Nick.com Nostalgia...get it here!

warblower99

Chop those gravy bars
I remember the good old days when Nick was...decent, and their website was even better. I searched Google to my heart's extent when I found a very nostalgic image (attached to this post a long with one more of nick.co.uk from around the same time). I welled up with nostalgia, even though this was a website from 2004, not 2005, the year I was born. The reason for that is because there was a website still up around 2010 or 2011 that I used to go to everyday (which was Nick) that had the exact same format as the 2004-2005 nick.com site. I forgot the URL, of course, but it was something around the lines of "nick.idk.idk". I always used to play Spongebob's B.C. Bowling on there, too. A few years later and I stumble across archive.org (God bless that site!!!) Using their Wayback Machine I have gone to previous (and ancient) versions of so many sites, including Nick.com. When I realized what a great site it was, I had one question...

"What was it like having a NickName, posting on the Message Boards, chatting with celebrities live, getting and spending NickPoints, trading eCollectables, sending e-Cards, playing games with people via email, etc.?"

If any of you guys have any fond memories of nick.com from back in 2002-2005 I'd love to know about it.

Plus, I'm searching for remnants of noggin.com from October 2000 to March/April 2002, and if anyone has any info/memories of that, I'd love to know.

I only had memories of this site from 2008 to before the redesign (I don't know when that was), but it did feature having the things you listed, so it probaly was similar to how the site was from the early to mid 2000's. I never really tried these things, but from the looks of it, they looked really fun. I would always browse the SpongeBob section of the message boards, but activity would be kind of dead for the most part. What I remember most was registering for Nick.com, adding my high scores and seeing others comment their high scores with same messages every time. They were either, "Love this game" "I like it" or "This game is awesome". Old Nick.com really was awesome for what it was.

Flabby Patty

Flabby Patty > Krusty Krab
Not really of the time period - I'm mostly from 2006. I do remember playing awesome SpongeBob/Jimmy Neutron games, especially the one where you had to build a maze. Other things like Nicktropolis and the movie studio were also awesome in the day.

Now that it's all about those smartphones and tablets, sites like these have declined a whole lot. Sad to see.

Flabby Patty said:
Not really of the time period - I'm mostly from 2006. I do remember playing awesome SpongeBob/Jimmy Neutron games, especially the one where you had to build a maze. Other things like Nicktropolis and the movie studio were also awesome in the day.

Now that it's all about those smartphones and tablets, sites like these have declined a whole lot. Sad to see.
In my opinion, smartphones and tablets have been such a useful tool for society, but has definitely caused sites for channels like Nick to get more simple and minimal of design and style. I definitely did not like the redesign when it debuted and I still don't, but whatever gets the cash for Nick, they'll go with it.

warblower99

Chop those gravy bars

I remember the old movie studio! It was a bit obselete and broken when I played it, but still cool.

Back