Abrams to publish SpongeBob comic collections and art book

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
More details from the new Abrams catalogue.

Silly Sea Stories/Aquatic Adventurers, Unite!
Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? SpongeBob SquarePants! SpongeBob Comics: Silly Sea Stories and Aquatic Adventurers, Unite! are collections of previously published material specially curated by SpongeBob creator Stephen Hillenburg and some of the biggest names in comics. Silly Sea Stories includes short, self-contained classic SpongeBob stories, while Aquatic Adventurers, Unite! features stories with a superhero theme. Both books bring together the main characters and the rest of the undersea cast that fans know and love – all in exciting new comic book adventures.
  • 112 pages (each)
  • May 2017

SpongeBob Comics: Above and Below
SpongeBob Comics: Above and Below is a special collection of the best previously published SpongeBob Comics stories, handpicked by creator Stephen Hillenburg, and geared toward an older audience—the first generation of SpongeBob fans who have grown up with him. This deluxe edition features a hardcover slipcase, pin-up art by some of the biggest comics creators in the industry (including Tony Millionaire and Al Jaffee), and a bonus facsimile reprint of the first SpongeBob Comics book. The collection also includes an all-new introduction by Stephen Hillenburg. Above and Below is one SpongeBob collection fans won’t want to miss!
  • 208 pages
  • October 2017

BenPaz: Act Zero

My Waifu
DadMom AngryPants said:
More details from the new Abrams catalogue.

Silly Sea Stories/Aquatic Adventurers, Unite!
Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? SpongeBob SquarePants! SpongeBob Comics: Silly Sea Stories and Aquatic Adventurers, Unite! are collections of previously published material specially curated by SpongeBob creator Stephen Hillenburg and some of the biggest names in comics. Silly Sea Stories includes short, self-contained classic SpongeBob stories, while Aquatic Adventurers, Unite! features stories with a superhero theme. Both books bring together the main characters and the rest of the undersea cast that fans know and love – all in exciting new comic book adventures.
  • 112 pages (each)
  • May 2017

SpongeBob Comics: Above and Below
SpongeBob Comics: Above and Below is a special collection of the best previously published SpongeBob Comics stories, handpicked by creator Stephen Hillenburg, and geared toward an older audience—the first generation of SpongeBob fans who have grown up with him. This deluxe edition features a hardcover slipcase, pin-up art by some of the biggest comics creators in the industry (including Tony Millionaire and Al Jaffee), and a bonus facsimile reprint of the first SpongeBob Comics book. The collection also includes an all-new introduction by Stephen Hillenburg. Above and Below is one SpongeBob collection fans won’t want to miss!
  • 208 pages
  • October 2017
I just want it to be released earlier.

Marnie

Part Computer or Something
I will definitely be picking these up on release. I only have a few comics and I'd like to store them in a less fragile format, not to mention adding more to the collection.

Six months until the first book, though... :no:

TheJasbre202

Jasbre
When's release for the comics pls? I need to know when to save money for the art book and teh comics

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
TheJasbre202 said:
When's release for the comics pls? I need to know when to save money for the art book and teh comics
Amazon has the comics listed for May 2nd.

TheJasbre202

Jasbre
Found them on Amazon.com, planning to pre-order these beauties:
#1: Silly Sea Stories
#2: Aquatic Adventures
I wish we had more info on which Issues were in which book, and any luck on finding the "Art of SpongeBob" book on amazon or anywhere? Meanwhile i'm going to try to get the "SpongeBob SquarePants Experience" and the "Sick Little Monkeys: The Ren & Stimpy Story" books.

DadMom AngryPants said:
tumblr_static_6zx6cmfizo8w8kowcsks0cs84.png

ICv2:
It said three, but all we could find was two, did they cancel the 3rd sb comics book, or is it later 2017?

UPDATE: it's a (kinda) collectible comic with comics hand-picked from any sb comics issue and with a reprint of #1, and a special die-cut slipcase. 279x191 mm, and it's a 208 page comic, coming Oct. 2017. I'm saving up for that

TheJasbre202

Jasbre
preordered these yesterday on amazon, and thanks to prime getting them on the release date tomorrow :D will post pics of these collections and size comparisons to SB comics issue #67.

MrColeslaw

Balloon Traveler
9xUceEf.jpg

Got these copies delivered some days ago!

Curious question; where'd you order em to get hardcover copies? Amazon only lists em for paperback..

EDIT: Nevermind, the shine on #1 made me think it's hardcover; after further inspection, it's paperback.

TheJasbre202

Jasbre
none of the 2 collections have comics from the first issue, my guess is because the reprint they're doing which is very smart for those who haven't bought any of the issues and only these books, and I hope the 3rd book takes comics only from issues 13, 25, 37, 49 and 61, i hate it when they dont use all halloween issues, and some normaal ones, I wonder what the treasure chest will use.

TheJasbre202

Jasbre
The Treasure Chest is the art book? (sigh) i hoped we'd get some BG book, but still that's gr8, we're getting a reprint of #1!!

Jai The Guy

Aren't we all bunnies now?
TheJasbre202 said:
The Treasure Chest is the art book? (sigh) i hoped we'd get some BG book, but still that's gr8, we're getting a reprint of #1!!
Maybe I can finally find one at walmart

Back