182a. Little Yellow Book

AngelSponge

Bomb-Selling Pirate
GRRRRR!!!!!I just hate how people say Squidward is unlikable or Squidward is a jerk.WHAT THE :dolphin noise:?!Squidward deserves to embarrassed Spongebob in that episode after all the things Spongebob did to him.Here is a great example:BOTHERING HIM WHEN ALL HE WHAT TO DO IS BE ALONE WITH PEACE AND QUIET!!!So yeah I was actually happy when he didn't apologize to Spongebob after he made him sad.I had a big fat grin on my face when he hurted Spongebob's feelings.And he totally did NOT deserve all that punishments he had for reading someone's god:dolphin noise: dairy.I hate the Bikini Bottomies!

Zimmy11

Use your imagination...
Yeah but none of the episodes are linked except the 6x MM & BB episodes and any episode involving any mentioning or appearance of the Krusty Krab to Help Wanted, so I respect your opinion however I'm just saying that it is heavily likely that it was all done for each individual episode for different reasons

Invincibubble

Krabby Patty Perfectionist
The way I see it is that SpongeBob never does bad things to Squidward with bad intentions, so it's not his fault, in his mind Squidward is his best friend and he wants to make his day happy and fun, although it doesn't always work...

So yeah, I do find Squidward a jerk in this episode, because he flat out KNOWS what he's doing is wrong and he's doing it with a bad intention, which IS wrong. But that's just the way I see it. ;)

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
The thing I love is that when this episode came out, tv.com was sperging about it and saying Squidward should die like he was a real person, like calm down.

PinkPearl

insert title here
Welcome to the fandom, where people get irrationally upset over everything. Best thing to do is ignore it and leave the haters to their miserable selves :)

Also, since when has everyone on SBM became spelling/grammar picky? o.o

The Real Nostalgia Critic

toby j rathjen is a monkey
President Squidward said:
The thing I love is that when this episode came out, TV.com was sperging about it and saying Squidward should die like he was a real person, like calm down.
I absolutely despised this episode! I cannot believe I'm saying this but this is the worst episode I have ever seen! Squidward has never been this mean to Spongebob before! I wanna roast Squidward on the grill and eat him for dinner! The only part that made me chuckle at least a little was how mean everyone was to Spongebob after Spongebob started crying!

SQUIDWARD MUST DIE!!!!!!

AngelSponge

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Welcome to the fandom, where people get irrationally upset over everything. Best thing to do is ignore it and leave the haters to their miserable selves :)

Also, since when has everyone on SBM became spelling/grammar picky? o.o
Sorry I didn't me an to quote that.Just ignore it.

Cha

I love SBM
Merged with the episode thread, since it seemed to fit here more.

mitchellthespongebobfan

Imitation Krab
I'd like to start this off by saying I don't think this episode is an atrocity. Yes, Squidward is a total jerk in it, Spongebob's crying is annoying, and the plot doesn't move much throughout the episode. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's a good episode either, I just think people are way to harsh on it. I actually liked some of what happened here, the jokes were decent, but certainly not on par with earlier seasons like 1-4. Also, I liked the twist in which Squidward wasn't reading his real diary, but it was sort of ruined when he ended up reading the real one. I feel like the ending of this episode also left an unsettling feeling in my stomach and didn't wrap up what was happening well. There's not much else to say about this episode, as like I said, the plot doesn't move much because not much happens. I think they should've gone a different direction in this episode rather than just the whole town hating him as we are all very tired of Squidward torture. The reason I consider this episode over hated is because there was nothing especially awful we haven't seen before and overall it's not painful to watch, just not one I would find myself coming back to.

SpongeBronyPH

Giant Clam
Episode: Little Yellow Book (S9-E182-A)

UGH! NOT THIS ONE AGAIN! I HATE THIS ::dolphin noise::ING EPISODE!!! My favorite character, Squidward, was flanderized here. I hate it when Squidward shares SpongeBob's secrets to the Bikini Bottomites, making him cry. Poor little Sponge. :no: >_< :notamused: When Squidward deserves the punishment, he forgives SpongeBob. The diary that Squidward read is SpongeBob's work diary. But when SpongeBob shows his personal diary, Squidward reads it, and SpongeBob cries again. :facepalm: I hate Squidward here in this episode. It's like a rip-off of Fools in April. The Squidward here in this ::dolphin noise::ty episode deserves to die, fried to calamari, and served with fried rice. He made me so mad, I want to knock the ink out of Squidward. I also hate SpongeBob's secret when he gets happy to Squidward while he's angry because Gary keeps eating Squidward's stuff. It's better when SpongeBob scolds Gary for eating Squidward's stuff, along with his plants. In conclusion, this episode is rude and mean-spirited since invasion of privacy, which is stealing someone's secrets in someone's diary, is considered stealing. It's very rude and sinful to children (even they are watching this episode). Be careful, kids.

Best Character: :sbx:
Worst Character: :squidx:
Best Line: "Squidward, how could you?!" (cries away) (SpongeBob)
Worst Line: "I don't care. This is so worth it!" (Squidward) and "Oh boy. A ketchup packet. That'll go great with this old diaper!" (Patrick) EWWW!!!

Me (in Lola Loud's voice): (to Squidward here in this ::dolphin noise::ty episode) You sir have no class!

