Does SpongeBob need to be in EVERY episode?

Tuba95

Dead Inspector
From what I recall, he's pretty much in every episode thus far. (Even if it's a small part like Rise and Shine, Plankton's Army, or Pat No Pay)

Do you think an episode would work if SpongeBob weren't in it at all? Basically random other characters and their interactions and stuff.

IMO, it would. There's enough characters to have lots of ideas for plots and humor, and it could still be funny. I mean, Plankton's Army would change hardly if SpongeBob was omitted completely.

I don't think it'd be good if an episode were focused solely on one other character, though.

Whisper

let me show you how its done
Staff
well, the show IS called spongebob squarepants...why wouldnt the character that has the exact same name of the show appear? :P

but really, if episodes have worked where spongebob simply made a cameo and really didnt affect the episode at all besides just being there, im pretty sure an episode where he doesnt appear at all can work.

Clector

Imitation Krab
I think thhta an episode should work without SpongeBob, but the more probably is that SpongeBob will appear in every epsiode of the series at least as a cameo.

SperngeyBerb

Banished
SpongeBob absolutely must be in every episode because the show's title is his name.

NerdyKairi

Kairi is Back
SpongeBob has appeared in every episode so far, either as a cameo. Unless they make could make an episode without Spongebob and I don´t know if the ¨What if SpongeBob was Gone?¨ shorts count.

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
While the show is called "SpongeBob SquarePants", I think that there are times that a no-SpongeBob episode can work. You could cut SpongeBob out of Mall Girl Pearl and it wouldn't change, and even if it did, it wouldn't by a whole lot. And heck, you can cut out some of SpongeBob's bits in New Leaf and it wouldn't really change that much. It can be just as funny and just as consistent.

To be honest, I don't mind it, because after all, this is Spongebob, What? You wanted the whole episode of Mall Girl Pearl to not give Spongebob a cameo? -_~

I was actually glad that he at least made a cameo.

mythix super saiyan 4

the only good parts of sbm are the skins and tradi
JalecoChicaSpongebob said:
To be honest, I don't mind it, because after all, this is Spongebob, What? You wanted the whole episode of Mall Girl Pearl to not give Spongebob a cameo? -_~

I was actually glad that he at least made a cameo.
so am i

PinkPearl

insert title here
They came close once when they did Plankton's Army. Eerily close. It was a decent episode, but it could have been better.

SperngeyBerb

Banished
He HAS to be in every single episode, no matter WHAT. Wanna know why? Well, what's the name of the show?

Back