Squidiam or Squlliard (Squilliam + Squidward)

Squilly

Floating Shopping List
CherrySponge said:
Oh. Perfect. This is not a common occurrence in real life, so I can fully understand how they both feel about it.
Wow, is it strange that I am paying a lot of attention to their outfits of choice? Squidward looks lovely like that - completely different from normal, of course, and Squilliam is as fabulous as you would expect him to be.
im glad you liked this! And yes, they do look great in tuxedos!

mythix super saiyan 4 said:
i still think maybe in back to the past maybe they caused squilliam to never be born (is what i would say if this show had continuity)
oooo i had this idea too actually. but sadly, the idea of the spongebob crew just forgetting about a side character sounds more convincing in this case. rip

Growlie

Best Boy
im glad you liked this! And yes, they do look great in tuxedos!

oooo i had this idea too actually. but sadly, the idea of the spongebob crew just forgetting about a side character sounds more convincing in this case. rip
They should be reminded.

CherrySponge

There can only be one 'Jellyfishing King!'
Fighting against 'The Pods' with my good friends '
mythix super saiyan 4 said:
i still think maybe in back to the past maybe they caused squilliam to never be born (is what i would say if this show had continuity)
Interesting theory, but what makes you think that? Could it be that he was turned so mindless by the collar he was wearing, that he didn't have a proper life any more?

mythix super saiyan 4

the only good parts of sbm are the skins and tradi
CherrySponge said:
Interesting theory, but what makes you think that? Could it be that he was turned so mindless by the collar he was wearing, that he didn't have a proper life any more?
i don't know i was just randomly guessing that because it could happen with time travel

CherrySponge

I've put together a series of questions relating to this topic that some of you might want to answer, if you want.
1.) Who do you think is more sensitive: Squidward, or Squilliam?
2.) Who do you think is more eager to impress the other?
3.) Which piece of art that you've drawn of the two are you the most proud of? (If you've drawn any at all.)
4.) Have you found yourself wanting them to be a pairing? Or just wanting them to have a proper friendship? And why, exactly? (This is a strange one, I know.)
5.) Which character do you think is younger?
6.) Have you ever dreamed about Squidward and Squilliam?
7.) Have you ever written a story about them?
8.) Should Squidward mention Squilliam in a future episode? And should Squilliam come back?

I answered them myself, which could give you some interesting information! Ha, ha!
1.) For now, because we've seen him in more situations where he got scared or secretive, I would pick Squidward.
2.) Squidward. Whenever he sees the fancy boy, something in him always sparks the need to impress.

3.) I haven't really drawn anything with the two, except some small pictures of their heads only. I never got further than that. Maybe I will at some point, though.
4.) I would say both. Once again, the pairing is an extremely silly thought (this is a show that's viewed by probably millions of children, still), but sometimes people just can't help themselves. And neither can I. xD What first made me realize that they looked quite cute was seeing canon pictures of Squidward getting panicky about Squilliam being around him. And it escalated quickly from there. :hehe: And I suppose it is about time for the cephalopods to get along, so I'm all for the friendship. At least this would be allowed on television, and that's good enough for me.
5.) Squilliam. Something about his hip, fashionable clothes and his active life as a popular millionaire suggests this. Squidward wouldn't be much older to me, but because he prefers to have 'quiet time' and dress more simply the majority of the time, there would be a bit of an age difference.
6.) I can't remember having dreamed about them. But I'd really like to!
7.) I like drawing more, so no, I haven't. A while ago, in this topic, I did start on a story, but I never finished it. I think I got embarrassed about it, that's probably why.
8.) I'd love for Squidward to mention him! My favourite kind of line for him to say would be for when he was at a fancy party, and he'd say out loud: 'I wonder what Squilliam would think of this - d'oh!' And he'd cover his mouth in a hurry. SpongeBob, having heard, would probably follow up with 'Do you actually care about Squilliam after all, then?' :sbface: And if Squilliam came back, he'd probably hug Squidward, before poor Squidward would hurriedly say: 'Stop touching me!' I love the ideas you can come up with. There is so much potential still there.

Growlie

Best Boy
I'd love for Squidward to mention him! My favourite kind of line for him to say would be for when he was at a fancy party, and he'd say out loud: 'I wonder what Squilliam would think of this - d'oh!' And he'd cover his mouth in a hurry. SpongeBob, having heard, would probably follow up with 'Do you actually care about Squilliam after all, then?' [/b] :sbface: And if Squilliam came back, he'd probably hug Squidward, before poor Squidward would hurriedly say: 'Stop touching me!' I love the ideas you can come up with. There is so much potential still there.