Final Score = 1/10 :patboo:

Amphitrite said:
I hate this episode. Squidward was a giant jerk for reading SpongeBob's diary and humiliating him in front of everyone! And, it really doesn't make since for him to have a mishap filled day for reading a diary. At the end, it's revealed that the diary Squidward read was just SpongeBob's work diary, but then he reads SpongeBob's personal diary! That was mean! Squidward was far too mean for me to like this episode, not to mention he didn't apologize to poor SpongeBob! 0/10 The worst season 9 episode so far.
GordokTheMad said:
In this episode, Squidward reads Spongebob's diary and cackles about it! And in the end, when Spongebob forgave Squidward, Squidward decided to be a "donkey" and read SB's PERSONAL diary, which caused Spongebob to cry! And his ending line was no better!

Squidward: Hahaha! I don't care! This is SOOOOOOOOOOO worth it!

I absolutely HATED Squidward in this episode. While I do hate Squid abuse, I don't hate it as much as other people do, since they're looking that the guy who basically acted horribly and twisted in episodes like I Was A Teenage Gary, Grandma's Kisses, I Heart Dancing, Naughty Nautical Neighbors, Good Neighbors (his anger was just a little more understandible), WhoBob WhatPants, and THIS episode! When first saw some revies of this episode, I was never looking forward to seeing it. And after I saw it anyway, I was angry! This episode, as well as other episodes, are reasons why I don't feel at all angry at all the Squidward torture fests (except for episodes like Squid Wood and Cephalopod Lodge).

-infinity/10

I hate this episode. Squidward was a giant jerk for reading SpongeBob's diary and humiliating him in front of everyone! And, it really doesn't make since for him to have a mishap filled day for reading a diary. At the end, it's revealed that the diary Squidward read was just SpongeBob's work diary, but then he reads SpongeBob's personal diary! That was mean! Squidward was far too mean for me to like this episode, not to mention he didn't apologize to poor SpongeBob! 0/10 The worst season 9 episode so far.

You are one of the best people to have ever existed <3 ! I agree completely! Poor Spongebob. :( It's episodes like this and WhoBob WhatPants that make me wonder why people are all over sympathetic to Squidward. I can understand being somewhat sympathetic with him in some episodes (namely Cephalopod Lodge, Squid Wood, and Choir Boys), but to me, some of the abuse he gets (like in Boating Buddies, The Thing), he had it coming!
And yes, I hate this atrocious ::dolphin noise::ty episode to. It sends bad messages to children. I apologize to the SpongeBob fans, who love this episode, that this episode is bad.

BobCarotte

meep
Episode: Little Yellow Book (S9-E182-A)

UGH! NOT THIS ONE AGAIN! I HATE THIS ::dolphin noise::ING EPISODE!!! My favorite character, Squidward, was flanderized here. I hate it when Squidward shares SpongeBob's secrets to the Bikini Bottomites, making him cry. Poor little Sponge. :no: >_< :notamused: When Squidward deserves the punishment, he forgives SpongeBob. The diary that Squidward read is SpongeBob's work diary. But when SpongeBob shows his personal diary, Squidward reads it, and SpongeBob cries again. :facepalm: I hate Squidward here in this episode. It's like a rip-off of Fools in April. The Squidward here in this ::dolphin noise::ty episode deserves to die, fried to calamari, and served with fried rice. I also hate SpongeBob's secret when he gets happy to Squidward while he's angry because Gary keeps eating Squidward's stuff. It's better when SpongeBob scolds Gary for eating Squidward's stuff, along with his plants.

Best Character: :sbx:
Worst Character: :squidx:
Best Line: "Squidward, how could you?!" (cries away) (SpongeBob)
Worst Line: "I don't care. This is so worth it!" (Squidward) and "Oh boy. A ketchup packet. That'll go great with this old diaper!" (Patrick) EWWW!!!

Me (in Lola Loud's voice): (to Squidward here in this ::dolphin noise::ty episode) You sir have no class!

Final Score = 1/10 :patboo:
i totally agree with you but why is there a lamo house reference?

SpongeBronyPH

Giant Clam
BobCarotte said:
i totally agree with you but why is there a lamo house reference?
Because, as a Loud House fan, I like Lola Loud and her catchphrase, along with Lincoln, Lisa, Leni, Luan, Lynn and Luna. And stop offending my favorite show (The Loud House). Look, I don't wanna offend you, but keep your opinions to yourself. Plus, it's good to use other cartoon references outside SpongeBob as reactions. It's like MoBrosStudios, man.

BobCarotte

meep
Because, as a Loud House fan, I like Lola Loud and her catchphrase, along with Lincoln, Lisa, Leni, Luan, Lynn and Luna. And stop offending my favorite show (The Loud House). Look, I don't wanna offend you, but keep your opinions to yourself. Plus, it's good to use other cartoon references outside SpongeBob as reactions. It's like MoBrosStudios, man.
I was being a little bit sarcastic. Sorry for offending you.

Surprisingly, most people on SBM dislike The L House including me. If you make references to this show in every SPONGEBOB review, you will annoy people here, no offense. Also, I think you should calm down a little when reviewing an episode you hate. I don't want people to think you're some hater that relies on "bad reviewer's reviews", in this case MoBrosStudios.

Back