am a little glad it's fake :thumbsup:
Never done 'em, never will.

Stinkoman 20X6

But I am a little glad it's fake :P
...or will you? :shiftyninja:

sireatsalot

Alien hunter

But I am a little glad it's fake :P
...or will you? :shiftyninja:
I don't know... if I stay on this site long enough, one of you guys will surely drive me to drinking or maybe heavy drug use. :P

Back