Do you have a real or an artificial Christmas tree? (2017 edition)

Real or artificial tree?

• Real

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Artificial (fake)

Votes: 18 72.0%
  • No tree

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Both real and artificial

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
I did a topic similar to this last year, and since we have new members, I thought that it would be a good time to revive this topic.

Anyways, I have an artificial Christmas tree since it is easier to maintain than a real one. My family used to put up real Christmas trees until 2012, however.

Kimberly

call me, beep me, if ya wanna reach me
Artificial, always. I have no use for it but my cat loved messing with it

AquaticKonquest

Fudanshi
Oh, definitely artificial. They can easily be stored and used for the next year and so on, until of course one desires to get a new artificial tree should the current one lose its luster over time. That's why we bought a new fake tree last year after the old one just looked sad and minimal.

I don't have a problem with real trees as a concept, don't get me wrong, but...isn't it likely to bring in squirrels and things? I wouldn't know for sure since trees in the UK never have much going for them this time of year, so...

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
Artificial. A family member's allergies can't stand real trees, and we haven't had a real one since 2005.

Alex Squarepants

angrier than ever
Ok, Why do people even use fake trees? and can we stop doing that? It takes away a very important spirit of Christmas.

I don't have a tree yet so yeah.

Whisper

let me show you how its done
Staff
Artificial. I don't think my family has gotten any real trees since before I was born, or I was a baby.

Growlie

Best Boy
Ok, Why do people even use fake trees? and can we stop doing that? It takes away a very important spirit of Christmas. I don't have a tree yet so yeah.
Yeah, If you have the time to water it, and make sure it doesn't catch on Fire! Otherwise, get an artificial tree, you'll save a Real tree, they're alive believe it or not.

CherrySponge

There can only be one 'Jellyfishing King!'
Fighting against 'The Pods' with my good friends '
Real, which we're getting today! :sbx:
I'm pretty sure we've never had an artificial one, and I know real ones make a mess, but I just love the fresh pine smell. Artificial trees don't smell like anything, which takes away a bit of the magic for me. =/

Back