Writers, Here's How To Make Spongebob Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Scott

Giant Clam
As you may know if you saw my Season 9B vs Season 10 topic, I LOVE Season 9B. However, I think Season 10 is really mediocre. Quoting what I said there:

I find 10 a big downgrade from 9B due to the weaker stories, not enough dialogue humor, and repetitive slapstick. 9B took much more risks with having a much better variety of plots and humor. It really went out of its way to be creative and original, and made quite a few episodes about characters not seen as often. It also is the funniest of the show since Season 3. Season 10 sacrificed 9B's funny dialogue humor to do way too much slapstick that got old fast, and the stories were way too light. It also made few episodes focusing on less seen characters compared to 9B. Hopefully Season 11 will be better.
If I could give advice to the writers on how to improve the show and bring it back to the quality it was in 9B, it would be this:

1: Bring back the style of humor Season 9B had. That had a great balance of humor between both dialogue humor and slapstick. Season 10's slapstick was simply way too much and way too repetitive, at the expense of the funny dialogue humor. It was also way too loud at points, and got annoying.

2: Make the stories more creative and original, like they were in 9B. Make episodes focusing on secondary characters. Explore stuff we haven't seen before. Don't do what 10 did and make a bunch of episodes about Spongebob and Patrick annoying Squidward, and don't recycle so many plots. Have fun with your storytelling! Don't just do what we have seen a million times before, give it a twist. Be creative.

3: Give the stories more substance. Another huge problem in Season 10 was that the stories were often really flimsy. Many conflicts were solved extremely easily. The stories felt like just excuses to do repetitive slapstick. I am not asking for some complex storytelling here. I am just asking for something that has a clear conflict and a beginning, middle, and end. Again, Seasons 1, 2, 3, and 9B did this very well.

Yes, I know that this is mostly just "To make the show better, just do the same thing you did in 9B" However, I really feel that this is the best way. Season 10 was an experiment for sure, and I respect the writers for trying a new style of humor, even though I don't think it worked out. However, the show was on such a great track in 9B, and Season 10 really ruined it for me, and for many other people as well. You know what they say: Don't fix what's not broken.

Ellie Williams

Moby Dollar
The E-Man Guy said:
Because I had cable until last month. I actually haven't seen the last few season 10 episodes, though I doubt those will change my opinion on the season as a whole.
well u can try to see them online or youtube is what i do

Ellie Williams

Moby Dollar
The E-Man Guy said:
That''s fine for you, but I am personally against piracy like that.
CcQ_KqXWwAAXvpn.jpg

I don't get what u said

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
Meh, I don't care. It's not really going to improve in any sort of way. I don't know how the show is going right now, but from everyone's perspectvr claiming that this "Season 9B" is a lot better than Season 10, there's no chance that the show will receive some better changes.

Michael Scott

Giant Clam
Meh, I don't care. It's not really going to improve in any sort of way. I don't know how the show is going right now, but from everyone's perspectvr claiming that this "Season 9B" is a lot better than Season 10, there's no chance that the show will receive some better changes.
Hey, if the show can get back on track in 9B after being in a rut for 3 seasons, anything is possible.
CcQ_KqXWwAAXvpn.jpg

I don't get what u said
Aren't you talking about watching the episodes on free, unofficial sources? If so, that's piracy.

Ellie Williams

Moby Dollar
The E-Man Guy said:
Hey, if the show can get back on track in 9B after being in a rut for 3 seasons, anything is possible.

Aren't you talking about watching the episodes on free, unofficial sources? If so, that's piracy.
i dont get what u said about piracy

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
Anything can be possible.
So, by anything means that the show can get worse or even better. Even after everything the show went through (talking about every season), it's hard to become better. Many writers are leaving and coming back, many of them are new writers, everyone has different ideas. You can't change them. Would anyone here make better episodes than the entire crew (counting every person who worked from S1-S11)? Not at all.

Michael Scott

Giant Clam
ElectricPikachu said:
Anything can be possible.
So, by anything means that the show can get worse or even better. Even after everything the show went through (talking about every season), it's hard to become better. Many writers are leaving and coming back, many of them are new writers, everyone has different ideas. You can't change them. Who would anyone here make better episodes than the entire crew (counting every person who worked from S1-S11)? Not at all.
Yes, it is hard for the show to become better, but Season 9B managed to be the best season since Season 3 even after the show was stuck in a rut for so long. That season proved that it is possible for the show to improve, and I am crossing my fingers that it does again.

Aquamarine said:
i dont get what u said about piracy
I meant that I disagree with it because I believe people should support the official sources. Piracy is damaging, in my opinion.

Ellie Williams

Moby Dollar
The E-Man Guy said:
Yes, it is hard for the show to become better, but Season 9B managed to do it after he show was stuck in a rut. That season proved that it is possible for the show to improve, and I am crossing my fingers that it does.

I meant that I disagree with it because I believe people should support the official sources. Piracy is damaging, in my opinion.
ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back