231b. Ink Lemonade

spongebranch

Banished
RDSP said:
spongebranch actually used to like this episode because of there being HD background fish, not joking
I was joking. No stupid HD background fish are gonna make me defend such a weak as hell episode.

RDSP

Banished
spongebranch said:
I was joking. No stupid HD background fish are gonna make me defend such a weak as hell episode.
Oh. Sorry, I misinterpreted what you said that one time.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
TheGreatServer said:
Why does this have almost 10 pages?

I still think this episode is meh.
Because this episode is godawful. I see nothing to defend about it tbh.

hippythehippo

Banished
It's the worst of post sequel? Debatable, but I can see the argument.

Worst of the series? Not even in the slightest. At least the episode was amusing, and kept my interest. People are pulling Lumoshi levels of hyperbole, without giving any good reasons to why this is the worst. If this was in Season 6, it would be disliked, but not this magnitude. No one has proven how this is worse than Boating Buddies, Choir Boys, Are You Happy Now, etc imo, and I'm only talking about Squid torture eps here. How is it worse than the incredibly long and incredible bores of Truth or Square, Atlantis, Clash of Triton, SBYF, or Whatever Happened to Spongebob? Just cause this is the worst of post sequel doesn't mean that it's suddenly the worst of the series. People pulled this same excuse for Sportz.

Squidward wasn't even harmed in the episode. Was he not treated well? Sure, but he was abused in Choir Boys, Boating Buddies, and countless others, and was flat out depressed and suicidal in Are You Happy Now. How is Squidward's treatment here worse? He came out unhurt, and even tried to steal the business. Is it a lame side plot? Yeah, but he came out unharmed, which is a big selling point. (BTW, this is only Squid torture. There are many other episodes that are worse than this that I can list, such as Fungus Among Us, or SBYF)

Than there is the argument that this is as bad as One Course Meal. IDK how an episode where a character I know and love is suicidal, flat out mentally abused and given up on life, compared to an episode where the worst thing that happens to him is he is scared. Both are example of mental abuse, but Squidward picks himself up at the end, and the episode doesn't dwell on it.

Than, there is lack of things to like, but Boating Buddies farts in this face at how atrocious it is. Give me a positive quality of that episode (and if you can, it probably applies to this ep too). I know none of you will do it, but I challenge you to go back and watch Boating Buddies or Choir Boys, or Atlantis, or another number of awful episodes, and come back with a straight face and say this is worse. IDK how most of you can say this, considering you probably only watched this episode once too.

I hate this episode too, but there is more to like here than the eps I listed above, and a bunch I haven't listed. It shocks me to the degree this episode is hated, as if half of 6-8 just disappeared. And you know what? Next Season, there will be another awful episode that people will blow out of proportion just to have that opinion, since history has repeated once, so no reason it won't repeat again.

I also find it hilarious that no one even mentioned back in 2016 how Salsa Imbecilicus was nothing but dumb jokes and rushed plot. Even Whirlybrains was liked back than.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
@hippythehippo

"Worst of the series? Not even in the slightest. At least the episode was amusing, and kept my interest. People are pulling Lumoshi levels of hyperbole, without giving any good reasons to why this is the worst. "

Not THE worst, but ONE OF the worst personally. Here's a good list of why this is one of the worst:

Squidward is completetly abused here, Patrick literally tortures Squidward and locks him away from society so he can be used almost as a machine to give Patrick his ink. Squidward is clearly traumatized by the experience, being afraid even to show himself in his own house. None of the things he is brought through is funny at all, instead they are horrible, unfunny, and almost even disturbing (though I don't really get outright disturbed by a show like this). Nor is the mental pain Squidward goes through cartoony and funny or anything, it's realistic and unfunny and it's horrible to see him go through this. And then the episode randomly shoves in moments it didn't even need to put in the episode, like the ending and the bikini bottomites throwing up in Squidward's house.

Squidward doesn't even do anything to deserve going through all this. Squidward tells Patrick he's an idiot and that his lemonade stand won't be good at all because he doesn't even have lemonade (iirc). He has a point here, and doesn't act horribly at this moment. And yet he is brought through all this torture.

Patrick is horribly out of character here, he is literally a sadist who is abusing Squidward for his ink. This is easily his worst appearance yet, he goes beyond being a jerk. He is a complete sadist here. It's unfunny, horrible, mean-spirited, and extremely out of character; Patrick's characterization is completely destroyed here. And where's the mitivation? What motivation does Patrick have for doing this? He doesn't seem to be mad at Squidward, and iirc he is selling the lemonade for free, so why would he want to do this?

And yet, Patrick gets no comeuppance. Literally none. Patrick completetly tortures Squidward both physically and mentally, which if this show had continuity, would completely mess Squidward up entirely, and I doubt he'd really recover. And he also feeds literal pee/blood to the whole town too, and would of been willing to sell literal garbage and cookies with spider eggs in them too. You'd think that's enough for major comeuppance, but nope, Patrick has nothing happen to him. NOTHING.