And in my scenario up there, with Squidward being turned into a mindless robot, Squilliam would attempt to hug Squidward but Squidward would still be trying to destroy him.

Squilly

Floating Shopping List
I've put together a series of questions relating to this topic that some of you might want to answer, if you want.
1.) Who do you think is more sensitive: Squidward, or Squilliam?
2.) Who do you think is more eager to impress the other?
3.) Which piece of art that you've drawn of the two are you the most proud of? (If you've drawn any at all.)
4.) Have you found yourself wanting them to be a pairing? Or just wanting them to have a proper friendship? And why, exactly? (This is a strange one, I know.)
5.) Which character do you think is younger?
6.) Have you ever dreamed about Squidward and Squilliam?
7.) Have you ever written a story about them?
8.) Should Squidward mention Squilliam in a future episode? And should Squilliam come back?

I answered them myself, which could give you some interesting information! Ha, ha!
1.) For now, because we've seen him in more situations where he got scared or secretive, I would pick Squidward.
2.) Squidward. Whenever he sees the fancy boy, something in him always sparks the need to impress.

3.) I haven't really drawn anything with the two, except some small pictures of their heads only. I never got further than that. Maybe I will at some point, though.
4.) I would say both. Once again, the pairing is an extremely silly thought (this is a show that's viewed by probably millions of children, still), but sometimes people just can't help themselves. And neither can I. xD What first made me realize that they looked quite cute was seeing canon pictures of Squidward getting panicky about Squilliam being around him. And it escalated quickly from there. :hehe: And I suppose it is about time for the cephalopods to get along, so I'm all for the friendship. At least this would be allowed on television, and that's good enough for me.
5.) Squilliam. Something about his hip, fashionable clothes and his active life as a popular millionaire suggests this. Squidward wouldn't be much older to me, but because he prefers to have 'quiet time' and dress more simply the majority of the time, there would be a bit of an age difference.
6.) I can't remember having dreamed about them. But I'd really like to!
7.) I like drawing more, so no, I haven't. A while ago, in this topic, I did start on a story, but I never finished it. I think I got embarrassed about it, that's probably why.
8.) I'd love for Squidward to mention him! My favourite kind of line for him to say would be for when he was at a fancy party, and he'd say out loud: 'I wonder what Squilliam would think of this - d'oh!' And he'd cover his mouth in a hurry. SpongeBob, having heard, would probably follow up with 'Do you actually care about Squilliam after all, then?' :sbface: And if Squilliam came back, he'd probably hug Squidward, before poor Squidward would hurriedly say: 'Stop touching me!' I love the ideas you can come up with. There is so much potential still there.

Omlll cherry- yes. Just yes.
I totally like all those ideas you wrote there, especially your answer to number 8 - made my little heart of a shipper melt.
Okok but I actually want to answers those too, so, without further ado..

1. I don't know why exactly, but I think Squilliam is. To me, he seems like that kinda guy who will overreact to every little thing and cry from trashy movies. Squidward for me is more like a "not caring at all" guy.

2. I agree with you on that one, totally Squid.

3. That little sketch below. I actually didn't put my thought into it, but then I showed it to someone and they said "it looks like they were trying to kiss but their noses got in the way" and I was like "oml y E S"

4. Ok so of course the idea of them being a couple is ridiculous - SpongeBob is not that kind of show, but i totally ship it. I just... Like shipping weird couples from kids shows (and shows in general)?? Idk

5. At first I thought that they were the same age, because I thought they were classmates. But if they only went to band class together, then there could be some age difference. Squilliam's probably younger, it just sounds... r i g h t

6. Ok this is embarrassing. Yes. One of the dreams was about them getting married, the other one had some hints on them being a couple, as well. This only shows how deep I am in this Squidiam hole. help

7. odifftyodyof a couple of cringe-worthy, terrible fanfics I wrote like, two or three years ago.

8.yes yes and yes. y E s

Attachments

• 459271b9-b219-4029-8d53-93147d9d51b6.png
    459271b9-b219-4029-8d53-93147d9d51b6.png
    246.9 KB · Views: 5

