Show News The 279 3-Segment-Episode Announced!

MattTheSpongeFanatic

Goodbye Krabby Patty's #1 Fan
Staff
For the first time since Season 5, there will be 3 segments in a SpongeBob episode:

279a. "Welcome to Binary Bottom"
In an alternate reality, Bikini Bottom is inhabited entirely by robots.
279b. "You're Going to Pay... Phone"
Mr. Krabs installs a cursed payphone in the Krusty Krab.
279c. "A Skin Wrinkle in Time"
GrandPat travels through time to get home.

Normally, 3-segment episodes have a normal length 11 minute episode, a short 7 minute episode, and a short 4 minute episode (In the Episode 1 triplet*, it's a 11-8-3 split but that is unlikely to return). My guess is that 279a is the 11 minute episode, 279b is the 7 minute short, and 279c is the 4 minute short.
All 3 segments are confirmed to be released in November 2022, however the release dates have not been revealed yet.

(*technically the 207 pair, Mimic Madness & House Worming, also counts as a 11-8-3 split because of the Clam Up! short that is part of House Worming.)

Last edited:

MightyMario

The Mightiest Mario
For the first time since Season 5, there will be 3 segments in a SpongeBob episode:

279a. "Welcome to Binary Bottom"
In an alternate reality, Bikini Bottom is inhabited entirely by robots.
279b. "You're Going to Pay... Phone"
Mr. Krabs installs a cursed payphone in the Krusty Krab.
279c. "A Skin Wrinkle in Time"
GrandPat travels through time to get home.

Normally, 3-segment episodes have a normal length 11 minute episode, a short 7 minute episode, and a short 4 minute episode (In the Episode 1 triplet, it's a 11-8-3 split but that is unlikely to return). My guess is that 279a is the 11 minute episode, 279b is the 7 minute short, and 279c is the 4 minute short.
All 3 segments are confirmed to be released in November 2022, however the release dates have not been revealed yet.
This is the Tidal Zone special announced at SDCC, and I believe it’s an hour long special?

Back