This episode is also very gross. Luckily the animation at least doesn't try to make it even more gross than it already is, such as The Splinter and Pet or Pests, but the episode is still very gross. The episode's concept is literally about Squidward's pee or blood being abused out of him so Patrick can use it for his lemonade stand for everyone in bikini bottom to drink. It's extremely disgusting to see this all goes down, and when you know what the black lemonade is, seeing the customer's reactions is very strange and, again, almost disturbing. And then there's also the bandage gag, which is also really disgusting, and the ending, which.....

The ending itself deserves its own paragraph here. The ending is absolutetly horrible. After Squidward is already brought through enough suffering, he is nicely given good-tasting cookies to eat...... except THE COOKEIS JUST HAD TO BE FILLED WITH SPIDER EGGS! Seriously, what was the point of adding that in??? It's just a horribly gross and unfunny moment, which is also completely unneccisary and could have easily not have been in the episode. The idea of Squidward peeing out of his nose while spiders are all inside his body and jumping out of his mouth is terrible and gross, and almost horrifying. It's terrible.

This episode is also extremely obnoxious. One of the few gags here is Patrick and Spongebob loudly screaming into Microphones for literally no reason, and they do this throughout the whole episode. The episode is either showing you mean-spirited horrifying undeserved unfunny torture, or trying to be loud and annoying. It's defitenly not fun to watch.

When the episode isn't showing you mean-spirited horrifying unfunny torture, this episode is boring and bland. I already mentioned how this episode is obnoxious, but that's the only thing to the non-torture parts of this episode. No other gags, just obnoxious gags, overely exaggerated faces (I don't usually mind these, but this is some of the worst they have ever been, and they are doing this while doing obnoxious stuff too), and customers drinking pee/blood. Along with the other flaws, this episode is just boring. The plot is almost entirely Squidward being tortured so Patrick has his ingredient for his lemonade, while customers drink it. This is how almost the entire episode is; the only time this changes is when Squidward takes over the stand, and that scene is no less boring and bland than the rest.

And to top it off, this episode had almost no strengths. The ONLY thing to defend here is that it has good animation; and that's it. Everything else here is horrible, and this is the second episode to not have a single remotely good joke. So yeah, not mich to defend this episode.

With all of these major flaws, it's safe to say that there is good reason why this episode is horrible.

"If this was in Season 6, it would be disliked, but not this magnitude. No one has proven how this is worse than Boating Buddies, Choir Boys, Are You Happy Now, etc imo, and I'm only talking about Squid torture eps here. How is it worse than the incredibly long and incredible bores of Truth or Square, Atlantis, Clash of Triton, SBYF, or Whatever Happened to Spongebob? Just cause this is the worst of post sequel doesn't mean that it's suddenly the worst of the series. People pulled this same excuse for Sportz."

Yeah it would. People would defintely hate it this much. It is worse than those three episodes, because the abuse here is even worse, and the episode combines that with other horrible traits, such as one of, if not THE worst, example of bad characterization to ever be in the show, being very gross, and being very obnoxious, alongside multiple other major flaws. All of this makes it much worse than those three squid absue episodes. As for the specials, I honestly really love Atlantis and Truth or Square.... but as for the other three, this episode is much worse, because while those episodes are boring, the other horrible traits in this episode are much worse. Also literally only two people said Sportz is one of the worst of the series.

"Squidward wasn't even harmed in the episode. Was he not treated well? Sure, but he was abused in Choir Boys, Boating Buddies, and countless others, and was flat out depressed and suicidal in Are You Happy Now. How is Squidward's treatment here worse? He came out unhurt, and even tried to steal the business. Is it a lame side plot? Yeah, but he came out unharmed, which is a big selling point. (BTW, this is only Squid torture. There are many other episodes that are worse than this that I can list, such as Fungus Among Us, or SBYF)"

Squidward was completetly harmed lol. Going thorugh all the crap that Squidward did in this episode, being horrified as much as possible for your ink, is completely harmful to him, at least mentally. This probably harmed him physically too since he was forced to ink so much, but this isn't actually confirmed in the episode so whatever.

"Than there is the argument that this is as bad as One Course Meal. IDK how an episode where a character I know and love is suicidal, flat out mentally abused and given up on life, compared to an episode where the worst thing that happens to him is he is scared. Both are example of mental abuse, but Squidward picks himself up at the end, and the episode doesn't dwell on it."

This is a comparsion that I have been considering myself; but recently I've been starting to think this episode might actually be worse than One Coarse Meal. While the torture is worse in One Coarse Meal, since that lasted over 2 weeks and Plankton actually attemped suicide in it, the actual abuse being done here is equally bad. I'm only referring to the actual torture being used though, not the actual result, since he result is worse due to what I said above. Regardless, the abuse is still horrible here, and still an atrocity. Plus One Coarse Meal has a few less flaws and a few minutes of goodness in the beginning.

