Pinned thread Unpopular Opinions you Have on SpongeBob

The Drifter

Some person.
I think people who complains that Squidward is being tortured don't understand what his character's role is.

I think people who complains that Squidward is being tortured don't understand what his character's role is.
But you also said Jellyfishing is your least fav annoy Squidward episode, not being disrespectful or anything just asking cuz I think they used his karma in a funny and silly way.

If Squidward didn't do anything wrong or his unnecessary karma is used in an annoying and mean-spirited way, then I have a problem with it. However, not, then I don't have a problem with it.

MrTortellini00

lame funny
I take back what I said about Restraining SpongeBob: just like Yours, Mine and Mine, it's pretty funny. I think it's decent now.

Captain Stupid

Moby Dollar
That One Random Boss said:
Oh boy...

• Sandy is still my favorite character and I still think she deserves more appearances.
  • Season 8 > Season 1
  • Season 2 > Season 3 (The praise for season 3 is quite crazy so I felt this is unpopular)
  • As time wore on, I've become less of a Spandy fan. I still don't mind if it happens, but I don't see a lot of gain coming from it. I regret nothing from my fanfic.
  • I liked Tentacle Vision.
  • I liked Bubble Troubles.
  • Atlantis Squarepantis is underrated.
  • Truth or Square is underrated.
  • Squirrel Record is underrated.
  • Band Geeks is overrated.
  • Pre-Hibernation Week is my favorite episode.
  • Gone's ending is still one of the worst endings I've ever seen.
  • The term "Squid Abuse" is overused and misused to the point it disgusts me.
  • The second half of Season 7 is not bad.
  • The Splinter isn't that bad.
  • A Pal For Gary isn't that bad.
  • I was never grossed out by the infamous toenail scene.
  • SpongeBob's gross humor was never that gross to start with.
  • Sandy's Rocket wasn't a good episode.
  • MM&BB IV wasn't a good episode.
  • The first movie is a little overrated when nostalgia isn't a factor.
  • Season 4 and Season 5 are good seasons.
  • I've never been too much of a fan of Squidward nor do I feel much empathy for him when he gets "abused."
  • Kruff needs to happen.
  • Scientist Sandy isn't that bad, but mixing her pre and post-movie personalities is the best way to go.
  • Patrick went bland even before the first movie.
  • I consider late-Season 7-Season 9 as a Silver Age of SpongeBob.
  • Greasy Buffoons wasn't a gross episode.
  • One Coarse Meal and Are You Happy Now? are just boring, not straight-up bad.
  • The Card wasn't a bad episode.
  • SpongeHenge isn't a bad episode. Quite boring, but not bad.
I agree with most of this.

More

VIP
MrTortellini00 said:
I take back what I said about Restraining SpongeBob: just like Yours, Mine and Mine, it's pretty funny. I think it's decent now.
I kinda agree with this. I really liked that Squidward finally fought back with a well-done plan, but that SpongeBob had innocent motives and a well-rounded personality, and I liked that they delved into both sides of the conflict's pros and cons, plus I found his torment to be enjoyable with it's cartoonishly over-the-top nature and that it was completely accidental. If it wasn't for Patrick stabbing it in the back it'd be alright.

The Drifter

Some person.
But you also said Jellyfishing is your least fav annoy Squidward episode, not being disrespectful or anything just asking cuz I think they used his karma in a funny and silly way.

If Squidward didn't do anything wrong or his unnecessary karma is used in an annoying and mean-spirited way, then I have a problem with it. However, not, then I don't have a problem with it.
I actually made that post to prevents that topic from becoming an all out "post movie sucks because they're being mean to Squidward!" By showing that pre movie also have gratuitous Squidward torture. In that post I used common arguments used by people who dislike Squidward torture episodes, such as "Squidward got hurt for no reason". I think Jellyfishing is a good episode, and I also thinks Squid Baby (that everyone broughts up in that topic) is pretty funny too, although I dislike Squid Baby's character design.

