213b. Lost and Found

MrColeslaw

Balloon Traveler
Definitely better than The Getaway, which I'll eventually speak of.

Anyone notice the crown and Goofy Goober guitar from the original film in the background on a shelf? Subtle, but cool to see. Some beautiful animation and backgrounds in this one, which as an artist, is always nice.. aesthetically, one of the best episodes yet. Plot felt fresh too, which was nice.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't say I really enjoyed this one too much; I know they're trying to take the show in a "new" direction, but it doesn't feel new to me; more like Ren & Stimpy, albeit with the expressions knocked up to an 11. Wish I could enjoy these new episodes, but they're just not all that faithful to the feel of SpongeBob, in my opinion. Of course, these are miles better than most of seasons 6 - 8, but I feel like they could be better.. overall, not a bad episode, but I was far more impressed with the season 3 premiere of "ALVINNN!!! and the Chipmunks" which aired directly afterwards.

More

VIP
Honest Slug said:
I like how when this season started I was way more negative than everyone else and now I seem to be one of the few people defending it lol.
I guess this fandom just has opposing tastes in SpongeBob episodes. :P I absolutely adored both this and "The Getaway" and I'm really surprised they aren't getting the immediate positive reaction of some of the Season's earlier episodes, some of which I wouldn't say deserved it.
But as Vincent Waller said, these new episodes are trying to offer "A little something for everyone" and I think the Spongey crew definitely succeeded at that.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
More_Starco said:
I guess this fandom just has opposing tastes in SpongeBob episodes. :P I absolutely adored both this and "The Getaway" and I'm really surprised they aren't getting the immediate positive reaction of some of the Season's earlier episodes, some of which I wouldn't say deserved it.

But as Vincent Waller said, these new episodes are trying to offer "A little something for everyone" and I think the Spongey crew definitely succeeded at that.
That's a good point, season 10 feels like the next season 5 in a lot of ways. Season 10 might be even more experimental now that I think about it.

Whirly Brains: The animation alone is unlike any episode. Sorta plays out like a Ren and Stimpy episode.
MermaidPants: Reboots the whole idea of Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy episodes.
Unreal Estate: This episode is just a huge collection of crazy visual gags.
Code Yellow: I have a hard time describing this one, sorta gives me that classic cartoon vibe.
Mimic Madness: The use of the characters and a dramatic music number is something I don't see post-movie do a lot.
House Worming: That short.
Krusty Katering: The zaniness is really ramped up.
Life Insurance: Probably the simplest plot. And one that feels very inspired by the pre-movie era.
Burst Your Bubble: This episode kinda reboots the entire idea of what boating school episodes are.
Trident Trouble: Zany like Krusty Katering with the addition of a character who rarely appears.
The Getaway: Essentially a long chase sequence.
Lost and Found: The entire adventure and visuals inside the lost and found.

Wow I didn't intend for that big of a list. Snooze You Lose, SpongeBob's Place, Plankton Gets the Boot, and Plankton Retires are pretty typical SpongeBob fare (Not saying that in a bad way) but almost every episode in this season has been trying something different. After almost 20 years of episodes that's something I respect, even if it doesn't always work out for everyone.

TheCrunchyPudding00

Part Computer or Something
Pretty middle of the road for me. I like some of the visuals and easter eggs but the lost children were not instersting to me and alot of the plot felt pretty boring. My favorite part was the random explosions in the chase scene. I laughed at that. But nothing else really got me. Cool concept but in practise pretty lame 4/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
IAmAGoofyGoober2004 said:
Two words: eye candy. Seriously, a lot of eye candy for long time viewers of the show and an intriguing concept executed with thrill. Found a little boring at times due to the minimal setting once again. 7.5/10
What complaint is minimal setting? Ignoring the fact that the environments in this episode are the last thing I'd describe as minimal why do settings matter? Episodes use the settings that they need for the situation. No need to shoehorn in more locations.