"Than, there is lack of things to like, but Boating Buddies farts in this face at how atrocious it is. Give me a positive quality of that episode (and if you can, it probably applies to this ep too). I know none of you will do it, but I challenge you to go back and watch Boating Buddies or Choir Boys, or Atlantis, or another number of awful episodes, and come back with a straight face and say this is worse. IDK how most of you can say this, considering you probably only watched this episode once too."

Well, what you just described is exactly what this episode is. Lack of things to like and complete atrociousness. Boating Buddies at least had one or two good jokes, that's more than this episode, and most of it isn't anywhere near as atrocious as this episode. And Choir Boys is mostly just blandness, boredem, and bad animation, with some squid abuse and almost nothing to defend. It doesn't have as big of true atrocities as many episodes do, it's terrible because it has a lot of very bad instead. And Atlantis....... well as I said earlier, I love that episode, so you don't need to tell me to watch it, I'll willingly watch it myself :P

I hate this episode too, but there is more to like here than the eps I listed above, and a bunch I haven't listed. It shocks me to the degree this episode is hated, as if half of 6-8 just disappeared. And you know what? Next Season, there will be another awful episode that people will blow out of proportion just to have that opinion, since history has repeated once, so no reason it won't repeat again.

Such as? There's only one strength to this episode, that being the animation. What else is there to like about this episode?

"I also find it hilarious that no one even mentioned back in 2016 how Salsa Imbecilicus was nothing but dumb jokes and rushed plot. Even Whirlybrains was liked back than."

Salsa Imbecillius has many good strengths to it, such as being kinda funny, having a good story, and good characters. I'f have to rewatch to go into it more, but that episode is 10 times better than this atrocity

Edit: This was an amazing way to start the 10th page

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Wintermelon43 said:
@hippythehippo

"Worst of the series? Not even in the slightest. At least the episode was amusing, and kept my interest. People are pulling Lumoshi levels of hyperbole, without giving any good reasons to why this is the worst. "

Not THE worst, but ONE OF the worst personally. Here's a good list of why this is one of the worst:

Squidward is completetly abused here, Patrick literally tortures Squidward and locks him away from society so he can be used almost as a machine to give Patrick his ink. Squidward is clearly traumatized by the experience, being afraid even to show himself in his own house. None of the things he is brought through is funny at all, instead they are horrible, unfunny, and almost even disturbing (though I don't really get outright disturbed by a show like this). Nor is the mental pain Squidward goes through cartoony and funny or anything, it's realistic and unfunny and it's horrible to see him go through this. And then the episode randomly shoves in moments it didn't even need to put in the episode, like the ending and the bikini bottomites throwing up in Squidward's house.

Squidward doesn't even do anything to deserve going through all this. Squidward tells Patrick he's an idiot and that his lemonade stand won't be good at all because he doesn't even have lemonade (iirc). He has a point here, and doesn't act horribly at this moment. And yet he is brought through all this torture.

Patrick is horribly out of character here, he is literally a sadist who is abusing Squidward for his ink. This is easily his worst appearance yet, he goes beyond being a jerk. He is a complete sadist here. It's unfunny, horrible, mean-spirited, and extremely out of character; Patrick's characterization is completely destroyed here. And where's the mitivation? What motivation does Patrick have for doing this? He doesn't seem to be mad at Squidward, and iirc he is selling the lemonade for free, so why would he want to do this?

And yet, Patrick gets no comeuppance. Literally none. Patrick completetly tortures Squidward both physically and mentally, which if this show had continuity, would completely mess Squidward up entirely, and I doubt he'd really recover. And he also feeds literal pee/blood to the whole town too, and would of been willing to sell literal garbage and cookies with spider eggs in them too. You'd think that's enough for major comeuppance, but nope, Patrick has nothing happen to him. NOTHING.

This episode is also very gross. Luckily the animation at least doesn't try to make it even more gross than it already is, such as The Splinter and Pet or Pests, but the episode is still very gross. The episode's concept is literally about Squidward's pee or blood being abused out of him so Patrick can use it for his lemonade stand for everyone in bikini bottom to drink. It's extremely disgusting to see this all goes down, and when you know what the black lemonade is, seeing the customer's reactions is very strange and, again, almost disturbing. And then there's also the bandage gag, which is also really disgusting, and the ending, which.....

The ending itself deserves its own paragraph here. The ending is absolutetly horrible. After Squidward is already brought through enough suffering, he is nicely given good-tasting cookies to eat...... except THE COOKEIS JUST HAD TO BE FILLED WITH SPIDER EGGS! Seriously, what was the point of adding that in??? It's just a horribly gross and unfunny moment, which is also completely unneccisary and could have easily not have been in the episode. The idea of Squidward peeing out of his nose while spiders are all inside his body and jumping out of his mouth is terrible and gross, and almost horrifying. It's terrible.

