Spongebob Squarepants Divided Into Eras

UnderwaterGrass

Imitation Krab
*Classic Era(Seasons 1-3)
(The first part of the show, and the most missed era.)
*1st Transitional Era (Seasons 4-5)
(OK era. This would have been classic if there were less bad episodes.)
*The -shudders- Modern Era (Seasons 6-8)
(Worst era, and the point where I gave up on this show)
*Also, Season 8 was originally going to be in the next era, but there were too many bad episodes.
*2nd Transitional Era (Season 9A)
(This was an Ok era but very close to bad due to 3 specific episodes, and the rest being mediocre or good.)
*SpongeBob Renaissance (Seasons 9B-TBA)
(My new favorite era, this is like Seasons 2,3,4,5, and the better side of Season 9A mixed together!)

BenPaz: Act Zero

My Waifu
UnderwaterGrass said:
*Classic Era(Seasons 1-4)
(The first part of the show, and the most missed era.)
*1st Transitional Era (Season 5)
(OK era. This would have been classic if there were less bad episodes.)
*The -shudders- Modern Era (Seasons 6-8)
(Worst era, and the point where I gave up on this show)
*Also, Season 8 was originally going to be in the next era, but there were too many bad episodes.
*2nd Transitional Era (Season 9A)
(This was an Ok era but very close to bad due to 3 specific episodes, and the rest being mediocre or good.)
*SpongeBob Renaissance (Seasons 9B-TBA)
(My new favorite era, this is like Seasons 2,3,4,5, and the better side of Season 9A mixed together!)
Fixed it for you

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
Rise of Spongebob- Early Season 1 (It's starting to develop. Full of classics, but has some mistakes in between. Great era.)
Spongebob's Golden Age- Late Season 1-Season 3 (Spongebob at its best. What else do I have to say? Excellent Era.)
Silver Age- Season 4-Season 5 (Not as good as the previous 2 but some of it still feels like as if it belongs in the Golden age of Spongebob. Good Era)
Dark Era- Seasons 6 and 7. (The point of seasonal rot, where bad episodes started to get really bad. At least it has good episodes, though. It justs feels like a nosedive compared to the previous seasons, because the bad episodes were plenty and the good episodes weren't as good as older seasons. Mediocre Era.)
The Turning Point- Season 8. (This was the point where I gave up on the show, but there was still hope for better episodes. Again, season 8 has its share of good episodes, though, even if some episodes are boring and forgettable. Meh/OK era, but things are getting better)
Recovery Era/Modern Era- Season 9a. I can't quite call it part of the Renaissance era, but improvement is coming quickly. Most of the episodes are good/OK, but there were a couple bad episodes.
Spongebob's Rebirth/Modern Era part 2- Season 9b. It has a dud or two, but it's becoming really good now. Post-sequel Spongebob is really good, and I have a positive outlook on the future episodes. Great Era.

Alex Squarepants

angrier than ever
The Humble Begginings (Early Season 1): When Spongebob started airing and reached it's peaks of popularity.
The Golden Age (Season 1- 3): Spongebob at it's finest.
The Quality Slip Age (Season 4-5): Spongebob started to decrease in quality, and some episodes became less memorable and funny.
The Spongy Depression (Season 6-7): When Spongebob was lower than ever on quality. Many of the episodes were bad, and not a whole lot of the episodes are super memorable.
The Recovery (Season 8-9a): The episodes become way better and episodes feel a lot more paced.
The Golden Age II (Season 9b): The episodes are mostly back to the way it was back in the first Golden Age.

Spongebob07

Bomb-Selling Pirate
The Golden Age- 1, 2 and 3. Almost all episodes are funny and memorable and gained the series its fans.

The Turning Point- 4 and 5. Fans noticed worse episodes have came out and even the good ones aren't as memorable and funny.

The Dark Age- 6 and 7. Complete quality drop, occasional good episodes but most are not good.

The Returning Point- 8 and 9a. More Good Episodes Come out and the number of bad episodes goes down.

The Revival- 9b and most likely 10. Episodes are funny and memorable again. No bad episodes. (yet)

patfan200

Balloon Traveler
The early stages - early season 1: When the show first started to get popular.
The glory days - Seasons 1-3: When the show was at it's best, and became as popular as The Simpsons.
The changing era - Season 4: When Nickelodeon started getting invested in all the cash they got from ratings and toy sales, and the writers start getting pushed too hard.
The dark age - Seasons 5-7: When the writers really started to get pushed around more often by Viacom, and the stories and characters got really bad.
The return of the sponge - Seasons 8-9a: When ratings started to drop, and the writers could make the characters likable again.
The Renaissance era - Seasons 9a-present: When the show finally got back to it's glory standards.

