271a. Something Narwhal This Way Comes

MattTheSpongeFanatic

Goodbye Krabby Patty's #1 Fan
Staff
"Something Narwhal This Way Comes" is the first half of Episode 271. In this episode, two familiar faces from SpongeBob's past visit Bikini Bottom, but they bring a big problem along with them.

MattTheSpongeFanatic

Staff
9/10. The episode went by really fast and there wasn't much of a lot but it was really funny. Also I liked the Plankton scenes in this episode...

the only problem is that in some scenes SpongeBob has Season 6 Cheeks.

Emy

Floating Shopping List
This is my favorite Season 13 episode so far. I love that Plankton's Army made a return.

Emy

Floating Shopping List
Season 13 is actually going good now with 2 really good episodes. Hopefully the Christmas special is good too. (Probably, they're usually great with Christmas specials)

MattTheSpongeFanatic

Staff
Best moments in this episode:

1637421855402.png
SpongeBob becomes a banjo
1637421919930.png
Trenchbilly Ma Plankton (also notice the plankton shaped like a mushroom in the background)

and also, Hillbilly Bob's face
1637422081595.png

MattTheSpongeFanatic

Staff
Season 13 is actually going good now with 2 really good episodes. Hopefully the Christmas special is good too. (Probably, they're usually great with Christmas specials)
Same, both of these episodes were good and kind of improved the season. I did not expect this one to be too well because I don't like Narlene and Nobby but they are actually really funny in this episode and they were not overused too much.

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
I really liked this episode. It's good to see Narlene and Plankton's family back. 9/10

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Very meh episode... The jokes are great and all but it feels like a extremely boring episode to watch i disliked the ending because Narlene and Nobby stole SpongeBob's stuff
but hilbillybob was adorable
1637422081595.png

Final Rating: 5/10 Meh

Awe

Floating Shopping List
Didn’t like this one at all, not funny at all and I REALLY disliked how they try to force Kamp Koral into try main show. Yeah Nobby and Narlene being here felt like a last try to get Kamp Koral some relevancy.

2/10 Bad episode with a couple good visuals

phantomsponge1148

Imitation Krab
I really enjoyed this one even though I got a little weird at times. Plus I really like how we got to see plankton‘s family again.

7/10

Incidental 11

Imitation Krab
As controversial as the spinoff is, I really love Narlene and seeing her in the main series makes me so happy. Hope to see more of her in future episodes.

Season 4-11

7 Years of Hospitality
I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I really hated this episode.

So Narlene and Nobby somehow know where SpongeBob lives and break into his house. Why? They couldn't just knock on his door? Narlene is also super manipulative, and pretty much forces SpongeBob to let her and Nobby move in. And it doesn't help that Narlene and Nobby are just annoying the whole episode. Narlene is just a dumb hillbilly for the sake of being a dumb hillbilly (and is somehow even dumber than Patrick at times), and then Nobby does nothing memorable and spends most of his screen time doing... ...whatever... while making stupid noises. He's a very forgettable character and sometimes I forget he exists at all.

Then after 3 minutes of filler (was the scene of SpongeBob making himself into a banjo really necessary? Or the scene with Narlene in the bathroom? I certainly didn't find either of them funny), a bunch of hillbillies show up at SpongeBob's now-hillbilly-style-house and we get a bunch of hillbilly stereotypes. Again. And these hillbillies just show up there. It's not funny either. Then they trash SpongeBob's stuff and play loud music in the middle of the night, and this is somehow enough to make Squidward give up his house, completely free of charge. THIS is Squidward's breaking point? After dealing with SpongeBob & Patrick being obnoxiously loud and annoying outside right his house every single day of the week, for YEARS, mind you, he decides to leave because hillbillies are playing loud music at night? Remember Squidville? In that episode Squidward left because his house was completely destroyed by SpongeBob and Patrick messing around with reef blowers. In Opposite Day, he tries moving because SpongeBob & Patrick were breaking into his house. He got an electric fence in Breath of Fresh Squidward for the same reason. And that leads us to this episode, where he decides to give up his house because of loud music and annoying people next door, something he already deals with EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Then we get some off-centered Breaking News text and a report about how these hillbillies are turning every single building in town into some dingy hillbilly building. Does ANYONE in this episode have ANY sort of motivation for ANY of the things they do? Seriously. Every last character just does whatever they want for the sake of doing whatever they want for the entire episode, and there's no motivation for ANY of it. Also, where are the police? Did they just happen to forget that vandalism is a crime? And nobody tries to stop the hillbillies either. They turn Larry's gym into some dingy hillbilly place and does Larry try to stop them? Nope. They turn the boating school into some mule-riding school, and does Mrs. Puff try to stop them? Nope. They turn the Krusty Krab into I-Don't-Even-Know-What and does Mr. Krabs come out and tell them to stop what they're doing? Nope. And by the way, this is all done during the day, when these people would be working. Did the crew just forget that these people actually go to work during the day?

