Show News "Kamp Koral" SB Prequel title greenlit by Nickelodeon!

hastaluego

Floating Shopping List
It's hard to say

But it would be safer and less risky to just do the 3rd movie without making a spin-off

What if Kamp Koral fails?

What will this do to SpongeBob's reputation?!

I don't know. Even if Kamp Koral only lasts a season, I would be surprised if they cancel the main show due to it being so iconic and because it's a big source of income for Nickelodeon from merchandising alone.

Looking at a different franchise, the Han Solo spinoff movie might have failed at the box office (spinoff overload), but I'd be very surprised if people don't go to see the final film in the sequel trilogy.

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
Yeah if Stephen Hillenburg really did create Kamp Koral then Paul Tibbitt wouldn't have said that!

EDIT: Either Hillenburg is lying or Nick is but there's no way to know for sure since he's dead

I think it is Nickelodeon

Why would they say all of this stuff now instead of back in 2018 when he died?

They're just doing damage control

Last edited:

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
It appears there was a misinterpretation in the interview. It was not Hillenburg's idea to make the series. They were talking about why it was CGI.

Combusto82

Does this look unsure to you?
Pearl Krabs will be in Kamp Koral?! but she is teen while Spongebob is 26

so when Spongebob was 10, it means Pearl was a baby as seen in Whale Watching episode where it was revealed that Squidward babysit her

latest

EM.

Moby Dollar
Spongebob’s divers license in earlier episodes say he was born in June 14th 1986, making him 33 years old.

Back