Pinned thread Unpopular Opinions you Have on SpongeBob

mitchellthespongebobfan

Imitation Krab
The Krusty Krab Training Video is kind of boring.

I enjoy watching Season 9b more than the first 3 seasons.

A lot of Season 10 and 11 is just as bad as season 6-8.

Patrick is the worst character on the show (him being overly dumb is just too extreme nowadays).

There's nothing wrong with Boating episodes or episodes where Plankton tries to steal the formula even though there's so many of them. As long as the idea is fresh and good the premise being overused shouldn't effect the episode quality.

Post movie is way overhated. As a child I couldn't even notice the quality difference, it's obviously noticeable now that I'm older but I'm not gonna change the channel when post movie comes on, and I enjoy probably 80% of it.

Chaserx

Imitation Krab
*post movie sb is as good as everything else.
*season 1 was hands down the WORST season and SO BORING.
*the BEST season is season 9b, or 10, or even 11 and maybe 12.

EntertainmentFanatic

Part Computer or Something
After rewatching season 4 I can safely and confidently say it's a great season. As a season overall it's still not quite up to the quality of the previous three but still has some great moments. Krusty Towers and Skill Crane feel like pre-movie episodes and are some of my favorite of the series. Season 3 is my absolute favorite. CWN is not overrated, KKTV is overrated but still very good. I really like Band Geeks but not as much as most other fans. Dying With Pie is one of the best episodes of the series. I liked Party Pooper Pants. Arrgh is underrated. Post 2nd Movie is getting close to being on par with pre-movie. I love the expressiveness in the new seasons and I like the overall direction the show is taking. Uhh, seasons 6 - 7 were trash imo but I actually thought 8 was an improvement. I do like some season 9a episodes but a good amount of them were not great. I'll make another reply if I think of anything else.

Octavionknox888

Moby Dollar
After rewatching season 4 I can safely and confidently say it's a great season. As a season overall it's still not quite up to the quality of the previous three but still has some great moments. Krusty Towers and Skill Crane feel like pre-movie episodes and are some of my favorite of the series. Season 3 is my absolute favorite. CWN is not overrated, KKTV is overrated but still very good. I really like Band Geeks but not as much as most other fans. Dying With Pie is one of the best episodes of the series. I liked Party Pooper Pants. Arrgh is underrated. Post 2nd Movie is getting close to being on par with pre-movie. I love the expressiveness in the new seasons and I like the overall direction the show is taking. Uhh, seasons 6 - 7 were trash imo but I actually thought 8 was an improvement. I do like some season 9a episodes but a good amount of them were not great. I'll make another reply if I think of anything else.
Most people like season 4, and season 3 is most people's favorites

Octavionknox888

Moby Dollar
Really? I mean, I see a lot of people bashing season 4 except for some episodes like Krusty Towers, and a LOT of people say season 2 is their favorite. From what I've seen they're unpopular opinions.
There are still people bashing season 4, like episodes like good neighbors, all that glitters, the best day ever, and the gift of gum, but more people are starting to like this season ( heck, one time it was considered the worst spongebob season ). I see a lot of people saying season 4 as good in this website. Also yes, season 2 is more loved, but season 3 is a close 2nd to most fans. I do agree on you on band geeks, enjoyed it, but not in my top 5.

Last edited:

Grass-Skirt-Chase

Call me Këlp0
~Season six is NOT a terrible season.

I know, I know. —It’s one of the most hated seasons! After all the season six badmouthing I’d heard from YouTubers and fellow SB fans, I used to declare it the “worst season”, too. But you know what? I take it back. Season six, despite its many terrible plotlines, out of character moments, and grotesque closeups, I can still appreciate it. It’s the season of SpongeBob I grew up with. You see, I was just moving on from shows geared towards toddlers and young children right around the time that seasons six through eight were spewing out new episodes from the depths of Nickelodeon studios. Being a young kid, I didn’t mind the quality. I thought it was quite the hilarious show, despite my parents considering it to be a “dum-dum show” that it would “rot my brain”. And yes, I know good quality when I see it. Seasons six through eight sucked! Though, personally I think seven and eight are much worse. Regardless of quality, six gave me “Not Normal”, “Sand Castles in the Sand”, “Choir Boys”, “Enchanted Tiki Dreams”, and “Toy Store of Doom”. —Episodes I still quote to this day! :) Episodes that made SpongeBob something only me and my siblings watch. Episodes that made me have to CONVINCE my parents to let me watch such trash. Episodes that hold childhood memories... Season six is nostalgic...

~SpongeBob is NOT asexual.

Beloved Hillenburg may have said so, but I don’t feel as if it was explicitly stated. Sure, he “considers” SpongeBob to be asexual, but I think that was so he could avoid any further arguments regarding his character’s sexuality. The show itself disproves that SpongeBob is asexual in episodes like “To Love a Patty”. Maybe I don’t know the definition of asexual well enough, but he FELL IN LOVE with the patty. Sure, it’s an inanimate object, but he DID have strong feelings for it. —And don’t get me started on SquidBob...

~Spandy will never and should never happen.

Truth or Square is, to me, not a reliable source of canon material. I don’t consider their “marriage scene” to affect their relationship, nor the book in which SpongeBob slipped and said he had a crush on Sandy. And so what if it is considered “canon”? —It’s really not! They’re friends and nothing more. If they were intended to be more than friends, we’d have gotten subtle clues early on. The only relationship clues I’m getting (and blatantly, at that) are all regarding SquidBob. Yeah, I’m biased.

