SpongeBob on Blu-Ray

SpongeSquareBobPants

Imitation Krab
So seeing as the show has been in HD since the beginning of Season 9, do you think we'll ever see any Blu Ray releases for the show? If so, do you think they'll do a Season 9 Blu Ray set, or just the themed releases with a few episodes?

The Navy

Banished
They released the two SB movies on Blu-Ray. SOOW especially looks fantastic. I'd hope they do so for Season 9.

Flabby Patty

Flabby Patty > Krusty Krab
Yes... that would be awesome.

However, what about the other seasons? I've seen tons of shows that have released SD episodes on Blu-Ray. I have to ponder.

The Navy

Banished
BatteryMill said:
Yes... that would be awesome.

However, what about the other seasons? I've seen tons of shows that have released SD episodes on Blu-Ray. I have to ponder.
There would be no benefit to releasing them on Blu-Ray besides being able to fit more episodes onto a disc. I don't think they want to go through the trouble of re-rendering the episode files in HD and redoing all the background/misc. art to fit 16:9.

CarlosTankEngineBoi

Moby Dollar
There would be no benefit to releasing them on Blu-Ray besides being able to fit more episodes onto a disc. I don't think they want to go through the trouble of re-rendering the episode files in HD and redoing all the background/misc. art to fit 16:9.
They do not need to remaster the episodes to 16:9 to be released on Blu-ray. In fact, they already have the Paramount+ masters to use

Back