Nickelodeon Kart Racers is getting a sequel

Whisper

let me show you how its done
Staff
There's also a trailer -

It certainly looks better than the 1st one. Never played it but the lacking roster turned me away. This one is expanding it though, so that's nice. Still not sure if I'll get it though, but I might once the price drops.

NintendoRulz29

Imitation Krab
I think that while the trailer makes it look fine, we should probably wait for more info because the game just did not control that well in the first game. Hoping the physics are changed for the better.

Season 4-11

7 Years of Hospitality
The first game had awful controls and an awful color pallet. The colors look better in this game, not sure about the controls, and the fact that Jojo Siwa is playable and not Timmy Turner makes me depressed.

Combusto82

Does this look unsure to you?
What?! Jojo Siwa is in Kart Racers 2?! not a fan of her

then i will not buy it. i would rather to buy Spongebob Rehydrated game

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
They have all of these retro nick characters, but they don't have their shows airing. Doesn't make sense to me. Why not just have current nick characters in the game instead?

Whisper

Staff
They have all of these retro nick characters, but they don't have their shows airing. Doesn't make sense to me. Why not just have current nick characters in the game instead?
I imagine the retro characters are meant to be nostalgia bait for the older crowd.

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
I imagine the retro characters are meant to be nostalgia bait for the older crowd.
I can't disagree with this but it just makes more sense in my head to have one solely based for kids with current shows then bring one out name "Kart Racers 3: 90s Edition" or whatever for the older crowd.

Whisper

Staff
I can't disagree with this but it just makes more sense in my head to have one solely based for kids with current shows then bring one out name "Kart Racers 3: 90s Edition" or whatever for the older crowd.
Well tbh this isn't exactly a new thing for Nick games. Despite the first one's lacking roster, it still featured Hey Arnold and Rugrats characters. Also Nicktoons MLB, which I believe was the last Nicktoons game before Kart Racers, featured stuff like Danny Phantom and Ren & Stimpy despite their shows no longer airing. I can see where you're coming from, and honestly it will probably be mostly kids buying this anyways, but if they ONLY had current characters, the roster would still be really lacking since theres only a few Nicktoons airing currently. (Although they did add in Jojo Siwa for whatever reason...)

Back