This episode is also extremely obnoxious. One of the few gags here is Patrick and Spongebob loudly screaming into Microphones for literally no reason, and they do this throughout the whole episode. The episode is either showing you mean-spirited horrifying undeserved unfunny torture, or trying to be loud and annoying. It's defitenly not fun to watch.

When the episode isn't showing you mean-spirited horrifying unfunny torture, this episode is boring and bland. I already mentioned how this episode is obnoxious, but that's the only thing to the non-torture parts of this episode. No other gags, just obnoxious gags, overely exaggerated faces (I don't usually mind these, but this is some of the worst they have ever been, and they are doing this while doing obnoxious stuff too), and customers drinking pee/blood. Along with the other flaws, this episode is just boring. The plot is almost entirely Squidward being tortured so Patrick has his ingredient for his lemonade, while customers drink it. This is how almost the entire episode is; the only time this changes is when Squidward takes over the stand, and that scene is no less boring and bland than the rest.

And to top it off, this episode had almost no strengths. The ONLY thing to defend here is that it has good animation; and that's it. Everything else here is horrible, and this is the second episode to not have a single remotely good joke. So yeah, not mich to defend this episode.

With all of these major flaws, it's safe to say that there is good reason why this episode is horrible.

"If this was in Season 6, it would be disliked, but not this magnitude. No one has proven how this is worse than Boating Buddies, Choir Boys, Are You Happy Now, etc imo, and I'm only talking about Squid torture eps here. How is it worse than the incredibly long and incredible bores of Truth or Square, Atlantis, Clash of Triton, SBYF, or Whatever Happened to Spongebob? Just cause this is the worst of post sequel doesn't mean that it's suddenly the worst of the series. People pulled this same excuse for Sportz."

Yeah it would. People would defintely hate it this much. It is worse than those three episodes, because the abuse here is even worse, and the episode combines that with other horrible traits, such as one of, if not THE worst, example of bad characterization to ever be in the show, being very gross, and being very obnoxious, alongside multiple other major flaws. All of this makes it much worse than those three squid absue episodes. As for the specials, I honestly really love Atlantis and Truth or Square.... but as for the other three, this episode is much worse, because while those episodes are boring, the other horrible traits in this episode are much worse. Also literally only two people said Sportz is one of the worst of the series.

"Squidward wasn't even harmed in the episode. Was he not treated well? Sure, but he was abused in Choir Boys, Boating Buddies, and countless others, and was flat out depressed and suicidal in Are You Happy Now. How is Squidward's treatment here worse? He came out unhurt, and even tried to steal the business. Is it a lame side plot? Yeah, but he came out unharmed, which is a big selling point. (BTW, this is only Squid torture. There are many other episodes that are worse than this that I can list, such as Fungus Among Us, or SBYF)"

Squidward was completetly harmed lol. Going thorugh all the crap that Squidward did in this episode, being horrified as much as possible for your ink, is completely harmful to him, at least mentally. This probably harmed him physically too since he was forced to ink so much, but this isn't actually confirmed in the episode so whatever.

"Than there is the argument that this is as bad as One Course Meal. IDK how an episode where a character I know and love is suicidal, flat out mentally abused and given up on life, compared to an episode where the worst thing that happens to him is he is scared. Both are example of mental abuse, but Squidward picks himself up at the end, and the episode doesn't dwell on it."

This is a comparsion that I have been considering myself; but recently I've been starting to think this episode might actually be worse than One Coarse Meal. While the torture is worse in One Coarse Meal, since that lasted over 2 weeks and Plankton actually attemped suicide in it, the actual abuse being done here is equally bad. I'm only referring to the actual torture being used though, not the actual result, since he result is worse due to what I said above. Regardless, the abuse is still horrible here, and still an atrocity. Plus One Coarse Meal has a few less flaws and a few minutes of goodness in the beginning.

"Than, there is lack of things to like, but Boating Buddies farts in this face at how atrocious it is. Give me a positive quality of that episode (and if you can, it probably applies to this ep too). I know none of you will do it, but I challenge you to go back and watch Boating Buddies or Choir Boys, or Atlantis, or another number of awful episodes, and come back with a straight face and say this is worse. IDK how most of you can say this, considering you probably only watched this episode once too."

Well, what you just described is exactly what this episode is. Lack of things to like and complete atrociousness. Boating Buddies at least had one or two good jokes, that's more than this episode, and most of it isn't anywhere near as atrocious as this episode. And Choir Boys is mostly just blandness, boredem, and bad animation, with some squid abuse and almost nothing to defend. It doesn't have as big of true atrocities as many episodes do, it's terrible because it has a lot of very bad instead. And Atlantis....... well as I said earlier, I love that episode, so you don't need to tell me to watch it, I'll willingly watch it myself :P

Such as? There's only one strength to this episode, that being the animation. What else is there to like about this episode?

"I also find it hilarious that no one even mentioned back in 2016 how Salsa Imbecilicus was nothing but dumb jokes and rushed plot. Even Whirlybrains was liked back than."

