The Founder (Upcoming Michael Keaton movie about the true story of McDonald's)

PinkPearl

insert title here
I'm not saying its not good to make a movie about this guy, but wouldn't making a super-inspiring story about the start of McDonalds seem just a little tacky to anyone else? And knowing Hollywood, half the movie will probably be about the guy's love life- it always is with biopics these days. I'll pass on this one, although the trailer seems slightly better then the premise.

Supmandude

Squog
Looks bad. Totally overdramatic for a movie about Ronald McDonald's dad. It might be based on a true story, but I'm sure it didn't happen anything close to the way the movie portrays. A documentary about this guy could actually be kind of interesting, but a dramatic biopic? Pass.

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
It looks like an epic movie about the rise of corporate McDonald's and its founder, Ray Kroc.

They should've used the Mark Knopfler song "Boom Like That" in this trailer, since that song was written about McDonald's.

BeanoSponge

Pokemon Sun and Moon HYPE!
SpongeBobfan1987 said:
It looks like an epic movie about the rise of corporate McDonald's and its founder, Ray Kroc.
McDonald's wasn't founded by Ray Kroc, it was founded by Richard and Maurice McDonald. Ray Kroc aquired it and turned it into the place it is today.

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
BeanoSponge said:
McDonald's wasn't founded by Ray Kroc, it was founded by Richard and Maurice McDonald. Ray Kroc aquired it and turned it into the place it is today.
Actually, Ray Kroc founded the McDonald's Corporation soon after he bought the restaurant from its original founder and co-founder. The movie should've been called "The Corporate Founder".

BeanoSponge

Pokemon Sun and Moon HYPE!
SpongeBobfan1987 said:
Actually, Ray Kroc founded the McDonald's Corporation soon after he bought the restaurant from its original founder and co-founder. The movie should've been called "The Corporate Founder".
That's what I was trying to say. :P

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
Dmitri Johannes Petrov said:
It looks alright, but I agree with most of the criticisms offered by other members.
...Like how they got some parts of the "true story" right, while some parts of the story seem to be "apocryphal" (of questionable authenticity) like in the Steve Jobs movies.

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
WhoBob said:
Moonman better get a cameo or else I won't watch.
This was set decades before the modern-day Ronald McDonald, McDonaldland and Mac Tonight (who you nicknamed "Moonman"), in the 1950s and 1960s when Ray Kroc purchased McDonald's from the McDonald Brothers of San Bernardino, California and franchised the restaurant coast to coast. In the 1950s, "Speedee" was McDonald's' mascot, while in the the 1960s, he was replaced with "Archy McDonald", in 1967, McDonald's would introduce the clown Ronald McDonald. In the late 1980s/early 1990s, they would introduce the short-lived "cool" mascot, Mac Tonight, who had a crescent moon for a head and wore sunglasses.

This was set decades before the modern-day Ronald McDonald, McDonaldland and Mac Tonight (who you nicknamed "Moonman"), in the 1950s and 1960s when Ray Kroc purchased McDonald's from the McDonald Brothers of San Bernardino, California and franchised the restaurant coast to coast. In the 1950s, "Speedee" was McDonald's' mascot, while in the the 1960s, he was replaced with "Archy McDonald", in 1967, McDonald's would introduce the clown Ronald McDonald. In the late 1980s/early 1990s, they would introduce the short-lived "cool" mascot, Mac Tonight, who had a crescent moon for a head and wore sunglasses.
Lmao why did you take me seriously? :rofl:

DigitalDeathstraction

Shut up, bird.
SpongeBobfan1987 said:
oh my god theres a thing called a joke

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
SpongeBobfan1987 said:

They should've used the Mark Knopfler song "Boom Like That" in this trailer, since that song was written about McDonald's.
...And here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuQrmdu6quc

This song, introduced in 2004, is just as good as anything he could perform with his band, Dire Straits. I decided to to include a link to the song, because it involves Ray Kroc selling milkshake mixers to the McDonald Bros. and Kroc franchising their restaurant (just like in the upcoming movie).

Kroc-style! Boom, like that!

Back