245a. Gary's Got Legs

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
The episode was okay. But just like Broken Alarm, the jokes implying Squidward wishing death upon SpongeBob is extremely cruel. Mean spirited humor is a huge problem in post-movie and post 2nd movie SpongeBob. I'm still shocked that Squidward attended the party in Birthday blowout. The episode was okay, it was also creepy and offputting seeing SpongeBob as a snail at the end of the episode. I give it a 6.5/10

krustykrab2forprofit

Imitation Krab
very crazy but fun episode. gary kicking all of the people at the park was funny and the “his legs” gag was funny. new timecard was nice and spongebobs limbs not working from all the pampering was sorta funny, but not super funny. the ending with mr krasb cutting off the limbs felt sorta rushed but not very rushed. and spongebob as a snail was hilarious. i really liked this episode. 8/10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CheeseCrocker

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Decent episode. Nothing too special but it's nice.

Good Episode (7/10)

CheeseCrocker

Bomb-Selling Pirate
NEW OPINION:

I enjoy the first half of this episode. It contains some decent jokes and the structure is fine. But the second half is when this episode just becomes too overly weird and just slams a random plot I don't even get at all.

Rating: Mediocre

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Y’all already know what it is—a Gary episode! These are all made for me, didn’t you know that? This episode is similar to “Chatterbox Gary” in that it does something to put Gary on “equal footing” with SpongeBob, this time quite literally, as SpongeBob gives Gary his own legs so he can walk instead of crawl around. But unlike that episode, this one gets weird. And I like bizarre things, so I’m excited.

Because this is a Gary episode that I enjoy, you already know what this episode is chock-full of—Gary and SpongeBob being adorable together. This episode is about their relationship in a few different ways, so I’m really treated here. Their morning stretches are adorable, and I love how SpongeBob tries to figure out a way for Gary to keep up with him when jogging. The tank bit is hilarious. SpongeBob doesn’t always get slapsticked, but when he does, it’s often funny. When SpongeBob gives Gary some legs, their little scene together is so adorable. The first steps thing is just heartwarming, and then them dancing together is really cute and fun. It’s nice seeing Gary so expressive since he’s typically the show’s least expressive character after Karen.

Gary gets very kick happy, and it’s hilarious to watch. Like let the snail kick people, he deserves it! When SpongeBob and Gary head back home, SpongeBob is tired, and asks for some help with the door. But Gary can’t open it. You know what that means…more experimental surgery, arm edition! Gary learning to use his aems is pretty funny, and provides us with more slapstick.

Gary being so happy and excited in this episode is just adorable. And as we see Gary getting happier and happier, we see SpongeBob getting lazier and lazier, as Gary pampers him so. But when the weekend is over, we see that SpongeBob’s limbs are experiencing atrophy. Well that’s a little horrifying can’t lie to you. And because they have atrophied so, SpongeBob’s unable to go to work, so Gary takes his place. But Gary…ah…Gary’s not as good of a cook as SpongeBob. Sidenote, but Mr. Krabs is hilarious with that $5 complaint fee bit. I don’t care how many times the show uses the same joke, Mr. Krabs being a money-hungry fool will always amuse me. And then Squidward abusing his power when Mr. Krabs leaves so that he can take a break is great and so relatable…like that’s an employee’s fantasy.

Mr. Krabs sets off to SpongeBob’s house to find where SpongeBob is, and that’s where this episode gets weird. Because if Gary has taken SpongeBob’s place…then that means that SpongeBob…yeah, is this episode a stealth sequel to “I Was A Teenage Gary”??? SpongeBob’s snail form is legitimately horrific LMAO. Mr. Krabs refuses to allow this to go on for any longer, so he breaks in and uses a Krabby Patty to revive him (after a hilarious scene of SpongeBob attacking Mr. Krabs). Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob that snails shouldn’t have limbs, and while SpongeBob is hesitant to get rid of them because Gary loves them so much, Mr. Krabs has no such qualms, and he cuts them clean off, after an entertaining fight. The apology scene is at first whatever but then it turns hilarious when SpongeBob randomly apologizes to Patrick.

“Gary’s Got Legs” was a pretty good episode. Better than “Chatterbox Gary”? Mmm, not quite, but still pretty good. It amused me thoroughly, but the atrophying thing made me freak out more than I probably should’ve. Well, freak out is a strong word, but y’all get what I mean. Probably. Anyway, Great tier.

Episode Tier: Great
Episode Score:
8.7/10

SpongebobMaster

Dollarbob enjoyer
this is basically a good version of I was a teenage Gary it has everything that episode should have been its creative, fun and other stuff one of the best season 12 episodes in my opinion

Back