Salsa Imbecillius has many good strengths to it, such as being kinda funny, having a good story, and good characters. I'f have to rewatch to go into it more, but that episode is 10 times better than this atrocity

Edit: This was an amazing way to start the 10th page
Unironically a godly post.

Edit: 10 Pages, we did it in slightly over a month! Woot-woot!

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
Wintermelon43 said:
What else is there to like about this episode?
A nice music selection from Nicolas Carr.
Some (I underline it - SOME) of the voice acting.
The amusing gag with Patrick actually squeezing the red liquid out of the toy fire truck.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
The amusing gag with Patrick actually squeezing the liquid out of the red brick.
....Okay but is there literally any episode without good music selection? Plus that's not really a big factor at all in episode quality.

Also I can't even recall that last gag you mentioned, so thank you for proving my point that this episode is forgettable :sbfunny:

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
While we're on the topic of whether One Coarse Meal or this episode is worse, there is one fatal flaw in this episode that I'm unsure if anyone's pointed out yet: SpongeBob.

Now, back in One Coarse Meal, yes there's the ending where he scared away Plankton, the victim, with a projection of whales, but to this day we still don't know if he betrayed Plankton or just wanted to break up the fight and keep his job. But at least in that episode, he actually called out Mr. Krabs for going too far and acknowledged that he was in the wrong for scaring Plankton just to get a cheap laugh. He even tried to help Plankton at one point.

In this episode? He does absolutely nothing to stop Patrick from intentionally scaring ink out of Squidward. You'd think at SOME point, SpongeBob would have the common sense to take what Patrick was doing to get the black lemonade into account and say "Patrick, I don't think Squidward likes what you're doing. I think we should leave him alone", or something like that. But, nope! He actually agrees on what Patrick is doing and just let's him do it anyway. He's Demolition Doofus-levels of bad here if not worse: both involve a character in an unfortunate and serious condition, and SpongeBob doesn't even care! Even worse when you remember that SpongeBob likes and cares about Squidward despite the fact that he hates him. So, when you take that and all other problems many of us have pointed out and let those sink in, then yeah... I think this episode is worse than One Coarse Meal.

More

VIP
SpongeBob Gods. I’m praying to you. Please make the next SpongeBob episode released the show’s new best so that the Ink hatred can finally slow down.

hippythehippo

Banished
@Wintermelon43 I'm sorry but a lot of your points seem biased and over exaggerated and way over the top and biased.

I agree that it's not funny, but not cartoony? Squid's reactions are over the top and everything, this is not realistic at all. The vomit scene is kinda annoying, but not something that detracts from the episode. Yeah sure, "abuse". You are way over exaggerating what actually happened here. By the way your talking, I can describe Camping Episode as Squid getting repeatedly mauled by a bear. Generalizations do no one good.

Bless your soul if you think this is hos worst. I can make an argument for many many many 6-8 episodes which take the cake. How about The Card which completely decharaterizes him? Or Smoothe Jazz? He is a sadist there too. So many episodes have much worse Patrick that this seems tame by comparison. I agree with no motivation, but there are so many other where his motivations are more twisted.

If you think this is gross, I hate to see the trauma that The Splinter did to you. And....we knew the concept from the beginning, yet no one complained there. This is what I mean when all your points are completely one sided. What was disgusting? Blanket statements aren't points.

Again with the over exaggeration. You wanna know what the episode shows? No interpretations, Squid comes out unharmed. You can pull all your mental abuse crap, but he after he came out, he went to go sell lemonade. Unharmed. Let's see your argument for this.

This point kinda contradicts everything else. It seems more a reason to complain, than an actual point. But I will humor you. Squid taking the ink stand is supposed to be kinda like Snowball Effect or Idiot Box, not saying it is as good at all, but yeah. And you can't call every calm scene boring. Then does High Sea Diving bore you because there is no over wackiness? You would make another hate paragraph if there was lmao. Feels you are taking this a bit too far with the hate.

Me and Romnick gave you strenghts (which you conveniently chose to ignore) Idk what you want, but we did give you positives, as much as you want to ignore them.

:squidugh: No. Most things in this paragraph are wrong. (not you liking Atlantis or TOS, you can like those if you want)

I didn't say it wouldn't be disliked, but the magnitude of hate this has gotten is way over the top. If this was in Season 6, it would be shoved aside to other bad eps (Choir Boys, Squids Visit, Boating Buddies, etc). Convenient that you don't have any arguments for why those eps are not worse than this. Almost as if you are only showing one side to prove an agenda.

I made my point above. Compared to the physical/emotional abuse in eps like Squids Visit, Spongecano, Giant Squidward, etc, if the most that happens here is that he is scared, than I can't say much.

I am not suicidal, but you have to understand, things like this DO happen. People do harass people to the point of suicide. Things like this, AYHN, Boating Buddies, etc, do actually happen to people. You think the result here is worse? I know you are probably ignorant to the reality of suicide, but no, what happens here is cartoony over the top, not the realistic portrayal of Plankton in that episode. Also convenient that you mention the positives of that episode, but choose to ignore it here.