~SquidBob IS canon.

On SpongeBob’s part, at least. SpongeBob’s actions towards Squidward in later seasons are borderline gay, if not flat out. You know that infamous scene: “Bye, Squidward. Bye, Mr. Krabs. Byyyye, Squidward.” Then he proceeds to wiggle his fingers suggestively. In episodes like “SquidBob TentaclePants” (ha, even the title approves), SpongeBob displays a creepy fascination with being near “Squiddy”, as he calls him. In episodes like “Squid Noir”, he can be seen swooning over Squidward. In this particular episode, he even tells Squidward “there’s room for one more” kiss on his cheek, while pointing. The compliment “he’s so handsome” is literally the closing line in the despised episode “Are You Happy Now?”. Yeah, duh, Squidward HATES SpongeBob, but even he can show affection for him, like towards the end of both “Graveyard Shift” and “Dying for Pie”, my two favorite episodes!

Last edited:

IWumboYouWumbo

Imitation Krab
My unpopular opinions in no particular order:

-Season 1 is better than Seasons 2 and 3
-Band Geeks is overrated because of Sweet Victory, and there are far better episodes out there
-People only hate on One Coarse Meal because of the suicide scene and should pay attention to other aspects of the episode as well
-Stephen Hillenburg's return didn't save the series (nothing against him personally, may he rest in peace)
-Bold and Brash isn't funny anymore
-Bubble Bass and Old Man Jenkins shouldn't have been turned into recurring characters
-Squidward's voice is cringeworthy in newer episodes
-I'm With Stupid is an enjoyable episode (up until Patrick's "parents" are introduced)
-Season 11 is worse than Season 7 and Season 12 is shaping up to be that way as well
-Blackjack is an underrated episode

Last edited:

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
-Post 2nd Movie is overrated
-Early season 4 episodes are pre-movie quality (Lost Matress, MM&BB VI, Krusty Towers)
- Good season 6 episodes overshadow the bad ones (Especially Chum Bucket Supreme and Ditchin') (Chum Caverns was a good one too).
-I don't like the over the top art style with the new facail expressions
-Patrick acts just as dumb in Post 2nd Movie than he does in the dark ages
-I don't think pre-movie has a single bad episode, it's worst episodes are mediocre
-Party Pooper Pants and I Was a Teenage Gary weren't bad episodes, they were "Meh"
-The Great Snail Race was a good episode because of how sharp the humor was
-Truth Or Square would've been an okay episode if it wasn't for the false advertising
-Season 3 was a good season from start to finish, even it's later episodes
-The wobbly lines and old sound effects add the extra zest to the humor of classic Spongebob (Think of it like this, Band Geeks wouldn't be as funny if it had Season 8's sound and animation)

Mikeduke324

Geographer
I think that Season Four actually was pretty great, and that post second movie is still pretty bad. I also think that 'Spandy' or other SB ships are stupid. It's an American cartoon for 5-12 year olds.

Last edited:

Grass-Skirt-Chase

Call me Këlp0
I think that Season Four actually was pretty great, and that post second movie is still pretty bad. I also think that 'Spandy' or other SB ships are stupid. It's an American cartoon for 5-12 year olds.

Ships provide fans with a whole nother world to explore that is grounded in their favorite show. It opens up endless possibilities with fanfiction and fanart. Shipping characters can really make a show more interesting, regardless of the initial content or intended audience. Besides, SpongeBob is popular with people both young and old. While it may be suitable for children, one could argue it gets more attention from adolescents and adults.

Personally, my favorite ships are SquidBob, Plabs, and PatBob, along with a few canon pairings like Plankaren and Kruff. I must agree, though, Spandy is kinda stupid. Not my cup of tea, but to each his own.

:dab:

(Also, yeah, season 4 was really awesome!!!)

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
The problem with the shipping is they're not serious about it

The writers love to troll the viewers about SpongeBob characters in love and it's gotten old IMHO

To me, SpongeBob SquarePants has suddenly turned into The Bachelorette with all the Sandy shipping stuff

Does Sandy love Mr. Krabs, Patrick, or Squidward?

Who will she give the rose to?

Find out next week on "The Bachelorette:SpongeBob SquarePants Edition"!

Really in all seriousness the ship teases are exactly that...teases that won't actually go anywhere and are only there to compensate for lack of unique plots

Get rid of "ship teases" on SpongeBob because without continuity they won't really happen

Keep this stuff confined to fanfiction & fanart!

It's dragging down the show

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
The only ships with actual merit are Squff and Squandy because Squidward needs a partner to be happy

He's the character who can benefit the most from a relationship

Otherwise, there is no purpose to shipping on this show

It's just there and does not contribute anything to the overall plot since there IS no "overall plot"!

Last edited:

Grass-Skirt-Chase

Call me Këlp0
The only ships with actual merit are Squff and Squandy because Squidward needs a partner to be happy

He's the character who can benefit the most from a relationship

Otherwise, there is no purpose to shipping on this show

It's just there and does not contribute anything to the overall plot since there IS no "overall plot"!

:barnacles: If there is no overall plot, then what are you getting so worked up about, anyway?

Back