So FINALLY, SpongeBob decides to do something about this, for once in this episode. So SpongeBob, Narlene & Nobby ask Plankton to invite his redneck cousins over to stop whatever these hillbillies are doing. And Plankton, who hasn't been affected by these hillbillies at all (his whole restaurant is intact) agrees to send his family over to help. Remember Plankton's Army? Me too. And I would much rather be watching that episode right now. I don't know why, but it seems the crew has a habit of reminding me of all the other episodes I should be watching instead of the current ones. Also, Plankton's family just comes over and does this for him, Plankton didn't need to bribe them at all. Remember when they wouldn't help him get the formula unless he gave them a reward (i.e. Root Beer)? Then Plankton's cousins show up and stop the "near-whals" (because apparently, these aren't even narwhals) and they all just... jump on the hillbillies and act like leeches and then all the hillbillies turn the buildings back to normal and leave. We also get some references to the old lady on the couch from Trenchbillies, but this time, with Plankton's family. Is this supposed to be Plankton's grandma? Did they forget that she was already an established character? Wait, no, they obviously didn't because Plankton's ACTUAL GRANDMA, the one that's been an ESTABLISHED CHARACTER and has been seen in MULTIPLE EPISODES is right there alongside the rest of Plankton's family. So who is this person? And why is she even there when they could've used Plankton's actual grandma instead?

Then Plankton's family chases out the hillbillies and SpongeBob gives Plankton a big disgusting kiss. Oh yeah, I didn't even mention the gross out in this episode. From Narlene spitting on her feet and giving characters handshakes with it, to characters rubbing their feet on people's faces, to characters straight up bathing in SpongeBob's toilet, this episode has it all. It's not as gross as The Nitwitting, but it's still pretty bad. Then Narlene and Nobby pack up SpongeBob's furniture (I guess they can just keep it now?) and finally leave, only to immediately go over to Squidward's house (I guess he changed his mind on leaving?) and do the EXACT SAME THING to him.

0.5/10

Easily in my bottom 5 for the whole show, probably in my bottom 3. The .5 comes from the animation, which was pretty decent, but nothing above average for this season. Oh, and it gets worse, because Narlene and Nobby are now recurring characters in the main show. I think I'm gonna watch Trenchbillies to clear my mind of this awful episode. At least that episode has an actual plot.

MattTheSpongeFanatic

Staff
I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I really hated this episode.

So Narlene and Nobby somehow know where SpongeBob lives and break into his house. Why? They couldn't just knock on his door? Narlene is also super manipulative, and pretty much forces SpongeBob to let her and Nobby move in. And it doesn't help that Narlene and Nobby are just annoying the whole episode. Narlene is just a dumb hillbilly for the sake of being a dumb hillbilly (and is somehow even dumber than Patrick at times), and then Nobby does nothing memorable and spends most of his screen time doing... ...whatever... while making stupid noises. He's a very forgettable character and sometimes I forget he exists at all.

