222b. Teacher's Pests

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Synposis - Mr. Krabs and Plankton have to take Boating School classes together.

Discuss this episode when it airs on October 21st!

Squidy

Bomb-Selling Pirate
The fast food restaurant that only sick people eat
This is just... I don't even know. Just amazing, that's all it is. Every single part was good except the start but still that was good. It gets a GOLDEN episode ( no one is surprised.) So I want to mention that the episode has 4 Epsiode references. The one I remember at the top of head is the gold noodles. The next one I remember is the one at the end where they make a reference to "Squidbob TenticlePants." The blimp blowing up from "Band Geeks" is back. The final thing is explosion joke is back too after years of being apcent. 11/10.

Klu

Moby Dollar
So... I REALLY liked this episode. Yeah, it was zany, but it was hilarious kind of zany.
Biggest shock for me was the fact that this episode was written by Ben Gruber! Who'd thought?
8/10.

Klu

Moby Dollar
Wintermelon43 said:
Well, even if I liked it, episode must be REALLY good to become "10/10" or "9/10". Just a regular really funny episode.

Uncle Sherm

Bomb-Selling Pirate
This was actually a decently fun episode. I really liked Mr. Krabs and Plankton constantly trying to one-up each other (the fruit scene in particular was hilarious). Also, I think the driving safety video was a reference to Boat Smarts?
the ending was really disturbing and kinda cliche though

TheJasbre202

Jasbre
Title Cards HD (Uploaded by Me, ripped from iTunes HD):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POCaOC1F0G8

this episode has to be one of the best boating school episodes in the series, the concept works, it's as creative as "Tutor Sauce" was, but this one includes the boating school. 9/10

Klu

Moby Dollar
RomNick said:
IMO, Boat Smarts wasn't so bad. That crash-test dummy scene is still funny, as well as the opening statement.
Well, still concept wasn't explored to it's full potential, which is disappointing. And SpongeBob was really annoying.
Tho, I liked crash-test scene too.

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
This episode was pretty good, especially at the end. 9/10

Holy freaking crap. An actual Mr. Krabs and Plankton episode WITHOUT THEIR USUAL RESTAURANT COMPETITION? MR. KRABS NOT MENTIONING MONEY OR PLANKTON TRYING TO STEAL THE FORMULA? And this all took place in Boating School. This was the most unique and different premise the show has done for a long long long time and it worked. This was the episode I laughed the hardest in years. Ben Gruber is finally finding his place in this show. At first his episodes were too zany and crazy for sake of it with messy pacing. This one was also random with slapstick and fast pace but the thing was that it was actually humorous and it used fast pace to make Plankton and Mr. Krabs compete with each other. Did I mention this is like a miles better version of Boating Buddies? Because it is. Mr. Krabs and Plankton were the ones that caused a traffic accidents in Bikini Bottom because of their pity rivalry. If this was like SpongeBob stalking them like how he did it with Squidward, it'd fail badly but it didn't. SpongeBob was still close to them but the focus was all on Mr. Krabs and Plankton rivalry. To add some bonus. Mrs. Puff took no s*** from neither. When they stuffed food in her mouth, she beated them up with apple tree, heck even SpongeBob got some and Mrs. puff took the stars floating from SpongeBob's head. Now that's a great gag of Mrs. Puff punishing them and she wasn't even in the hospital at the end. And can you believe that SpongeBob finished the bloody test but he crashed Mr. Krabs and they all exploded? And SpongeBob, Mr. Krabs and Plankon are stuck together? That was classic SpongeBob ending punchline right there. A lot of stuff in this episode made me laugh, it kept being exciting and joyful from start to finish. This is definitely season 11's best offering so far and one of the strongest episodes the show has ever done in years.

Grade: A+

J-444

Floating Shopping List
Right on the heels of the semi-uncomfortable Krabby Patty Creature Feature, we have this great episode. I'm just gonna say it, this may just be the most fun, laugh-out-loud time I've had with an episode in the entire post-sequel era, at least on the level with Tutor Sauce. Just about every scene is great, with only one real big exception (of course, the "fruit" scene, complete with an oft-reused track, but even that had two alright jokes, with the watermelon and the seed packet).