The Appetizer

shapes and noises
The Beginning of It All: Season 1
The Golden Age: Seasons 2 and 3
The Transition Era: Early Season 4
The Silver Age: Late Season 4 and Season 5
The Dark Age: Seasons 6 and 7
The Second Transition Era: Season 8 and early Season 9
Renaissance: Season 9.2

Fred Mercury

Mylegian Rhapsody
The Beginning: Season 1

Sweet Victory and The Birth of Controversy: Season 2

The False End: Season 3 and The Movie

Modernization: Season 4

Modernization Part II: Season 5

The Fall: Season 6

The Fall Part II: Season 7

Escaping from the Hell: Season 8

Escaping from the Hell Part II: Season 9

Gate to Victory: The Movie 2

Sweet Victory rises: Season 9.2

OWM

XD
The First Era: Season 1 - Early Season 2
The Golden Era: Mid-Late Season 2 - Early Season 4
The Transitional Era: Mid-Late Season 4 - Season 5
The Fall of SpongeBob Era: Season 6 - Season 7
The Post-Fall Era: Season 8 - Season 9.1
The New Transitional Era: Season 9.2 - present

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
The Genesis Era Seasons 1-Early 2 (1999-2000)
The humor has yet to be perfected but there is still a lot of charm and enjoyable gems
The Golden Era Seasons 2-Early 3 (2001-2002)
The best era. The quality has peaked and the series gains fame and fans.
The Sliver Era Seasons 3-Early 4 (2003-2005)
There aren't as many excellent episodes here but it's still great overall and has a classic feel.
The Transitional Era Seasons 4-5 (2006-2007)
This is when the quality started slipping and fans noticed a decline. Most episodes are still good, sometimes excellent, but they don't feel the same anymore and the quality can slip and get outright bad at times.
The Dark Abyss Era Seasons 6-7 (2008-2010)
This was the lowest point in the show. This era was more about quantity than quality with Nick rapidly pumping episodes out. SpongeBob had lost his charm, very few episodes were great or memorable and many mediocre to the outright terrible heavily outweighed the good. It didn't feel like the classic era anymore.
The Recovery Era Seasons 8-9a (2011-2014)
This was when the show started to try harder again. This era was okay with less bad episodes and more good episodes but it still wasn't that memorable and there were some duds. It was a nice effort but not as good as seasons 1-5. However it helped the show escape the dark age.
The Revival Era Season 9b-? (2015-?)
I think this has been a great rebound for SpongeBob. Most episodes are very good and there haven't been any bad episodes yet, it has been funny and has given the show more quality episodes. The future is looking good right now.

My take. I have far differing opinions from the average person, so you probably won't agree with that. Yours is probably a solid textbook example.
The Dawn: Season 1. Still developing, but full of pulsating classics.
The Age of Prosperity: Those beautiful, wonderful classics from Seasons 2, 3 and to a far less extent, 4. I included Season 4 because it fit best here and has my second favorite episode in the series, so it does many things right.
The Age of Satisfaction: Season 5 and 6. My least favorite episode of the show is here, and a few other pretty bad ones, but aside from those, this is pretty good stuff. It's not breathtaking and not horrible, but it's solid and gets the job done. With a few obvious exceptions, this was mostly decent episodes.
The Dusk: Season 7. A lot more bad and meh episodes, more so then all other eras. It was where the show seemed to be downfalling. But it did have some saving graces hidden in there.
Fake Cardboard Crap: Season 8-9a. Boring and forgettable episodes that come and go and make no impact at all. My personal least favorite era.
The Age of Prosperity II: Season 9b. Episodes are at the quality of the first prosperous age.

Pinhead Larry

The Fountain of Squidward
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern I
The Beginning Of Time: Early S1, when it became noticed and popular.
The Early Era: Middle/Late S1, when it really took off.
The Classical Age: Season 2+Season 3 including Squid's Day Off, the BEST EVAH!
The Calm Seas Era: The Movie and the beginning of S4. Toning down a bit but still good.
The New Deal: In an attempt to change SpongeBob for the better, we get late S4+S5+S6. This has both positive and negative stuff.
The Margaret Thatcher Dynasty: S7+S8 - Things feel like they're done just for money but there are good and bad things happening.
The Ronald Reagan Era: Late S8 and S9a: There is a large swing to a new tactic and it works well.
The If It Ain't Broke Don't Fix It Age: A second movie and S9b. Change, but also a traditional landscape appear, and people have mixed, but largely positive opinions.