Then after 3 minutes of filler (was the scene of SpongeBob making himself into a banjo really necessary? Or the scene with Narlene in the bathroom? I certainly didn't find either of them funny), a bunch of hillbillies show up at SpongeBob's now-hillbilly-style-house and we get a bunch of hillbilly stereotypes. Again. And these hillbillies just show up there. It's not funny either. Then they trash SpongeBob's stuff and play loud music in the middle of the night, and this is somehow enough to make Squidward give up his house, completely free of charge. THIS is Squidward's breaking point? After dealing with SpongeBob & Patrick being obnoxiously loud and annoying outside right his house every single day of the week, for YEARS, mind you, he decides to leave because hillbillies are playing loud music at night? Remember Squidville? In that episode Squidward left because his house was completely destroyed by SpongeBob and Patrick messing around with reef blowers. In Opposite Day, he tries moving because SpongeBob & Patrick were breaking into his house. He got an electric fence in Breath of Fresh Squidward for the same reason. And that leads us to this episode, where he decides to give up his house because of loud music and annoying people next door, something he already deals with EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Then we get some off-centered Breaking News text and a report about how these hillbillies are turning every single building in town into some dingy hillbilly building. Does ANYONE in this episode have ANY sort of motivation for ANY of the things they do? Seriously. Every last character just does whatever they want for the sake of doing whatever they want for the entire episode, and there's no motivation for ANY of it. Also, where are the police? Did they just happen to forget that vandalism is a crime? And nobody tries to stop the hillbillies either. They turn Larry's gym into some dingy hillbilly place and does Larry try to stop them? Nope. They turn the boating school into some mule-riding school, and does Mrs. Puff try to stop them? Nope. They turn the Krusty Krab into I-Don't-Even-Know-What and does Mr. Krabs come out and tell them to stop what they're doing? Nope. And by the way, this is all done during the day, when these people would be working. Did the crew just forget that these people actually go to work during the day?

So FINALLY, SpongeBob decides to do something about this, for once in this episode. So SpongeBob, Narlene & Nobby ask Plankton to invite his redneck cousins over to stop whatever these hillbillies are doing. And Plankton, who hasn't been affected by these hillbillies at all (his whole restaurant is intact) agrees to send his family over to help. Remember Plankton's Army? Me too. And I would much rather be watching that episode right now. I don't know why, but it seems the crew has a habit of reminding me of all the other episodes I should be watching instead of the current ones. Also, Plankton's family just comes over and does this for him, Plankton didn't need to bribe them at all. Remember when they wouldn't help him get the formula unless he gave them a reward (i.e. Root Beer)? Then Plankton's cousins show up and stop the "near-whals" (because apparently, these aren't even narwhals) and they all just... jump on the hillbillies and act like leeches and then all the hillbillies turn the buildings back to normal and leave. We also get some references to the old lady on the couch from Trenchbillies, but this time, with Plankton's family. Is this supposed to be Plankton's grandma? Did they forget that she was already an established character? Wait, no, they obviously didn't because Plankton's ACTUAL GRANDMA, the one that's been an ESTABLISHED CHARACTER and has been seen in MULTIPLE EPISODES is right there alongside the rest of Plankton's family. So who is this person? And why is she even there when they could've used Plankton's actual grandma instead?

Then Plankton's family chases out the hillbillies and SpongeBob gives Plankton a big disgusting kiss. Oh yeah, I didn't even mention the gross out in this episode. From Narlene spitting on her feet and giving characters handshakes with it, to characters rubbing their feet on people's faces, to characters straight up bathing in SpongeBob's toilet, this episode has it all. It's not as gross as The Nitwitting, but it's still pretty bad. Then Narlene and Nobby pack up SpongeBob's furniture (I guess they can just keep it now?) and finally leave, only to immediately go over to Squidward's house (I guess he changed his mind on leaving?) and do the EXACT SAME THING to him.

0.5/10

Easily in my bottom 5 for the whole show, probably in my bottom 3. The .5 comes from the animation, which was pretty decent, but nothing above average for this season. Oh, and it gets worse, because Narlene and Nobby are now recurring characters in the main show. I think I'm gonna watch Trenchbillies to clear my mind of this awful episode. At least that episode has an actual plot.
I personally like this episode but it definitely has its flaws. It didn't really have a central plot, but I found the jokes to be decent, but I can definitely see why you didn't like the episode.

Season 4-11

7 Years of Hospitality
I personally like this episode but it definitely has its flaws. It didn't really have a central plot, but I found the jokes to be decent, but I can definitely see why you didn't like the episode.
I probably hate this episode more than I should lol. And if you like it, more power to you. This one just really didn't do it for me.

Back