Season 4-11

7 Years of Hospitality
I prefer this over SB's place. There were some funny gags, especially visuals.
image.jpeg

And Plankton and SB having 1,347 babies. XD And Plankton trying to be nice was fun. Also they used Hawaiian Breeze again. 9/10

Mr. Anthony

Bomb-Selling Pirate
SaYnmtRfz0M.jpg
:shifty: :whistle: :rolleyes:

J-444

Floating Shopping List
My general connection between this and Spongebob's Place is that they both are pretty good throughout the entire runtime (with some bumps), with some relatively small thing that ticks.

Here, it's the very quick joke ending, which - depsite lasting all of ten seconds or less - kind of brings down everything that came before.

However, ignoring it, the episode is near-just as smooth as its sister episode, and - to its strength - pulls more punches with the story and jokes (Karen's screensaver*, Sailor Moon-inspired(?) outfit, Karen's facial expressions, the "Print" comment o.o), and its fresh return to Plankton and Karen's relationship automatically bring the story up for its relative uniqueness.

9/10

*For those who get it - It's a nod to the very first (and very popular, in the '90s) screensaver program, After Dark, and its flagship module, Flying Toasters. It was also referenced in an Adventure Time episode as BMO's screensaver as well. I am kind of a big fan of the program, so I cheered hard when it popped up.

Growlie

Best Boy
Very funny episode, Karen, along with Plankton, was funny and I liked her Screensaver too. 7/10

The Appetizer

shapes and noises
Sgt. Tibbs said:
My general connection between this and Spongebob's Place is that they both are pretty good throughout the entire runtime (with some bumps), with some relatively small thing that ticks.

Here, it's the very quick joke ending, which - depsite lasting all of ten seconds or less - kind of brings down everything that came before.

However, ignoring it, the episode is near-just as smooth as its sister episode, and - to its strength - pulls more punches with the story and jokes (Karen's screensaver*, Sailor Moon outfit, Karen's facial expressions, the "Print" comment o.o), and its fresh return to Plankton and Karen's relationship automatically bring the story up for its relative uniqueness.

9/10

*For those who get it - It's a nod to the first screensaver program, After Dark, and its flagship module, Flying Toasters. It was also referenced in an Adventure Time episode as BMO's screensaver as well. I am kind of a big fan of the program, so I cheered hard when it popped up.
Thought I was the only one who got the screensaver joke! Anyway, this episode was pretty good. I liked Karen's facial expression when SB-as-robot eats the bolts, the makeover, the printing joke.... a lot of it! Don't remember there being a Sailor Moon reference in the eppie, though.
10/10
PS: Anyone notice the games stacked in the background at one point in the episode? They're references to past episodes: WhirlyBrain (obvious), Pretzel Pals (Buried in Time), and Patrick! The Game! (obvious).

Growlie

Best Boy
Thought I was the only one who got the screensaver joke! Anyway, this episode was pretty good. I liked Karen's facial expression when SB-as-robot eats the bolts, the makeover, the printing joke.... a lot of it! Don't remember there being a Sailor Moon reference in the eppie, though.
10/10
PS: Anyone notice the games stacked in the background at one point in the episode? They're references to past episodes: WhirlyBrain (obvious), Pretzel Pals (Buried in Time), and Patrick! The Game! (obvious).
There's a Sailor Moon reference?

Season 4-11

7 Years of Hospitality
10/10

Don't forget the magic conch and eels and escalators.

JerryTheSnail

Giant Clam
I wasn't expecting to like this episode as much as I did. What made this one stand out for me was how many clever jokes came from Plankton's interactions with Spongebob, Patrick and Karen. Character based humor seems to be one thing that was kind of missing from the show for a while. While I like cartoony gags and visual humor every now and then, character based jokes were what made me fall in love with the show to begin with. Also, Plankton's character reminded me of his personality in earlier seasons, where he was always trying to seem threatening and evil even when he knew he wasn't actually intimidating anyone (it's kinda hard to explain), but that aspect of his character and his short temper, along with everybody's reactions to him made me really enjoy this episode.

MrTortellini00

lame funny
Here's the pic with all the referenced board games
tnulEsM.png

I honestly really like how season 10 is having the most references and continuity nods the show has ever had. I like even more the fact that they're referencing stuff from every era of the show. I mean, referencing a board game from season 7? Who would've thought that. Some people think it's just nostalgia bait, but I don't think it is if it's made subtle, and not super obvious.
Besides, I don't know anyone who would be nostalgic about season 7 yet.
I guess that Ben Gruber (if it was his decision) knows the show more than I thought.

Back