Chocolate rain might be funny out of context, but in context, no. Spongebob is stalking Squid because he is...breathing. As I said, things like this do happen in real life. You completely gloss over the aforementioned episodes, because I honestly don't think you have a defense. You don't prove anything in this paragraph at all.

Even if it was (and me and RomNick already prved it isn't), it still is a sign of high production value, and the crew at least TRIED. Some of you are acting like Vincent Waller and Kaz are the devil.

My point is that this ep would be better received in 2016, and how little people gave this Season a chance. Lots of people who never watched the show now watched it just to see how bad it is, and it kinda makes me sad in a way.

Look, you can think this is the worst episode ever or whatever, but I don't think your points (and mosts) are that good. But, the thing that worries me is that people will remember this Season as "the Season with Ink Lemonade", rather than anything positive. I think you and me both agree that there is more good than bad, but look how many people responded to this thread.

RomNick said:
The amusing gag with Patrick actually squeezing the red liquid out of the toy fire truck.
Too bad most new eps music is shrugged under the rug. I actually enjoy the blend of tunes nowadays.

@Amphitrite

There are a couple things missing here.

1. Spongebob cares more about the formula than Plankton, and he has to try and convince Plankton to forget where it is before helping him.

2. Spongebob is too vague. He just says "Krabs your doing something wrong", but doesn't push anything at all.

3. It still explicitly shows the torture of Plankton, and the suicide scene does speak volumes. As I stated above, irl, it only takes 16 days for someone to give up life in these scenarios

4. Spongebob still puts Krabs in a place of victory, somewhere he was before, while also scaring Plankton in a similar scenario as Pat scared Squid here. You guys are making a big fuss of Squid being scared, but not Plankton now?

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
@hippythehippo Um... where did I say that Plankton being scared didn't matter? Also, my point still stands. SpongeBob was still more careless about Squidward in this episode than he was about Plankton in OCM. Heck, even the best part of OCM is more memorable than the best parts of Ink Lemonade. And the ending is still up for debate in OCM, but in Ink Lemonade, it explicitly ends with one final blow at Squidward for absolutely no reason but a poor and extremely disturbing attempt at a "comedy ending".

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
One Coarse Meal at least has a couple nice qualities here and there like the action at the beginning, SpongeBob calling out Krabs, and Plankton's cousins showing up. Ink Lemonade has absolutely nothing going for it.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
@hippythehippo

"I agree that it's not funny, but not cartoony? Squid's reactions are over the top and everything, this is not realistic at all. The vomit scene is kinda annoying, but not something that detracts from the episode. Yeah sure, "abuse". You are way over exaggerating what actually happened here. By the way your talking, I can describe Camping Episode as Squid getting repeatedly mauled by a bear. Generalizations do no one good."

Squidward becoming the way he does (as in becoming scared to that point and so on) are completely realistic and not fun to watch at all. "over the top", Patrick is purposely trying to do what would scare him, if Squidward is going through so many fears of his, obviously he's going to be scared. You're acting like Squidward being scared of his own fears is an exaggeration, but that's a normal reaction go being scared. The Camping Episode works because it's neither depressing what Squidward goes for (just like Plankton in One Coarse Meal) nor is caused by a human-like character who understands what he's doing, and that episode actually has good humor in it, including that part of the episode. Also, Squidward did all the things to attract a seabear, so he kinda had it coming, whereas he didn't do anything at all in this episode.

"Bless your soul if you think this is hos worst. I can make an argument for many many many 6-8 episodes which take the cake. How about The Card which completely decharaterizes him? Or Smoothe Jazz? He is a sadist there too. So many episodes have much worse Patrick that this seems tame by comparison. I agree with no motivation, but there are so many other where his motivations are more twisted."

And bless your soul if you think this isn't his worst. No way is Patrick a sadist in The Card and Smoothe Jazz, all he did was stupidly destroy a card and eat a bunch of tickets for no reason. Being flanderizedly annoying, rude, and stupid is still terrible, and that's why he's terrible in those episodes, but at least he isn't a sadist. Patrick knows very well what he's doing here, he is using Squidward almost like a machine to terrify as scare as possible and lock him away from humanity, so he can get his ink pee/blood, using terrifying methods. If that's not sadistic behavior, I don't know what is, lmao. Same thing for twisted motivations.

"If you think this is gross, I hate to see the trauma that The Splinter did to you. And....we knew the concept from the beginning, yet no one complained there. This is what I mean when all your points are completely one sided. What was disgusting? Blanket statements aren't points."

Oh believe me, The Splinter is terrible. Doesn't make Ink Lemonade not terrible either. I literally told you what was disgusting there, lol.

"Again with the over exaggeration. You wanna know what the episode shows? No interpretations, Squid comes out unharmed. You can pull all your mental abuse crap, but he after he came out, he went to go sell lemonade. Unharmed. Let's see your argument for this."

