Cartoon Network Purge

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
Cable's been dying since at least 2015......
I've been observing the death of cable TV, and now people are shifting towards streaming services to watch what they want now. Much of the content that used to be on cable TV is found on Disney+, Paramount+, HBO Max, Peacock, VUDU, Hulu, Apple TV, etc.
People are also rediscovering broadcast TV, and all the locally offered content it offers.
Now, if only they could make streaming services less expensive for consumers...

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
122 Conch Street, Bikini Bottom (or the USA)
This reminds me of how Hanna-Barbara got shut down...

Also this isn't just effecting CN, it's also effecting the characters as some shows were taken off of HBO Max and video's of them that were published on the Cartoon Network YouTube channel got taken down.

SuperSponge1234

Dead Inspector
This reminds me of how Hanna-Barbara got shut down...

Also this isn't just effecting CN, it's also effecting the characters as some shows were taken off of HBO Max and video's of them that were published on the Cartoon Network YouTube channel got taken down.
yeah i saw HBO max doing it sad day for cn

Season 4-11

7 Years of Hospitality
Honestly I think this whole thing is just dumb on HBO's part, especially with the removal of all the shows. They're taking down OK K.O. and Infinity Train for underperformance? There's probably hundreds - or even thousands - of people who bought the service just for one of those shows (or both). HBO Max honestly isn't worth my time (or $14.99 a month for that matter). If Cartoon Network fails as a result, it's not their fault imo, it's the fault of Warner Bros. and HBO Max.

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
Honestly I think this whole thing is just dumb on HBO's part, especially with the removal of all the shows. They're taking down OK K.O. and Infinity Train for underperformance? There's probably hundreds - or even thousands - of people who bought the service just for one of those shows (or both). HBO Max honestly isn't worth my time (or $14.99 a month for that matter). If Cartoon Network fails as a result, it's not their fault imo, it's the fault of Warner Bros. and HBO Max.
Plus Discovery...

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
Uncle Grandpa ended up being a survivor with only one episode from Season 3 plus the crossover with Steven Universe on HBO Max...

It's ironic how now Nickelodeon wants people to make shows for them now (albeit having to be 21 and older) while Cartoon Network is taking off shows that people worked very hard on.

Back