Banished
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PTdB61vdsE
F.U.N. with the VHS effect on a Japanese DVD or somewhere in Japan

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
spongebranch said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PTdB61vdsE
F.U.N. with the VHS effect on a Japanese DVD or somewhere in Japan
Japan is actually an NTSC region, just like the US, so the composite artifacts don't surprise me

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
11293174_2.jpg
9703973_1.jpg

9687248_1.jpg

Season 1's cels have the exact same colors as the aired version, notice how they chose to color spongebob with a dull shade of yellow paint.

JaiSponge

Imitation Krab
Update: As of now, "Your Shoe's Untied / Squid's Day Off" and "Something Smells / Bossy Boots" have been updated. And thus I can officially confirm these are brand new, updated prints and not just the international versions plastered on because the "Something Smells" audio error is not there, on top of the fact that the Nickelodeon comet logo is absent on all episodes. Also, the pillarboxes have been cropped out mostly, so the episodes are now basically in their proper aspect ratio without the unnecessary padding. The only episodes left to be updated are "Christmas Who?", "Survival of the Idiots / Dumped", and "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy III / Squirrel Jokes".

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
JaiSponge said:
Update: As of now, "Your Shoe's Untied / Squid's Day Off" and "Something Smells / Bossy Boots" have been updated. And thus I can officially confirm these are brand new, updated prints and not just the international versions plastered on because the "Something Smells" audio error is not there, on top of the fact that the Nickelodeon comet logo is absent on all episodes. Also, the pillarboxes have been cropped out mostly, so the episodes are now basically in their proper aspect ratio without the unnecessary padding. The only episodes left to be updated are "Christmas Who?", "Survival of the Idiots / Dumped", and "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy III / Squirrel Jokes".
Show me the updated versions

spongebranch

Banished
The Italian prints of Seasons 1 and most of Season 2 have very bad composite artifacts.

spongebranch

Banished
krusty_love.png

Krusty Love has slight DVNR on the Seascape Capers DVD along with The Smoking Peanut (there's noticeable composite effects too)

jellyfishunter.png

Jellyfish Hunter has palebob on the SpongeGuard on Duty DVD

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
I've noticed that markerbob episodes never go off model, only episodes in other art styles are vulnerable to this. Markerbob episodes are also less vulnerable to dot crawl, and if they do have dot crawl....it's really bad, like in I'm With Stupid or Spongeguard on Duty

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
Back