Patrick Star's Finances

SonofMnemosyne

Floating Shopping List
I know Patrick doesn't need to use a lot of money and generally doesn't have money, but I have a theory that since he is descended from royalty, he has riches or his parents do. This could also apply to SpongeBob since he makes below the minimum wage. Gary has all the money and it's the reason he pays the bills too.

Gary is pretty humble for a snail to descend from royalty! :hehe: But, really: great theory, it seems most reasonable that Gary pays the bills, I don't know how Bikini Bottom allows it, but their police attacks parking meters, so... I' d kind of expect them to allow that!

SonofMnemosyne

Floating Shopping List
Gary is pretty humble for a snail to descend from royalty! :hehe: But, really: great theory, it seems most reasonable that Gary pays the bills, I don't know how Bikini Bottom allows it, but their police attacks parking meters, so... I' d kind of expect them to allow that!

The police force is a mess! I'm guessing maybe Patrick's parents still have the money for him because they're still alive while Gary has his money because Sluggo is dead.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
Gary is apparently a genius so maybe he invested it in good stock, or in the Krusty Krab since it is a booming business, to the delight of Krabs. Thus makes him very rich, and SpongeBob has been proven to not know how to manage money in an episode like Porus Pockets.

SonofMnemosyne

Floating Shopping List
Gary is apparently a genius so maybe he invested it in good stock, or in the Krusty Krab since it is a booming business, to the delight of Krabs. Thus makes him very rich, and SpongeBob has been proven to not know how to manage money in an episode like Porus Pockets.

Sounds like Gary.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
In regards to SpongeBob's situation, the Krusty Krab could just be a front for some kind of more...illegal business... (/s)

Cha

I love SBM
i swear to god i read this as patrick star's fiances at first

Pole_Star.png

SonofMnemosyne

Floating Shopping List
i swear to god i read this as patrick star's fiances at first

Pole_Star.png

That's hilarious!

MY CHOCOLATE LEG! said:
In regards to SpongeBob's situation, the Krusty Krab could just be a front for some kind of more...illegal business... (/s)
I've always wondered why the Bikini Bottomites are so addicted to Krabby Patties: Just One Bite.

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
I always felt like Patrick, having really nothing to do, though somehow conveniently having a bunch of money probably just got it from somewhere. The royalty aspect of this theory is really the only probably explanation for Patrick's lack of skill and decent income. He very likely inherited money, which explains why he simply does whatever he wants without consequences. In some ways, this could very well explain certain characteristics, like why he acts like such a pompous jerk sometimes to everyone, which could be a result of his spoiled upbringing. On the surface it seems like just a basic theory that easily explains one of the plotholes of the series, but looking deeper into it, you can really find it intertwined with Patrick's personality.

SonofMnemosyne

Floating Shopping List
I always felt like Patrick, having really nothing to do, though somehow conveniently having a bunch of money probably just got it from somewhere. The royalty aspect of this theory is really the only probably explanation for Patrick's lack of skill and decent income. He very likely inherited money, which explains why he simply does whatever he wants without consequences. In some ways, this could very well explain certain characteristics, like why he acts like such a pompous jerk sometimes to everyone, which could be a result of his spoiled upbringing. On the surface it seems like just a basic theory that easily explains one of the plotholes of the series, but looking deeper into it, you can really find it intertwined with Patrick's personality.

True! You made this theory even better. Any thoughts on Gary though? As a snail, he obviously is the smartest of them. Maybe he got special training?

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
SonofMnemosyne said:
True! You made this theory even better. Any thoughts on Gary though? As a snail, he obviously is the smartest of them. Maybe he got special training?
It's so against Gary to donate money to Patrick. Gary keeps to himself, I doubt he would ever play a role in Patrick's finances. I think his parents just send him checks of money since they know he can't do anything really with his life (Best demonstrated through Patrick's statement that he's a disappointment to them in I'm With Stupid).

SonofMnemosyne

Floating Shopping List
It's so against Gary to donate money to Patrick. Gary keeps to himself, I doubt he would ever play a role in Patrick's finances. I think his parents just send him checks of money since they know he can't do anything really with his life (Best demonstrated through Patrick's statement that he's a disappointment to them in I'm With Stupid).

That's not what I meant. I believe Patrick's parents send him the money. I wanted to know how you think Gary ties into everything since he's royalty too. He has money and pays SpongeBob's bills.

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
SonofMnemosyne said:
That's not what I meant. I believe Patrick's parents send him the money. I wanted to know how you think Gary ties into everything since he's royalty too. He has money and pays SpongeBob's bills.
Ah, okay. I agree with that theory.

Back