CherrySponge

Omlll cherry- yes. Just yes.
I totally like all those ideas you wrote there, especially your answer to number 8 - made my little heart of a shipper melt.
Okok but I actually want to answers those too, so, without further ado..
1. I don't know why exactly, but I think Squilliam is. To me, he seems like that kinda guy who will overreact to every little thing and cry from trashy movies. Squidward for me is more like a "not caring at all" guy.
2. I agree with you on that one, totally Squid.
3. That little sketch below. I actually didn't put my thought into it, but then I showed it to someone and they said "it looks like they were trying to kiss but their noses got in the way" and I was like "oml y E S"
4. Ok so of course the idea of them being a couple is ridiculous - SpongeBob is not that kind of show, but i totally ship it. I just... Like shipping weird couples from kids shows (and shows in general)?? Idk
5. At first I thought that they were the same age, because I thought they were classmates. But if they only went to band class together, then there could be some age difference. Squilliam's probably younger, it just sounds... r i g h t
6. Ok this is embarrassing. Yes. One of the dreams was about them getting married, the other one had some hints on them being a couple, as well. This only shows how deep I am in this Squidiam hole. help
7. odifftyodyof a couple of cringe-worthy, terrible fanfics I wrote like, two or three years ago.
8.yes yes and yes. y E s
I know, I wish number 8 would come true. I'm just as hopeful for them to slip Squilliam in - and not just for fan-service. Even though I settled on Squidward for Q1, Squill does seem like a baby at heart. He's probably not very macho, despite his arrogance. That sketch is cool. Too bad their noses ruin the chance of them kissing. (What did I just say?) XD 4 is an interesting one - I don't ever put random characters together of the same gender. I don't like it. But, with Squid and Squill, suddenly I SOMEHOW like it. Number 6...Come on, it's all in the unibrow. He has more hair! Ha!

Growlie said:
Squidward and Squilliam in the middle of awkward.
Yep. Sorry I haven't said much to you. Hey...What's your favourite 'Scooby-Doo' programme? Just interested.

Growlie

Best Boy
I know, I wish number 8 would come true. I'm just as hopeful for them to slip Squilliam in - and not just for fan-service. Even though I settled on Squidward for Q1, Squill does seem like a baby at heart. He's probably not very macho, despite his arrogance. That sketch is cool. Too bad their noses ruin the chance of them kissing. (What did I just say?) XD 4 is an interesting one - I don't ever put random characters together of the same gender. I don't like it. But, with Squid and Squill, suddenly I SOMEHOW like it. Number 6...Come on, it's all in the unibrow. He has more hair! Ha!
Yep. Sorry I haven't said much to you. Hey...What's your favourite 'Scooby-Doo' programme? Just interested.

That's fine. I'll come up with scenarios between Squid and Squill for us to theorize.

Umm, well for the movies I like Alien Invaders, Stage Fright along with Frankencreepy and Where's my Mummy.

For the series, What's New Scooby-Doo is still my favorite, I have all the seasons on dvd.

CherrySponge

That's fine. I'll come up with scenarios between Squid and Squill for us to theorize.
Umm, well for the movies I like Alien Invaders, Stage Fright along with Frankencreepy and Where's my Mummy.
For the series, What's New Scooby-Doo is still my favorite, I have all the seasons on dvd.
I agree, I'm not a Scooby-Doo fan, but I think 'What's New, Scooby-Doo?' has the best animation and theme song. Along with the very first cartoon, which was well before my time. XD
There was a movie set in Hawaii, or something, on one of the channels about a month ago, which I saw a bit of, but then I realised I wasn't into all that monster stuff.

Growlie

Best Boy
I agree, I'm not a Scooby-Doo fan, but I think 'What's New, Scooby-Doo?' has the best animation and theme song. Along with the very first cartoon, which was well before my time. XD
There was a movie set in Hawaii, or something, on one of the channels about a month ago, which I saw a bit of, but then I realised I wasn't into all that monster stuff.
Well we can talk Squidward and Squilliam stuffz.

CherrySponge

Squidward and Squilliam were on their way to the annual 'Bikini Bottom Art Contest'. They had both brought their newest creations to show. Naturally, as they would, they were discussing who would be more likely to get the first-prize ribbon.
"That would be me, of course," said Squilliam, talking in his stereotypically nasal way. That was exactly what Squidward expected from the upper-class citizens of the town. Squilliam was too overly pompous for Squidward's liking, but he did like being around him to some extent, maybe because he was a lot of fun? Plus, you never knew when he might unexpectedly say something nice to you, or anyone else.
"Oh, please. For another one of your 'gilded unibrows'?" mocked Squidward, rolling his eyes. "You've been doing those for years, and it's a way of playing it safe, because you think you're in with an even chance every year if you go for that."
"But it's true that such a beautiful ribbon would look much nicer on a grand silk robe like mine, and not on some boring citizen's sad little brown shirt! Huh?"
"With very neat collars," Squidward added. "It might not be that fashionable, but it is very comfortable."
"Whatever. Why are we having this conversation? Let's just remember each other's entries, and they'll be some of our fondest memories of this competition for years to come. Though I don't think your reproduction of 'Bold And Brash' is any better than what you've previously produced."
"Painting is my passion, as a matter of fact!" snapped Squidward. "And why are we using so much alliteration?"
"Gosh, Squiddy, you can use alliteration, too?! You've certainly proved me wrong with your cleverness." Squilliam couldn't help raising his big unibrow so it almost grinned, matching his self-indulgent expression.
"And that's my cue to tell you to shut up." Squidward took a silent breath, and dared himself to smile in the same way, so that Squilliam got the message. He was going to get what was coming for him, hopefully - the shock horror that he had lost the competition.

