Why HD Quality> VHS Quality

BenPaz: Act Zero

My Waifu
VHS quality is :trash: because it just doesn't look that good. HD is crisp and has more detail but VHS feels more grainy and while it does have some positives, feels a bit outdated. I know people still use VHS tapes and I can understand that but that doesn't stop me from thinking VHS quality isn't that great.

Never had VHS but I think the reason why people love VHS quality is that it has a lower quality (it still can be seen well tho) than HD and it adds a different charm to what they watch and I can see the appeal. I sometimes do like watching stuff that VHS quality on the Internet. Most of time HD does look so gorgeous, especially with blockbuster movies but from time to time, HD quality can make it a little less charming to me, so yeah. I still prefer HD but looking at VHS quality is pretty fun sometimes.

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
I sold my VCR a while back, and I don't have most of my VHS tapes, but looking at the grainy VHS quality pictures brings back memories when I was little. It just had a certain charm to me. But HD quality is well, better quality and watching it is gorgeous.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
While HD looks better, it doesn't have the charm of VHS quality. Also, it depends on the tape really.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Objectively HD is better in every single possible way.

However VHS quality can be fun when watching old, nostalgic stuff.

The Tide and Seeker

Balloon Traveler
Heh, he put "Tide and Seeker" as a tag :sbface:

The reason why I love VHS quality is because of the color. If you look at my avatar, it has brighter color. Plus, VHS quality has a charm of nostalgia.

The Drifter

Some person.
Liking VHS because the low quality gives it certain charm is like eating a sandwich filled with sandpaper because the sandpaper adds special textures.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
Liking VHS because the low quality gives it certain charm is like eating a sandwich filled with sandpaper because the sandpaper adds special textures.
the thing is that it isn't always low quality, VHS can have fine quality too, just depends on the quality of the tape and your VCR is. Also, I can still see and hear what I'm watching good, so im fine with it.

patfan200

Balloon Traveler
While VHS quality is pretty cool, I prefer HD quality because it looks absolutely phenomenal on my flat screen TV. (Also, who even thinks that your Beauty and the Beast VHS is worth a million bucks, because all it is is the movie, with some previews before it)

Baloo

I GAVE YOU A JOB!
While VHS quality is pretty cool, I prefer HD quality because it looks absolutely phenomenal on my flat screen TV. (Also, who even thinks that your Beauty and the Beast VHS is worth a million bucks, because all it is is the movie, with some previews before it)

I own something that is worth a million bucks?
(I own the 1992 Walt Disney Classics VHS)

Back