"Hey guys, I've finished the-", though generic, may just be one of my favorite lines in the series now, for everything that surrounds it. I haven't laughed as hard from the show in what feels like ages, with the reaction from that specific line, its context, and its aftermath extending past the fade to the next scene. No joke.

I'll give this a well-deserved 9/10 and leave my thoughts there - this episode is just about golden.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
So originally when I watched the episode, I was really excited to see this episode for quite a while and was thinking of it as basically being a boating school episode that would probably be better than most, if not all, of the boating school episodes in the series. So I was thinking of it as being like the old boating school episodes, and because of the marathon right before it I saw a bunch of them before watching this episode. So I was thrown off-guard by the way that this episode was like; we hadn't had an episode that took place almost entirely at boating school since Boating Buddies, and we hadn't had a boating school episode that was mostly about boating school at all since Bumper to Bumper (Burst Your Bubble didn't take place in Mrs Puff's boating school except the first like 30 or so seconds, and the Getaway was more of a boating episode than a boating school episode). So that means we haven't seen a real boating school episode in the post-SOOW era, so the way this episode was like was surprising. So at first I felt a little disappointed because it felt way differant than I was expecting and that really surprised me. I Still thought it was good but not as good as I expected. It also felt way shorter than what I was expecting and felt like it had less in it than what I thought there was going to be.

The second time I watched it though, it felt MUCH better. Now that I was thinking of it as the type of episode that it is rather than essrntially a second differant episode, it didn't feel too weird and I was able to see that it was indeed a great episode. I really need to stop having expectations or worrying about an episode's quality when I watch new episodes, it really destroys them during my first viewing and I have to watch them a second time to properly enjoy it lol

Also this was way longer than what I was expected

Anyway, on to my actual review of the episode! Personally, I think this was yet another great episode of Season 11! First off, the overall premise of the episode was defitenly a great one, and it defitenly had a ton of potential for a great episode! Mr. Krabs and Plankton having to go to Boating School and becoming rivals there and all that stuff was defitenly a great idea. And it was executed very well too!

For one thing, this episode was very funny! Mr. Krabs and Plankton were hilarious in this episode; Plankton and Mr. Krabs fighting over the seats and destroying them all was hilarious, and the scene where they're driving and constantly hitting each other and then driving on the lighthouse was very funny too. I also really liked the part where they crashed and were unharmed, but then Spongebob slightly taps Mr. Krab's boat and the huge explosion occurs was hilarious and one of the funniest jokes in quite a while! And I also found the Boat Smarts type scene and the traffic cop's reaction to the huge car crash very funny too.

I also liked the rest of this episode too. Along with being very funny, the episode also was great at other things too. The episode did a very good job at combining both the boating and school parts of boating school; generally each boating school episode only focuses on one side of those two elements, but this episode did both of them very well. It also had a good plot, good characterization (Nobody was OOC and every character was very funny here), and had no real flaws or anything to harm the episode. And as always with these new episodes, it had good visuals too.

Overall it was a Great 9.5/10 episode and yet another great episode from season 11.

Growlie

Best Boy
This actually wasn't a bad episode. I'm Impressed, especially with SpongeBob. He seemed to be the sane one in this episode, and he almost nailed that stop close to the episode's end. I'm calling Bullshrimp though, because he was super, ridiculously slow, that teeny tiny tap shouldn't have caused them to explode. If you think about It, SpongeBob could've successfully stopped that boat without incident, was that a sigh of SpongeBob improving?

So this episode, including "Feral Friends" is another episode I didn't hate from season 11.

Good job.

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
Growlie said:
This actually wasn't a bad episode. I'm Impressed, especially with SpongeBob. He seemed to be the sane one in this episode, and he almost nailed that stop close to the episode's end. I'm calling Bullshrimp though, because he was super, ridiculously slow, that teeny tiny tap shouldn't have caused them to explode. If you think about It, SpongeBob could've successfully stopped that boat without incident, was that a sigh of SpongeBob improving?

So this episode, including "Feral Friends" is another episode I didn't hate from season 11.

Good job.
Feral Friends is season 10.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Good job.

An episode that Growlie actually likes? O_O

Back