Nick.com, gone fully stupid?

Mavaxis Starburner

I love SBM
For the sake of good old nostalgia, I decided to go back to Nick.com just a few minutes ago in an attempt to revisit my old account. I got to the site, and then saw that there wasn't a "sign in" button to be found anywhere. Then I went Google searching to find out why...and found this:

Nick.com offered a moderated Internet forum called the Message Boards. On the boards, kids posted threads on and reply on topics based on Nickelodeon content. Emoticons were represented with icon GIFs. Notable Moderators were called NICKFrog and NICKPhilly.

The message boards were closed on March 31, 2016 after Nick.com removed the option to sign up as a user on the site.
May I ask WHY?! It was fine as it was! It's one of the only things that gave your site any appeal, you fools. My Nick.com account was probably the first account I ever made on the internet, and I had built up quite a good following on it. So naturally, the fact that Nick has decided to go and throw it all in the trash is a bit irritating.

No terrible network is complete with a horrible website to boot!

I used to love Nick.com when I was little, I still have memories of those cheap SpongeBob flash games, but I still loved them... Years later, I check back and the new redesign and the removal of being a user and the message boards, I was disappointed =/ . But hey, things will change and all we can do is move on.

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
The only TV-related website that I visited consistently as a kid was the Disney Channel website. 8 years after my last login, I type in the URL, and it just sends me to the general Disney website!

What used to look like this
hsm_2.jpg

Now looks like this!
36384017996349.562c20711213a.jpg

Note: The second one wasn't the best image I could find, but at least it gets my point across.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
omg I remember using Nick.com since like 2009. I was thebestsb on there but I stopped using it after I joined SBM. I remember when Me, E.V.I.L and a few other people advertised SBM there too lel, some of the people were cringey there but there was some cool people there such as agentp45 and some others I can't think of right now. Nick.com is terrible now and that was the only thing I still used on there.

Mavaxis Starburner

I love SBM
President Squidward said:
omg I remember using Nick.com since like 2009. I was thebestsb on there but I stopped using it after I joined SBM. I remember when Me, E.V.I.L and a few other people advertised SBM there too lel
I actually remember that, because I might have been part of that ad party too. I also remember me and you friended each other.

Whisper

let me show you how its done
Staff
i used to go on nick.com a lot in 2008-2009, but i never really used the message boards. seems like i was missing out lol

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
I've been on the Nick.com message boards since 2009, I was trying to be all random and edgy but failed. Didn't get any warnings, but yeah, I was an immature tween at the time. I really miss Nicktropolis and even The Club (though it was a little bit boring at times). I remember some users like agentp, porkchop, and some more. (btw I was dgluver1, back when I read Discovery Girl magazines all the time)

BenPaz: Act Zero

My Waifu
CakeCup said:
I've been on the Nick.com message boards since 2009, I was trying to be all random and edgy but failed. Didn't get any warnings, but yeah, I was an immature tween at the time. I really miss Nicktropolis and even The Club (though it was a little bit boring at times). I remember some users like agentp, porkchop, and some more. (btw I was dgluver1, back when I read Discovery Girl magazines all the time)
i think i remember that name "dgluver1"....

whoa

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
CakeCup said:
I think I remember seeing your username. Have we ever talked on there?

i used to be on nick.com, my username was actually SpongeOdd (yes that same username started it all simce 2006). i remember the users who goes there such as SpongeSeb, and i usually goes to FOP board most of that time... :P dang i do also miss nicktroplis.

I forgot my username, all I know is there used to be a spongebob.com, but now it is just the Nick homepage. Spongebob.com had games, videos, everything related to nothing but SpongeBob, it was fun when I went on there. If you want to see how spongebob.com looked like, I recommend you type it in the Wayback Machine.

Here's a screenshot (sorry if not best quality):
Capturensotalgia.PNG:

Back