This is something new that I started writing. It takes place at an art competition in Bikini Bottom that both Squidward and Squilliam go to, to see who wins (just because!). This will be posted in parts.

Squilly

Floating Shopping List
Squidward and Squilliam were on their way to the annual 'Bikini Bottom Art Contest'. They had both brought their newest creations to show. Naturally, as they would, they were discussing who would be more likely to get the first-prize ribbon.
"That would be me, of course," said Squilliam, talking in his stereotypically nasal way. That was exactly what Squidward expected from the upper-class citizens of the town. Squilliam was too overly pompous for Squidward's liking, but he did like being around him to some extent, maybe because he was a lot of fun? Plus, you never knew when he might unexpectedly say something nice to you, or anyone else.
"Oh, please. For another one of your 'gilded unibrows'?" mocked Squidward, rolling his eyes. "You've been doing those for years, and it's a way of playing it safe, because you think you're in with an even chance every year if you go for that."
"But it's true that such a beautiful ribbon would look much nicer on a grand silk robe like mine, and not on some boring citizen's sad little brown shirt! Huh?"
"With very neat collars," Squidward added. "It might not be that fashionable, but it is very comfortable."
"Whatever. Why are we having this conversation? Let's just remember each other's entries, and they'll be some of our fondest memories of this competition for years to come. Though I don't think your reproduction of 'Bold And Brash' is any better than what you've previously produced."
"Painting is my passion, as a matter of fact!" snapped Squidward. "And why are we using so much alliteration?"
"Gosh, Squiddy, you can use alliteration, too?! You've certainly proved me wrong with your cleverness." Squilliam couldn't help raising his big unibrow so it almost grinned, matching his self-indulgent expression.
"And that's my cue to tell you to shut up." Squidward took a silent breath, and dared himself to smile in the same way, so that Squilliam got the message. He was going to get what was coming for him, hopefully - the shock horror that he had lost the competition.

This is something new that I started writing. It takes place at an art competition in Bikini Bottom that both Squidward and Squilliam go to, to see who wins (just because!). This will be posted in parts.

aaa this is great, good job! Can't wait for the second part!

CherrySponge

Part 2, in which Squidward...has some rather excellent manipulation skills? I wasn't expecting that!

The first thing the two cephalopods always did was look around - inquistively - to see if there were any entries that were likely to be in with a chance of largely out-voting theirs'. Squidward had to think "Wow, this really does feel like a competition!", as, every year, the creative directions were always so different. They passed many different kinds of impressions of what you could do with specific art mediums. One was a beautiful topiary structure bearing some fruit, but after having a quick study of it, Squidward thought it wouldn't be special enough to win. It seemed like Squilliam could read his mind, as usual, because he commented: "Look, Squiddy! A beautifully-cut bush! But I thought topiary was YOUR speciality, not this person's."
"It's okay," Squidward said quickly, managing to not speak between gritted teeth. "Why would that win? I could do so much better at home, even under a specific time limit. Plus, why grow fruit on it? It's clearly a ploy to make the witnesses think it's some sort of 'special feature'. And everyone likes fruit, so that's definitely what I'd call taking the 'easy path'." Then, to Squilliam's dismay, Squidward strode in front, confidently, even smiling, when Squilliam had clearly been expecting a worried expression from his rival. He couldn't help but pout. "Okay, I look stupid," he finally said to himself. "He's just confident. But he won't be soon. Heh-heh."
The next few entries they walked by had been categorised and were all mosaic sculptures of various objects, all being kept in one place. Now it was Squilliam's turn to keep his 'game face' on, without looking too concerned. He was a mosaics buff. To hide any suspicions from Squidward, he casually commented: "Oh, look. Mosaic art. That reminds me a little of my own tiled flooring." But Squidward was still coming up with clever things to say that had him speechless for his next line.
"That you created yourself? Obviously not. You'll have to practice, Squill. Practice makes perfect, of course. Maybe you should do it next year." He slapped his shoulder. "We need to get to the voting booth now, all right? There's no point admiring them right now, we've got somewhere to be." He continued that annoying strut. Squilliam was interested in the reason why Squidward had called him 'Squill'. It almost suggested manipulation. And, maybe because he also...no, no, NO. The other reason was ridiculous. But one thing was for sure: Squidward was smooth. Squilliam could never actually share that with him.

