131b. A Pal for Gary

Nickelodeon Stuff

Floating Shopping List
Probably one of the episodes. It's disgusting, gross, and stupid. It makes me wanna barf and spongebob is a jerk in this episode.
I say this is when spongebob reached its low. I remember seeing this original airing and i was hyped for it because i thought gary was gonna make a new friend and hang out.
But then when i saw it i regretted it, i think i've only watched the episode once or twice, i've never watched it on my season 7 dvd ever.
I've always skipped over it.
What were the writers thinking?
What was going through everyone's minds while watching this?

Anyway, i'll give it a 0.5/10.but i think i'm being too nice giving this episode a 0.5.

I'm never mentioning this episode again. Sorry.. it's just i hate gross out episodes.

SpongeBronyPH

Giant Clam
Episode: A Pal for Gary (S7-E131-B)

UGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE THIS MOTHERFUCKING EPISODE!!!!!!! THIS EPISODE MAKES ME WANT TO BREAK MY TV SCREEN SO HARD!!!!!

WHY?! SpongeBob is always worried about Gary while Gary is home alone. C'mon SpongeBob, Gary loves to be home alone. He's like Kevin McCallister of this show. To prevent Gary from loneliness, SpongeBob decides to get a new pet, a nudibranch (Nudibranchia) from the gypsy. The gypsy warned him to be careful with the nudibranch because nudibranches get angry to other pet animals, but SpongeBob ignores her and steals it without paying. Then, SpongeBob introduce it to Gary and named it...sigh...Puffy Fluffy. Everytime Gary meows to Puffy Fluffy, Puffy Fluffy roars at him. When Gary tells SpongeBob for help, SpongeBob blames Gary instead. At night, Puffy Fluffy became a monster and attacks Gary while SpongeBob is still sleeping. On the next day, SpongeBob saw Gary being eaten by beast mode Puffy Fluffy. What did SpongeBob do? Did he

a. SpongeBob uses his karate to save Gary?
b. SpongeBob calls the cops to save Gary?
c. SpongeBob asks his friends to help Gary?

The answer is.....(drumroll).....none of the above. Instead of saving Gary from great danger, SpongeBob still blames Gary. After Puffy Fluffy puts down Gary, Puffy Fluffy eats SpongeBob. HA HA!! I TOLD YOU SO!!! Hope he dies in Puffy Fluffy's stomach. Gary saves SpongeBob with a lasso, Wonder Woman style, that he learned from TV westerns. After Puffy Fluffy runs away, the ending should be great but it was spoiled because SpongeBob still blames Gary. I'm so Hulk-mode in this abyssmal episode right now!!! In the awkward ending, SpongeBob brings Gary to stay at The Krusty Krab and Gary dosen't like it. AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This episode, I want to put gasoline/kerosene in this episode, and set in on fire at night with the flamethrower, along with One Coarse Meal; Yours, Mine and Mine; Stuck in a Wringer, SITKWS, etc, creating a huge inferno.

get_pinked_by_zacatron94-d8d3q6e.png

"You know, I feel sorry for Gary. He has to fight from this monstrosity because his owner is blind, deaf and INCOMPREHENSIBLY STUPID!!!​
-MoBrosStudios​
:angrysquid: Final Score = -∞/10 :patboo:

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
SpongeBuddyPH said:
To the writers: Casey and Zeus, especially you Richard Pursel (a.k.a. Richard ::dolphin noise: :), you mother::dolphin noise::ing assholes should be ashamed of yourselves. I mean really, writing this atrocious episode to scare us all, and flanderizing one of the most beloved protagonist of this series?!?!?! Please keep your lackluster writing, gross-out, horror and poisoned imaginations away from this series. Seriously, SpongeBob SquarePants is a popular TV series to make us laugh, NOT MAKE US CRY, RANT AND SCARED TO ::dolphin noise::ING DEATH!!!

Me (in Lola Loud's voice): You writers are no class.

Alright, I understand you strongly dislike this episode and you're new to this site and all, but this lecture you made right here is just wrong. Cursing out and blacklisting the writers of SpongeBob or any crew member for that matter is rude and inconsiderate. Keep in mind that Casey, Zeus, Richard, and anyone who worked on SpongeBob are people too, and I think you ought to think before you speak, or in the case of the internet, type criticism. Posts like these will not be tolerated here. Again, you're free to criticize and point out mistakes in the crew's work, but please do it in a more mature, insightful manner. That goes for some of your other reviews as well. Thank you.

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
SpongeBuddyPH said:
To the writers: Casey and Zeus, especially you Richard Pursel (a.k.a. Richard ::dolphin noise: :), you mother::dolphin noise::ing assholes should be ashamed of yourselves. I mean really, writing this atrocious episode to scare us all, and flanderizing one of the most beloved protagonist of this series?!?!?! Please keep your lackluster writing, gross-out, horror and poisoned imaginations away from this series. Seriously, SpongeBob SquarePants is a popular TV series to make us laugh, NOT MAKE US CRY, RANT AND SCARED TO ::dolphin noise::ING DEATH!!!
This posts bothers me, like a lot. I mean, it's fine to hate a SB episode as much as you want but it doesn't give you the excuse to bash the writers. Zeus, Casey, and Pursel are not evil people, nor do they have bad intentions (even though I do have a slight grudge against Pursel TBH).