Yeah this was something I was wondering myself, actually. I don't know why he acts unharmed after it. But the thing is, there's no way you can realistically go from being too scared to even show yourself in your own house to being completetly unharmed. The only thing I can think is that they had to do something unrealistic like that to make sure they could force the Squidward's lemonade stand plot in, since he couldn't have done that if he still was affected by the abuse. Doesn't make the abuse scenes before and after this any better.

Also by this logic, the squid abuse doesn't matter in Choir Boys either, because Squidward only seems to be annoyed at the end. Even in this episode, it ends with him screaming in terror again, and in the scene you're talking about here, he still seems angry at Spongebob and Patrick until he gets his lemonade stand idea, so that's not any better than Choir Boys. So by this logic, the squid abuse in Choir Boys doesn't matter either.

"This point kinda contradicts everything else. It seems more a reason to complain, than an actual point. But I will humor you. Squid taking the ink stand is supposed to be kinda like Snowball Effect or Idiot Box, not saying it is as good at all, but yeah. And you can't call every calm scene boring. Then does High Sea Diving bore you because there is no over wackiness? You would make another hate paragraph if there was lmao. Feels you are taking this a bit too far with the hate."

I never once said no wackiness means it's automatically boring, lmao. High Sea Diving isn't boring, I find these parts of the episode boring because there is nothing to it except Spongebob and Patrick yelling loudly into microphones and being annoying, and customers talking about how great Squidward's pee/blood tastes, with no good humor or anything to make it not-boring. To me, it feels like you are just pulling random stuff out of a hat, like at no instance did I say everything not wacky is boring.

"Me and Romnick gave you strenghts (which you conveniently chose to ignore) Idk what you want, but we did give you positives, as much as you want to ignore them."

Again with the random stuff being pulled out of a hat, you didn't list a single strength lmao. RomNick actually did give three strengths, which I in fact did NOT conviently ignore. Yes, the episode had good voice acting and music selection, but so does almost every episode, and because of that, it doesn't really effect the episode unless it is exceptionally good or bad. And while both of those are good in this episode, I wouldn't say they're so espicially good compared to the rest of the series that it really makes it stand out as a big strength of the episode (although I must admit I liked the track they used when Swudiward's house locks him out). I honestly don't remember whatever gag he was talking about, but I don't recall ever finding anything funny about this episode. But if you'd like to rmeind me about that gag, that'd be fine, since then I can confirm whether it was funny or not.

":squidugh: No. Most things in this paragraph are wrong. (not you liking Atlantis or TOS, you can like those if you want)

I didn't say it wouldn't be disliked, but the magnitude of hate this has gotten is way over the top. If this was in Season 6, it would be shoved aside to other bad eps (Choir Boys, Squids Visit, Boating Buddies, etc). Convenient that you don't have any arguments for why those eps are not worse than this."

It hasn't gotten over the top, Ink Lemonade has fair reason to be hated so much. I literally gave you arguments for why those episodes are not as bad as this; the abuse Squidward goes through isn't quite as bad. Additionally, this episode has even more flaws than those episodes.

"Almost as if you are only showing one side to prove an agenda."

Oh god not again with the forced agenda stuff on a spongebob forum. We literally just dealt with this exact thing. I'm gonna be seriously disappointed if you write a 14 page document about how corrupt SBM is because of our supposed ink lemonade hate agenda. Though that was striked out so hopefully you were joking.

"I made my point above. Compared to the physical/emotional abuse in eps like Squids Visit, Spongecano, Giant Squidward, etc, if the most that happens here is that he is scared, than I can't say much."

The abuse here is even worse than those episodes, snd I've already explained why. I don't have much else to say here either.

"I am not suicidal, but you have to understand, things like this DO happen. People do harass people to the point of suicide. Things like this, AYHN, Boating Buddies, etc, do actually happen to people. You think the result here is worse? I know you are probably ignorant to the reality of suicide, but no, what happens here is cartoony over the top, not the realistic portrayal of Plankton in that episode. Also convenient that you mention the positives of that episode, but choose to ignore it here."

When's the last time somebody stalked on someone so much that they replicated someone's house and caused their original one to be destroyed? When's the last time someone teleported into a bathroom and got beat up, and then was forced to take a test and wasn't given any ability to even write anything on his test and failed because of it? When's the last time somebody was wrapped up and stung repeatedly so they'd listen to someone's song? Yeah, exactly. Maybe something similar happened before, but the same argument works for Ink Lemonade, being abused, tortured, and forced to go through many fears of yours, just for someone else's greed will have happened before too. It's not like I'm saying the squid abuse in those episodes are fine or don't happen to people, because I agree those episodes are terrible for those exact reasons. I'm saying Ink Lemonade's abuse is also horrible like this. The same arguments you're using can be used the other way too. And also convient that I literally never ignored any strengths and even acknowledged a strength, and you yourself are just ignoring it.

