Pinned thread Old Member Reunion Nostalgia Regathering Topic

SpongeTube

Imitation Krab
FinnDinner said:
For some reason this topic makes me very sad. It's really amazing.
I know I feel depressed now. While I'm new here I have been a part of a few forums over the years and either I stopped checking in or they have closed. It can suck getting older and having nostalgia hit you in the face.

SpongeTube said:
I know I feel depressed now. While I'm new here I have been a part of a few forums over the years and either I stopped checking in or they have closed. It can suck getting older and having nostalgia hit you in the face.
are you former SBM user or..? cause you recently just joined yesterday...

Arkei

Porous Freak
Glad to see this place is still around! Time flies. Graduating college this year, then the rest of my life, or something. I used to be embarrassed about all the stuff I got up to as a kid, but it's all fond memories now.

FkT0UPV.png

I found out that our old deviantart animation group from 2007 is still up, including all of our animations! I love looking at these again. I think this might be some of the only surviving media, considering we used to live in the age of ImageShack and image links in pretty much all threads pre-2010 seem to be broken.

Stinkoman 20X6

I want to get lost in your rock and roll
It's unfortunate that Stephen's death is what brought me here once again. But I've been very touched to see just how many of us returned to pay our respects.

It's amazing to think I was just a quirky, socially awkward 12-year old kid (as emphasized by my old "DOUGis12" username) when I started here. And now, I'm 25 and in just a couple of weeks... I will be graduating from college, and finally officially entering that deep, murky sea trench known as the adult world. And although I truthfully haven't been into SpongeBob for quite a number of years now, I will always cherish the memories that Stephen Hillenburg and his wonderful show gave me, as well as all the memories I built up here on this forum.

EDIT: Well I'm here by the way, I should probably point out that you can now find me on other sites, including social media, under the name "Xaldel" now, if you're interested in keeping up with me. That's my universal Internet handle moving forward.

Stinkoman 20X6 said:
It's unfortunate that Stephen's death is what brought me here once again. But I've been very touched to see just how many of us returned to pay our respects.

It's amazing to think I was just a quirky, socially awkward 12-year old kid (as emphasized by my old "DOUGis12" username) when I started here. And now, I'm 25 and in just a couple of weeks... I will be graduating from college, and finally officially entering that deep, murky sea trench known as the adult world. And although I truthfully haven't been into SpongeBob for quite a number of years now, I will always cherish the memories that Stephen Hillenburg and his wonderful show gave me, as well as all the memories I built up here on this forum.
yeah...it's really sad to see him to go.

i'm glad everyone was paying respect for him.

SpOnGeFaN818

Wumbologist
It's definitely weird to be back here on the day of Stephen's death. But like SM20X6 said, I'm also very touched to see just how many of us came back today.

Anyways, I can't remember the last time I posted in this thread, but I'm 25 now, graduated college two and a half years ago from film school, and am mostly just trying to gain enough filmmaking experience for my resume, and to save enough money to move out of Arizona (not a very big filmmaking community), hopefully to Albuquerque or Austin, or California or New York as a last resort. In the meantime, I'm working at a used record store, which is pretty nice considering I get to listen to great music all day.

On the whole, I'm definitely happy to see this place still alive and well with a new generation! Very touched to see you guys keeping SBM thriving! :)

Back