Episodes That Have Pleasantly Surprised You

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...
basically just post episodes that you thought you were gonna hate from the plot, promos or first few minutes.
one I can think of is Sewers of Bikini Bottom- I went into it with very low expectations but it ended up being one of my favorite season 9 episodes when it came out.

Ol Bold and Brash

Hu Tao stan
Patrick! The Game, What's Eating Patrick, The Sewers of Bikini Bottom and CopyBob DittoPants are pretty surprising episodes

I was skeptical about Married to Money but it ended up being such a great episode. Same with Two Thumbs Down and The Whole Tooth cuz their premises sounded stupid but I liked both of them.

BobCarotte

meep
I thought I was going to hate Married to Money because of the plot that resembles To Love A Patty but then I realized it was well done.

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...
now that I think about it I was actually surprised by like most Season 9B episodes lol

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
[titlecard]92[/titlecard]
Yes, I've got the right title card.
While I still find it flawed, I don't find it nearly as bad as others do. In fact, some of the stuff it does is really ambitious, so if I ever review it, I'm going to at least praise it for the ambition.

SpongeRoadie UK

Vomit Boy
Married to Money REALLY surprised me. The plot sounds so stupid and yet the episode is so much deeper than expected. I didn't see Pearl's mother issues being a part of the episode, no less.

SquiddlyPie

random gal
What's Eating Patrick was the one that really surprised me .. I thought It was just going to be average but it turned out to be in my top 5 from the whole season 9.. Also , Food Con Castaways kind of surprised me too !!

Donuts

Floating Shopping List
Reading the popular opinion on A Pal for Gary and Spongehenge, I expected to be a lot more offended than I ended up being. Loved how cinematic the chase scenes in A Pal for Gary were, and I found Spongehenge to be really endearing.

Sailor Mouth

Floating Shopping List
I know this is probably an unpopular opinion, but Kenny the Cat pleasantly surprised me for sure. I thought it was so interesting despite such a weird premise, I thought it was funny, and I found the characters to be so endearing (except for Kenny. His voice didn't seem to fit). And I swear I could literally watch it over and over again, it's very replayable (now I'm just making up words).

Back