"Chocolate rain might be funny out of context, but in context, no. Spongebob is stalking Squid because he is...breathing. As I said, things like this do happen in real life. You completely gloss over the aforementioned episodes, because I honestly don't think you have a defense. You don't prove anything in this paragraph at all."

I wasn't talking about chocolate rain. I was talking about when squidward mentions Spongebob is the bane of his existence and Mrs Puff says "yours too?", and the scene where the student mentions why he was in boating achool and then says he doesn't know what's so good about it. I never once said the squid abuse in Boating Buddies isn't bad, In fact I said it IS bad. And I have acknowledged these episode numorous times, you're just choosing to ignore it, and then are blaming me for ignoring stuff.

"Even if it was (and me and RomNick already prved it isn't), it still is a sign of high production value, and the crew at least TRIED. Some of you are acting like Vincent Waller and Kaz are the devil."

I never once said that Vincent Waller and Kaz are the devil. Again, you are just pulling random stuff out of a hat. Vincent Waller and Kaz have done many great things for the show, and I don't think they're terrible people for making a really bad episode. That doesn't mean we need to like this episode just because they made it.

"My point is that this ep would be better received in 2016, and how little people gave this Season a chance. Lots of people who never watched the show now watched it just to see how bad it is, and it kinda makes me sad in a way.

Look, you can think this is the worst episode ever or whatever, but I don't think your points (and mosts) are that good. But, the thing that worries me is that people will remember this Season as "the Season with Ink Lemonade", rather than anything positive. I think you and me both agree that there is more good than bad, but look how many people responded to this thread."

You're acting like I'm doing this stuff, but I'm truthfully not. Look at my post on the season 11 discussion if you don't believe me, as well as the many other posts I have made about this episode. I agree that people didn't give this season enough of a chance and hate it more than they should. Doesn't stop this episode from being terrible. I also agree that I don't want this season to just be the season with ink lemonade when it has much more good than bad. People who stopped watching the show watched it out of morbid curiosity, there's nothing wrong with that.

You're saying that I, along with many others, are only hating this episode out of bias and overexaggeration, along with to consider this season much worse than it is, but that's not true. In fact, I think you just don't want to hate this episode even if it is bad, and refusing to listen to anyone explaining why this episode is terrible, because you don't want people to hate the whole season a lot becauee of one episode, or for people to exaggerate how bad the season is (which it isn't even bad imo). While I do agree that I don't want strengths of new spongebob to be ignored because of a terrible episode, it doesn't mean that this episode can't be terrible, and it's not any better to go the opposite way and be blind to anything that really is bad about this episode because of it.

Amphitrite said:
While we're on the topic of whether One Coarse Meal or this episode is worse, there is one fatal flaw in this episode that I'm unsure if anyone's pointed out yet: SpongeBob.

Now, back in One Coarse Meal, yes there's the ending where he scared away Plankton, the victim, with a projection of whales, but to this day we still don't know if he betrayed Plankton or just wanted to break up the fight and keep his job. But at least in that episode, he actually called out Mr. Krabs for going too far and acknowledged that he was in the wrong for scaring Plankton just to get a cheap laugh. He even tried to help Plankton at one point.

In this episode? He does absolutely nothing to stop Patrick from intentionally scaring ink out of Squidward. You'd think at SOME point, SpongeBob would have the common sense to take what Patrick was doing to get the black lemonade into account and say "Patrick, I don't think Squidward likes what you're doing. I think we should leave him alone", or something like that. But, nope! He actually agrees on what Patrick is doing and just let's him do it anyway. He's Demolition Doofus-levels of bad here if not worse: both involve a character in an unfortunate and serious condition, and SpongeBob doesn't even care! Even worse when you remember that SpongeBob likes and cares about Squidward despite the fact that he hates him. So, when you take that and all other problems many of us have pointed out and let those sink in, then yeah... I think this episode is worse than One Coarse Meal.
Holy crap..... I didn't even think about this, but you're right, that is terrible. Yeah, I'm officially considering this episode the third worst of the series.

LARRY22

Giant Clam
Why are some dwelling on the bad in Season 11? Why don't the really good episodes in Season 11 get a discussion with 10+ pages? When a really bad one comes out, some (not everyone though) forget that there are good episodes at all in this season. I mean, there is more to this season than this terrible episode, let's be honest.

I get where everyone is coming from though.

Coffee_lover

Banished
Why are some dwelling on the bad in Season 11? Why don't the really good episodes in Season 11 get a discussion with 10+ pages? When a really bad one comes out, some (not everyone though) forget that there are good episodes at all in this season. I mean, there is more to this season than this terrible episode, let's be honest.
I get where everyone is coming from though.
Because one simple reason-not that spectacular,almost every other S11 episodes are just 11 minutes of simples stories with bunch of visual humor,you can like it,you can hate it,but that’s all.While Ink Lemonade is not just bad episode,there so many little details of badness and laziness that have a lot of interest to talk about it,barely any others episodes have this

Back