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
I wrote an entire, long detailed review for this yesterday. Unfortunately, my Internet seemed to go down, preventing me from posting it. Not retyping it.

It's an Okay Episode.

6.5/10

More

VIP
Honest Slug said:
That's a good point, season 10 feels like the next season 5 in a lot of ways. Season 10 might be even more experimental now that I think about it.
Hang on... does that mean that Season 9 was the equivalent of Season 4, with Season 10 being a way to test waters as they desperately try to find viewers, finishing off with a universally panned special (Feral Friends being the next Atlantis), and then Season 11 will end up being awful like Season 6, only for a slow but steady improvement over the next couple Seasons until it hits another peak? Is this going to be a cycle that will keep happening?

Obviously I'm kidding and I think the show's far from a dark age... but what if?

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
Squidward as a kid is godblessious

don't know why they made him obsessed with playing the kazoo again at the end though

*plays goner by twenty one pilots backwards*

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 10

Episode: Lost and Found

This episode was good. The plot was creative, finally a fresh concept! There were many funny jokes. 8/10

pgh214

Thanks for the Facelift!
Sadly this episode did nothing for me. Good concept but weak execution. I see it as a wasted fresh idea, and fresh ideas are hard to come by these days. What was squidwards purpose in this episode AT ALL?!? Why did the entire restaurant basically shut down because of a stupid crying fish? Spongebob was the only highlight of this episode, the other characters were just so unnecessary. Those old fish, really? They did nothing for me either. 6/10 definitely not unwatchable though.

CherrySponge

There can only be one 'Jellyfishing King!'
Fighting against 'The Pods' with my good friends '
I think it was the ending that brought this episode down for me. I'll admit the aged children were interesting additions, but I did not enjoy the parts where Squidward was screaming or just in pain for no reason.
And the crying child was a little piercing.
SpongeBob is still very much a likeable character and it's nice that he tried to resolve things and put them right. I blame the child for being so spoilt. :P

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Still holds up for me. That crying kid was annoying and they really should've muffled it or something. That's my only problem with this episode though. This has to have some of the best atmosphere I've seen in an episode since Rock Bottom. The animation really brings the lost and found alive. I also quite enjoy the jokes at the end with all of the lost things (Lost dead ends :p) and seeing Squidward as a kid. I could see some finding this meh but it's a really nice episode for me. I think both this and The Getaway are some of the better episodes since 9b.

josemiguex

Imitation Krab
This episode is pretty good and has a lot of funny moments!

8/10

The only thing I disliked about this episode was the crying kid; he really brought this episode down for me. But other than that, this episode's pretty good! I liked the setting, I like the conflict, I like pretty much everything except for that kid.

Ranking so far:
1. Unreal Estate (A+)
2. Plankton Gets the Boot (A+)
3. Mimic Madness (A)
4. Burst Your Bubble (A)
5. Mermaid Pants (A)
6. SpongeBob's Place (A)
7. Plankton Retires (B)
8. Lost and Found (B)
9. The Incredible Shrinking Sponge (B)
10. Life Insurance (B)
11. The Getaway (B)
12. Code Yellow (B)
13. Trident Trouble (C)
14. Whirlybrains (C)
15. House Worming (C)
16. Sportz? (C)
17. Krusty Katering (C)
18. Snooze You Lose (D)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
OLD REVIEW NEW ONE BELOW!

Hhhhey my friends! Guess what? SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS HAS A CAILOU EPISODE! AND YOU ARE LOOKING AT IT RIGHT NOW! This is my least favorite season 10 episode it might have had some jokes! But! Man that little kid was annoying and this is a boring episode Feels like the didnt do ANY work on it! And trust me Squidward made the horror worst!

Final Rating: Garbage

Rankings

Burst Your Bubble
Feral Friends
Code Yellow
The Incredible Shrinking Sponge
Mermaid Pants
The Getaway
Trident Trouble
Mimic Madness
Plankton Gets the Boot
Plankton Retires