Captain Stupid

Moby Dollar
  • I enjoy most "Squidward Torture Episodes" (an overused term, BTW). I also hate Squidward in Season 9.
  • Spongebob has never changed throughout the entire show.
  • Patrick and Sandy has not become bad characters.
  • The endings of Hooky, Gone, Spongehenge and Little Yellow Book are all horrible.
  • MermaidMan and BarnacleBoy IV is the worst superhero episode in the show. Yes, worse than Shuffleboarding.
  • Most of the gross-out in Spongebob is actually funny. The toenail scene is overhated.
  • A Pal for Gary is NOT the worst Spongebob episode of all time.
  • The Pink Purloiner is better than The Secret Box.
  • Squid Baby is just boring.
  • Spandy is overhated.

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
*Sweet and Sour Squid is a really good episode. It's not the best of the season, but it has good jokes and a fun little song.
*Spongehenge is just meh. Boring, but not bad.
*The Inside Job is a really great episode from S7 and it deserves more attention
*Many of the Squid torture episodes range from meh to really funny and great

More

VIP
Honestly I think that the trend of reviewing and ranting on SpongeBob has been completely dead for months.

I mean, even Mr. Enter hasn't reviewed a single episode this year barring the re-reviews, moving on to other things, and there hasn't been nearly as much flooding in comments sections and YouTube result pages about it (obviously excluding here but even episode discussions are getting less viewed). I think this is due to a combination of the same people who watched the show in it's prime are now older and more emotionally mature, the fact that actual new episodes have been less advertised and less viewed than pretty much ever, and that really, most of what there is to rant on's been said a thousand times. It's a bit of a shame when the new episodes are such a significant improvement, but even that may be a factor as "it's easier to point out what's wrong with a broken machine, than to explain why it's working perfectly."

Maybe it's just not fun anymore. :dunno:

Captain Stupid

Moby Dollar
More_Spandy said:
Honestly I think that the trend of reviewing and ranting on SpongeBob has been completely dead for months.

I mean, even Mr. Enter hasn't reviewed a single episode this year barring the re-reviews, moving on to other things, and there hasn't been nearly as much flooding in comments sections and YouTube result pages about it (obviously excluding here but even episode discussions are getting less viewed). I think this is due to a combination of the same people who watched the show in it's prime are now older and more emotionally mature, the fact that actual new episodes have been less advertised and less viewed than pretty much ever, and that really, most of what there is to rant on's been said a thousand times. It's a bit of a shame when the new episodes are such a significant improvement, but even that may be a factor as "it's easier to point out what's wrong with a broken machine, than to explain why it's working perfectly."

Yeah, ranting on Spongebob is probably not funny anymore. Besides, Spongebob rants has been around for too long now. I have never made a rant on Spongebob and I don't plan to.

MrTortellini00

lame funny
More_Spandy said:

This. The rants are very repetitive and are basically on the same episodes. But even when the rant is on an episode that isn't very discussed, it's not very pleasant to watch.

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
More_Spandy said:

I agree here. I get really tired of people ranting about the same ol' episodes that others rant on. It just got tiresome to the point that I don't even see that much ranting on SB episodes.

More

VIP
Not really the point I was trying to get across but okay :p

I like second half of season 4. Some episodes may not be as memorable as first half but second half has Wishing You Well, Whale of a Birthday, Bummer Vacation, The Pink Purlioner, Squidtastic Voyage, Best Frenemies, That's No Lady and I love these episodes so much. Even Best Day Ever and Squid Wood were decent episodes imo. I don't even think Karate Island is bad and I was a bit harsh on The Thing and Wigstruck, those three are mediocre, rather than bad. The only bad thing I can say about second half and season 4 in general is All That Glitters, that's it.

More

VIP
I'm absolutely sick of the Theme Song. Sick of it. It may just be because I've heard it thousands of times by now and it's just fatigue, but it feels like it's trying to be as annoying as possible, having extremely vague, crazy and non-descriptive lines, while shouting them constantly at full volume instead of actually singing it. On top of that the animation's dated by 17 years already and feels out-of-place.

Back