Squilly

Floating Shopping List
Part 2, in which Squidward...has some rather excellent manipulation skills? I wasn't expecting that!

The first thing the two cephalopods always did was look around - inquistively - to see if there were any entries that were likely to be in with a chance of largely out-voting theirs'. Squidward had to think "Wow, this really does feel like a competition!", as, every year, the creative directions were always so different. They passed many different kinds of impressions of what you could do with specific art mediums. One was a beautiful topiary structure bearing some fruit, but after having a quick study of it, Squidward thought it wouldn't be special enough to win. It seemed like Squilliam could read his mind, as usual, because he commented: "Look, Squiddy! A beautifully-cut bush! But I thought topiary was YOUR speciality, not this person's."
"It's okay," Squidward said quickly, managing to not speak between gritted teeth. "Why would that win? I could do so much better at home, even under a specific time limit. Plus, why grow fruit on it? It's clearly a ploy to make the witnesses think it's some sort of 'special feature'. And everyone likes fruit, so that's definitely what I'd call taking the 'easy path'." Then, to Squilliam's dismay, Squidward strode in front, confidently, even smiling, when Squilliam had clearly been expecting a worried expression from his rival. He couldn't help but pout. "Okay, I look stupid," he finally said to himself. "He's just confident. But he won't be soon. Heh-heh."
The next few entries they walked by had been categorised and were all mosaic sculptures of various objects, all being kept in one place. Now it was Squilliam's turn to keep his 'game face' on, without looking too concerned. He was a mosaics buff. To hide any suspicions from Squidward, he casually commented: "Oh, look. Mosaic art. That reminds me a little of my own tiled flooring." But Squidward was still coming up with clever things to say that had him speechless for his next line.
"That you created yourself? Obviously not. You'll have to practice, Squill. Practice makes perfect, of course. Maybe you should do it next year." He slapped his shoulder. "We need to get to the voting booth now, all right? There's no point admiring them right now, we've got somewhere to be." He continued that annoying strut. Squilliam was interested in the reason why Squidward had called him 'Squill'. It almost suggested manipulation. And, maybe because he also...no, no, NO. The other reason was ridiculous. But one thing was for sure: Squidward was smooth. Squilliam could never actually share that with him.

oml it's getting more and more interesting! Keep it up!

Growlie said:
I made a Squidward and Squilliam related topic in SpongeBob if you're interested.
I think I've seen it. Not quiet sure tho..

CherrySponge

Part 3, which is just a conversation, but more will happen after this.

As he followed his rival, he was so caught up in his thoughts, including whether he should ever tell Squidward that he actually admired him, when he hit a hard canvas that somebody had propped up. Thankfully, they weren't there to see it happen, otherwise they might have bitten Squilliam's head off. Squidward turned around, the crash startling him. "Uh, what was that? You're not wrecking somebody's entry, are you?"
"No, of course not," Squilliam scowled, but he allowed his face to soften. "I was just being clumsy. I was thinking about..." He faltered, remembering how important it was not to blurt. "...What you make of the audience today. Yes, exactly that."
Squidward raised an eyebrow, but said simply: "They're just people. I don't happen to know any of them. But I'm sure YOU do." He suddenly looked very bored. Squilliam, for once, couldn't blame him. He was quite the popular fellow.
"Actually, no, I don't," he said helpfully, even if it wasn't true. He didn't want to make Squidward feel un-cool. "They wouldn't have a clue who I am. And, anyway, who cares, Squidward? We have each other!"

"What?! We're not friends! Well, if you exclude the times I ever helped you out, we certainly aren't!" Instantly shocked, Squidward looked back to his rival in confusion, his eyes now very wide with the 'What the heck are you banging on about?' look. "Unless we make a compromise after one of us wins this competition, and from then on, we treat each other with respect. Though I don't think even THAT is what you're getting at. You have your head in the clouds."
"Okay, okay! I'm just being nice! It's just a thought. Maybe I wouldn't consider my friends 'friends', anyway. Only 'followers'. Though it's up to you, Squid. Your only friend can be SpongeBob SquarePants, your ever-annoying colleague, or you could be friends with somebody rich, who treats you to dinner every week." Squilliam could tell that Squidward was trying not to give in.
"All I care about is if that canvas you knocked over is salvageable! Now, come on, already."

Back