SpongeBronyPH

Giant Clam
Vamphitrite said:
Alright, I understand you strongly dislike this episode and you're new to this site and all, but this lecture you made right here is just wrong. Cursing out and blacklisting the writers of SpongeBob or any crew member for that matter is rude and inconsiderate. Keep in mind that Casey, Zeus, Richard, and anyone who worked on SpongeBob are people too, and I think you ought to think before you speak, or in the case of the internet, type criticism. Posts like these will not be tolerated here. Again, you're free to criticize and point out mistakes in the crew's work, but please do it in a more mature, insightful manner. That goes for some of your other reviews as well. Thank you.
TheCreepyCake said:
This posts bothers me, like a lot. I mean, it's fine to hate a SB episode as much as you want but it doesn't give you the excuse to bash the writers. Zeus, Casey, and Pursel are not evil people, nor do they have bad intentions (even though I do have a slight grudge against Pursel TBH).
I apologize for the profanity to the writers here. But good thing Stephen Hillenberg is back to this series. Good thing the atrocity years (e.g. the time where APFG and OCM were aired) are over. I'm just making fun of my most hated episode of this popular series. Plus, don't worry, Zeus Cervas won't make more atrocious episodes like this anymore. He'll start making good, bright episodes.

And don't worry. The hate comment to the writers, I deleted it already.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector

UGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE THIS MOTHER::dolphin noise::ING EPISODE!!!!!!! THIS EPISODE MAKES ME WANT TO BREAK MY TV SCREEN SO HARD!!!!!

WHY?! SpongeBob is always worried about Gary while Gary is home alone. C'mon SpongeBob, Gary loves to be home alone. He's like Kevin McCallister of this show. To prevent Gary from loneliness, SpongeBob decides to get a new pet, a nudibranch (Nudibranchia) from the gypsy. The gypsy warned him to be careful with the nudibranch because nudibranches get angry to other pet animals, but SpongeBob ignores her and steals it without paying. Then, SpongeBob introduce it to Gary and named it...sigh...Puffy Fluffy. Everytime Gary meows to Puffy Fluffy, Puffy Fluffy roars at him. When Gary tells SpongeBob for help, SpongeBob blames Gary instead. At night, Puffy Fluffy became a monster and attacks Gary while SpongeBob is still sleeping. On the next day, SpongeBob saw Gary being eaten by beast mode Puffy Fluffy. What did SpongeBob do? Did he

The answer is.....(drumroll).....none of the above. Instead of saving Gary from great danger, SpongeBob still blames Gary. After Puffy Fluffy puts down Gary, Puffy Fluffy eats SpongeBob. HA HA!! I TOLD YOU SO!!! Hope he dies in Puffy Fluffy's stomach. Gary saves SpongeBob with a lasso, Wonder Woman style, that he learned from TV westerns. After Puffy Fluffy runs away, the ending should be great but it was spoiled because SpongeBob still blames Gary. I'm so Hulk-mode in this abyssmal episode right now!!! In the awkward ending, SpongeBob brings Gary to stay at The Krusty Krab and Gary dosen't like it. AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This episode, I want to burn this episode with gasoline & flamethrower at night, along with One Coarse Meal; Yours, Mine and Mine; Stuck in a Wringer, SITKWS and all of my worst episodes, creating a huge inferno.

"You know, I feel sorry for Gary. He has to fight from this monstrosity because hi s owner blind, deaf and INCOMPREHENSIBLY STUPID!!!​
-MoBrosStudios​

To the writers: Casey and Zeus, especially you Richard Pursel (a.k.a. Richard ::dolphin noise::), you mother::dolphin noise::ing assholes should be ashamed of yourselves. I mean really, writing this atrocious episode to scare us all, and flanderizing one of the most beloved protagonist of this series?!?!?! Please keep your lackluster writing, gross-out, horror and poisoned imaginations away from this series. Seriously, SpongeBob SquarePants is a popular TV series to make us laugh, NOT MAKE US CRY, RANT AND SCARED TO ::dolphin noise::ING DEATH!!!

Me (in Lola Loud's voice): You writers are no class.

*Insults the writers*

*Almost entirely bases opinions off of critics like Mobrostudios and Mr Enter*

*Quotes something from The Loud House*

I don't mean to be rude, but this is how you get people on SBM mad.
I apologize for the profanity to the writers here. But good thing Stephen Hillenberg is back to this series. Good thing the atrocity years (e.g. the time where APFG and OCM were aired) are over. I'm just making fun of my most hated episode of this popular series. Plus don't worry, Zeus Cervas won't make atrocious like this anymore and start making bright, good episodes.

How do you know that? Zeus Cervas could very easily make another bad episode, we don't know how his Season 11 episode will be like. It probably won't be that bad but we never know.

