Pinned thread Unpopular Opinions you Have on SpongeBob

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
I swear Sportz was somehow 3 times more annoying the second time. I thought it was Meh the first time too, but when I watched it the second time it was terrible. Literally, the entire post sequel era might skip the Bad territory and go right to Terrible just because of Sportz :P

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Amphitrite said:
The Fish Bowl deserves more hate.
I think there's way worse episodes in seasons 10 and 11 imo. At least The Fishbowl has an interesting premise and a solid beginning. I can't see what Code Yellow has going for it,

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
I think there's way worse episodes in seasons 10 and 11 imo. At least The Fishbowl has an interesting premise and a solid beginning. I can't see what Code Yellow has going for it,

I definitely see where you're coming from, but personally I think TFB is the worst episode of the "post-sequel" era and the only episode so far that I actually hate. For me, while it did have a good premise, it doesn't save how awful I found the episode. Poorly set up, it was boring, Squidward was horribly out of character (acting frantic and crying over ice cream? Seriously?), and of course, Patrick was a huge jerk, which gave me back bad vibes of Yours, Mine and Mine. And no. Patrick apologizing doesn't save the episode. I find it very ironic that people forgave Patrick's malicious actions in this episode easily, yet they didn't when he felt bad in Karate Star, a MUCH better episode. Should I just call "post-sequel" bias a thing now? And you probably won't agree with me on this either, but I don't hate any season 10/11 episodes so far.

Just thought I'd give my two cents on the matter.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Mean Patrick (who apolgizes at the end), poorly characterized Squidward, and slight boredem > Terrible characterization all around, overly stupid and annoying Spongebob and Patrick, terribly characterized Squidward, severely annoying and almost even angering, very boring, almost no good humor, entirely based around annoying and unfunny slapstick, and stupid plot, along with nothing except maybe like 2 jokes to redeem it IMO

Wow Sportz is even worse now that I think about it.

Oh, and also

Amphitrite said:
I find it very ironic that people forgave Patrick's malicious actions in this episode easily, yet they didn't when he felt bad in Karate Star, a MUCH better episode.
What are you talking about? I've never seen anyone ever hate Karate Star or not forgive his behavior in Karate Star. I fact, I've never seen anyone hate his behavior in Karate Star. However, I have seen MANY people say they like the episode, and even muitiple people say it's a great or even amazing episode. Where exactly are you andthe rest of the community finding this Karate Star hate? Because I've never seen anybody say they hate it.

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
What are you talking about? I've never seen anyone ever hate Karate Star or not forgive his behavior in Karate Star. I fact, I've never seen anyone hate his behavior in Karate Star. However, I have seen MANY people say they like the episode, and even muitiple people say it's a great or even amazing episode. Where exactly are you andthe rest of the community finding this Karate Star hate? Because I've never seen anybody say they hate it.

There was a point in time this episode received hate, so I guess my thoughts are kind of outdated, but still.

MrTortellini00

lame funny
Wintermelon43 said:
Mean Patrick (who apolgizes at the end), poorly characterized Squidward, and slight boredem > Terrible characterization all around, overly stupid and annoying Spongebob and Patrick, terribly characterized Squidward, severely annoying and almost even angering, very boring, almost no good humor, entirely based around annoying and unfunny slapstick, and stupid plot, along with nothing except maybe like 2 jokes to redeem it IMO

Wow Sportz is even worse now that I think about it.

Oh, and also

Mr Enter talked badly about Karate Star a few years back and people just got to agree with him. I can't really confirm but I think it's the main reason of the hate Karate Star got.

mythix super saiyan 4

the only good parts of sbm are the skins and tradi
MrTortellini00 said:
Mr Enter talked badly about Karate Star a few years back and people just got to agree with him. I can't really confirm but I think it's the main reason of the hate Karate Star got.
of course stick with something mrenter says instead of your own infact season 8 used to be loved until we had stuff like enter badmouthing it

mythix super saiyan 4

Amphitrite said:
Sad but true. Oral Report, Bubble Troubles, and especially Pet Sitter Pat are some of the biggest examples of episodes that fell victim to Mr. Exit's nitpicking and overblown hatred, which would then be copied by almost everyone since 2014.
i bet one coarse meal and a pal for gary used to be liked

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
i bet one coarse meal and a pal for gary used to be liked

They actually were. Though, unlike most of the "infamous" season 8 episodes, they started to get hated even before Mr. Exit. Of course, it stooped down as low as blacklisting and threatening the writers once "he" reviewed them.

mythix super saiyan 4

Amphitrite said:
They actually were. Though, unlike most of the "infamous" season 8 episodes, they started to get hated even before Mr. Exit.
oh that's actually a relief that it didn't happen because of a reviewer

Back