Show News Nickelodeon to Premiere "The Patrick Star Show" in July *TEASER INCLUDED*

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
Nick is premiering the 2nd SpongeBob spin-off in July and they released the teaser trailer today

People are complaining about the new series saying it's "trash" and "unneeded" which I kinda have to agree

How do you guys feel about "The Patrick Star Show"?

Do you think it's better off being scrapped?

Thanks in advance!

BTW, if you want to see the trailer it's on NickALive Blog

MattTheSpongeFanatic

Goodbye Krabby Patty's #1 Fan
Staff
I'm fine with Kamp Koral but this spinoff really is unnecessary and I feel like with 2 extra shows to be maintained at once the original series might go downhill.

(Also the trailer video has 220 likes and 236 dislikes as of now, I expected that)

It's funny how Nickelodeon picked the two worst spinoff ideas possible. The way I see it, there are three important rules when it comes to making a spinoff series:

1. Don't age the characters down
2. Don't give the comic relief character a show
3. Make it different enough to warrant being a full series

Kamp Koral broke rule 1, this show broke rule 2, and both of them broke rule 3.

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
Exactly

Will Nick EVER learn?!?

This sounds like the parent series (it even has SpongeBob SquarePants himself!) and doesn't feel unique or changed enough to warrant an entire show!

I am also okay with Kamp Koral

MPack

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Back when Kamp Koral was first announced, I was "SCREW NICKELODEON FOR DISRESPECTING A DEAD CARTOONIST'S WISHES!!!"
But when I looked into the tweets and info about the controversy, I thought they never really intended to disrespect Steve's wishes. Therefore, and I don't mean to offend, but every time I hear "OH THEY DISRESPECT STEPHEN HILLENBURG'S WISHES" and whatnot, I just get annoyed.
This show has a decent concept, but Patrick's parents' redesign is not something to ride home about. Still, Nickelodeon sucks nowadays (from the 2010's onwards), but they still had good cartoons from then and now.

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
We really have no way of knowing if Nickelodeon intentionally wanted to disrespect Stephen Hillenburg by moving forward with the spin-off projects without having him here to set the record straight but then these spin-offs most likely wouldn't even exist so...

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
Yeah, looks exactly like SpongeBob, just different characters. Kind of like The Loud House and whatever spin-off show they have that I can't pronounce.

SuperSponge1234

Dead Inspector
I am so excited about the show I don't think it's disrespectful to steve we don't know his personal opinions I wonder how is it going to go I have so many questions

Supersponge456

Floating Shopping List
oh yeah i see the promo for it on nicktoons alot also i saw a clip in a nick summer commercial that also shows some footage of middlemost post anyway i think the show looks like it will be good

spunchbop444

Squidward's Clarinet
For any idiots who still think that Stephen Hillenberg didn't want this, read his saying again. He said that he didn't see spinoffs happening, not that he didn't want spinoffs. Stephen also knew about the production and even worked on Kamp Koral.

MPack

Bomb-Selling Pirate
For any idiots who still think that Stephen Hillenberg didn't want this, read his saying again. He said that he didn't see spinoffs happening, not that he didn't want spinoffs. Stephen also knew about the production and even worked on Kamp Koral.
Exactly

SuperSponge1234

Dead Inspector
yeah that's true but he didn't work on Patrick show but he would work on it if he worked on Kamp Koral but paul said he would hates it but granted paul does not know about Kamp Koral behind the scenes and he even said he never worked on it and I don't think tom Kenny would disrespect his best friend also Stephen said he never thought a spin-off would work he thought Patrick is too much but he isn't there is other characters balanced him he hate Spongebob babies but he worked on it people who belive he hates it from rumors are wrong

Back