And it's not like Stephan Hillenburg being back automatically makes every episode great, Sportz was bad and there was a few other meh ones too. It HAS improved since then, but it still doesn't automatically mean every single episode from it is great.

SpongeBronyPH

Giant Clam
Wintermelon43 said:
How do you know that? Zeus Cervas could very easily make another bad episode, we don't know how his Season 11 episode will be like. It probably won't be that bad but we never know.

And it's not like Stephan Hillenburg being back automatically makes every episode great, Sportz was bad and there was a few other meh ones too. It HAS improved since then, but it still doesn't automatically mean every single episode from it is great.
You know what, you're right. Even Hillenberg is back, there are meh and bad episodes to me. Mutiny on the Krusty and The Sewers of Bikini Bottom are bad, while The Fish Bowl and Food Con Castaways are meh to me.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
You know what, you're right. Even Hillenberg is back, there are meh and bad episodes to me. Mutiny on the Krusty is bad, while The Fish Bowl and Food Con Castaways are meh to me.

What do you think of Sportz? That's the most hated one of the post-sequel era

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
SpongeBuddyPH said:

UGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE THIS MOTHER::dolphin noise::ING EPISODE!!!!!!! THIS EPISODE MAKES ME WANT TO BREAK MY TV SCREEN SO HARD!!!!!

The answer is.....(drumroll).....none of the above. Instead of saving Gary from great danger, SpongeBob still blames Gary. After Puffy Fluffy puts down Gary, Puffy Fluffy eats SpongeBob. HA HA!! I TOLD YOU SO!!! Hope he dies in Puffy Fluffy's stomach. Gary saves SpongeBob with a lasso, Wonder Woman style, that he learned from TV westerns. After Puffy Fluffy runs away, the ending should be great but it was spoiled because SpongeBob still blames Gary. I'm so Hulk-mode in this abyssmal episode right now!!! In the awkward ending, SpongeBob brings Gary to stay at The Krusty Krab and Gary dosen't like it. AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This episode, I want to burn this episode with gasoline & flamethrower at night, along with One Coarse Meal; Yours, Mine and Mine; Stuck in a Wringer, SITKWS and all of my worst episodes, creating a huge inferno.

"You know, I feel sorry for Gary. He has to fight from this monstrosity because his owner is blind, deaf and INCOMPREHENSIBLY STUPID!!!​
-MoBrosStudios​
Hi Sperngeyberb.

TheDivertRealm

Floating Shopping List
Unpopular Opinions Ep. 3

I'm surprised to see that soo many people hate this episode for a reason, mainly because of SpongeBob and animal abuse. I do agree that SpongeBob is a jerk, but Puffy Fluffy is a really interesting villain. Not only that, but it makes Gary very likeable in this episode, by giving him a beginning that foreshadows his moves in the climax and how he acts strong anc curious throughout the episode. The quality here is at its best, thanks to its details and animation of Puffy Fluffy and Gary. Though I can say that Fluffy's teeth is grotesque, it fits well with the solid tone about how the original must face the chaotice new pet. It tells that story very well and felt like something I haven't seen before. The episode isn't that funny, especially in the first half, but what I've seen is very enjoyable.

Highlight: The Climax

6/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
doyouwantoptions said:
I'm surprised to see that soo many people hate this episode for a reason, mainly because of SpongeBob and animal abuse. I do agree that SpongeBob is a jerk, but Puffy Fluffy is a really interesting villain. Not only that, but it makes Gary very likeable in this episode, by giving him a beginning that foreshadows his moves in the climax and how he acts strong anc curious throughout the episode. The quality here is at its best, thanks to its details and animation of Puffy Fluffy and Gary. Though I can say that Fluffy's teeth is grotesque, it fits well with the solid tone about how the original must face the chaotice new pet. It tells that story very well and felt like something I haven't seen before. The episode isn't that funny, especially in the first half, but what I've seen is very enjoyable.

6/10
Better than Texas and Suds confirmed.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
SpongeBuddyPH said:
I apologize for the profanity to the writers here. But good thing Stephen Hillenberg is back to this series. Good thing the atrocity years (e.g. the time where APFG and OCM were aired) are over.
I'm sick of people saying the show is good again because Stephen Hillenburg is back like he was the only person who made SpongeBob great and not the many, many, talented writers and storyboard artists who worked during the golden age of the show. (ex: C.H. Greenblatt, Walt Dohrn, Kent Osborne, Sherm Cohen, Aaron Springer, Paul Tibbitt, Merriweather Williams and many more)

I don't mean to sound rude or anything, I just kind of get irritated when I see posts like this 3:

SpongeBronyPH

Giant Clam
Look, I understand we all hate this episode. As I apologized for profaning and blacklisting the writers, I heard and did understand that even the SpongeBob fans hate A Pal for Gary, the writers Casey and Richard also hate this episode, even Stephen Hillenberg and Tom Kenny. Please forgive me for what I did wrong. I understand that even the writers and the cast and crew of this show hates APFG. I have never heard that the writers of this episode hate this episode before. I'm glad everybody hates it. I'm sorry for acting like Blu3Danny (now BluMoonToons).

Back