Best and Worst Episodes of 2016

Tyler730

Part Computer or Something
What episodes from 2016 are your favorites and least favorites? Here’s my list:

Worst

5. The Whole Tooth - Honestly I find this episode extremely overrated. While they brought back an amazing APM track (Hawaiian Train), the episode felt really dumb and childish. The ending is pretty funny though. Other than that, really mediocre.

4. The Fish Bowl - Many people call this one of the worst episodes of post-sequel. Pretty darn true. Patrick was super unlikeable. Him apologizing doesn’t make up for this episode. Sandy was also creepy and unfunny, and Squidward wanting ice cream felt really out of character. Anyways, really weak episode.

3. Married to Money - This is Imitation Krabs Ripoff #4! Except it’s a lot more unique. The sea bears made a return which was a nice nod to one of the best episodes ever created. However this one was super predictable. Considering the fact that they let us know it was Plankton scheming, makes it all pointless. The ending is also really depressing. Just a dud.

2. Salsa Imbecilicus - Hey you, do you like seeing everyone act like stupid idiots? Well that perfectly describes Salsa Imbecilicus. That and some out of place college plot. To make it even worse, let’s add a stupid plot twist about it all being acting! Are you serious? This is one of the worst twists I’ve ever seen! Just a bad episode from a great year.

1. Mutiny on the Krusty - I thought Mr. Krabs was going to be likeable all the time. Well I guess not. While it’s definitely better than Out of the Picture, it’s still pretty bad. Krabs is super unlikeable here. It takes away the good from it. This episode felt really frustrating. Overall the worst episode of 2016 and Season 9B!

Best

5. Larry's Gym - An excellent episode that focuses on a tertiary character, Larry the Lobster. This is one of those episodes that story beats comedy. It’s unique and had a great story.

4. Mall Girl Pearl - Like Larry's Gym, this episode focuses on a minor character. Again this one succeeds with its story. Pearl is actually likeable and didn’t cry once. It’s a very nice story and one of the best episodes of Season 9B.

3. Mermaid Pants - This episode is hilarious! It’s a dumb plot, but it succeeds in being very funny. So many clever gags and humor. It’s one of the best episodes of Season 10!

2. Sold! - One of the most pre-movie like episodes I’ve ever seen. It’s a simple annoy Squidward plot. This used to be my favorite of Season 9, but there’s three better (Plankton's Pet, Factory Fresh, and this next episode).

1. Bulletin Board - Absolutely hilarious and clever episode from start to finish! The humor is solid. Bubble Bass has an excellent role. This episode is so amusing and is my favorite post-sequel episode ever!

That’s the list. What do you guys think of 2016 episodes as a whole? What are your favorite and least favorites of the year. I’m very interested to know.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Best 5:

5: The Sewers of Bikini Bottom (This was 2016, right?)

4: Patrick the Game (This was 2016, right?)

3: The Whole Tooth (sorry lol)

2: Sharks vs Pods

1: Bulletin Board

Worst:

5: Salsa Imbecillius

4: Lame and Fortune

3: SpongeBob LongPants

2: Mutiny on the Krusty

1: The Fish Bowl

Tyler730

Part Computer or Something
Patrick! The Game and The Sewers of Bikini Bottom aired in 2015.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Patrick! The Game and The Sewers of Bikini Bottom aired in 2015.
Oh. Oops.

In that case then:

Best 5:

5: Larry's Gym

4: Married to Money (sorry lol)

Worst:

5: Salsa Imbecillius

4: Lame and Fortune

3: SpongeBob LongPants

2: Mutiny on the Krusty

1: The Fish Bowl

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
I like how Married to Money was well-received but ever since Pieguy reviewed it the episode's been popular to diss on.

The only bad 2016 episodes were Mutiny on the Krusty and Whirly Brains. The Fishbowl and Two Thumbs Down weren't good either. The rest is solid.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Oh crap, I forgot Whirlybrains was 2016

Best 5:

5: Larry's Gym

4: Married to Money (sorry lol)

Worst:

5: Lame and Fortune

4: SpongeBob LongPants