Baloo

I GAVE YOU A JOB!
From Humble Beginnings: (Season 1) The episodes were pretty good for the most part and the series started off well. The humor may not be as developed as the later seasons, but it has a lot of charm.
The Golden Age: (Seasons 2-3) The episodes in this era are really awesome, memorable, and show how good this show can be. Definitely the best era of the show.
The Silver Age: (Season 4) The episodes aren't as good as the last era's episodes, but generally, they are good and the era is perfectly passable.
The Transitional Era: (Season 5) While there are a fair bit of good episodes this season, and most are pretty good, the amount of bad episodes goes up and most of the bad episodes are really bad. Overall, it's pretty inconsistent.
The Dark Age: (Season 6-7) There is where the show reached it's worst. There are generally more bad episodes than good episodes, the bad episodes are abysmal, and the good episodes aren't that good.
The Boring Era: (Seasons 8-9a) Most of the episodes in this era are incredibly meh and forgettable. The good episodes aren't that good and the bad episodes are usually pretty bad, but fortunately, the amount of bad episodes aren't as crazy as the dark age.
The Transitional Era: (Season 9b) This is where the show is slowly becoming back to its old self. There are some mediocre episodes, but there aren't really any terrible episodes, and the good episodes are generally good. It's not as good as the golden age, but it's pretty comparable to season 4.

Poop

it is i
beginning - Season 1

golden age 2 & 3

transistion era 4&5

ratings slip 6&7

comeback 8 & 9a

revival 9b -

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
Humble Beginnings- Season 1 (Help Wanted-I Was a Teenage Gary) Episode 1-13; 1999
The Golden Age- Season 1-3 (SB-129-The Camping Episode) Episode 14-57; 1999-2004
The Depleting Steam Era- Season 3-5 (Missing Identity-Atlantis SquarePantis) Episode 58-92; 2003-2008
The Dark Age Season 5-7 (Picture Day-The Cent of Money) Episode 93-139; 2007-2010
The Incline Into Okayness- Season 7-9 (The Monster Who Came to Bikini Bottom-SpongeBob, You're Fired!) Episode 140-189; 2010-2014/5
The Silver Age- Season 9-present (Lost in Bikini Bottom-today) Episode 190-today; 2015-today

From Worst to Best
6. The Dark Age
5. The Incline Into Okayness
4. Humble Beginnings
3. The Depleting Steam Era
2. The Silver Age
1. The Golden Age

q543frodomar

Banished
The Beginning: Season 1 (1999-2000)

This is the beginning of the famed television show. Most episodes are either good or great.

The Golden Era: Season 2 (2000-2003)

This is the best era of SpongeBob. Nearly every single episode here is either amazing or at least great. Only 1 or 2 meh episodes.

The Silver Era: Season 3 and Season 4 (2002-2007)

This is considered to be the last truly great era. There are more good episodes here than bad.

The Turning Point: Season 5 (2007-2008)

Season 5 is when people started to turn away from the show (PIEGUYRULZ, Me, possibly mrenter, and the majority of older fans), and the episodes got worse and worse. The infamous 83 collection (Rise And Shine, Waiting, Fungus Among Us), To Love A Patty, SpongeHenge, Boat Smarts, Good Ol Whatshisname, SpongeHenge (PIEGUYRULZ claims this to be his leave favorite episode of SpongeBob SquarePants), Blackjack, Night Light, Banned In Bikini Bottom, and New Digs are all considered to be terrible episodes, and Atlantis Squarepantis and WhoBob WhatPants are considered to be the worst specials in the entire show. That being said, there were a few good episodes, like Sing A Song Of Patrick☺, Friend Or Foe, The Two Faces Of Squidward, The Inmates of Summer, Blackened Sponge, and 20,000 Patties Under the Sea. I made the mistake of buying the 3 worst seasons, Seasons 5, 6, and 7, and I recommend you only buy 1, 2, 3, 4, or 9 (when it comes out). Don't make the same mistake I made.

The Dark Age: Seasons 6, 7, and 8 (2008-2010, 2009-2011, 2011-2012)

Seasons 6, 7, and 8 are said to be the absolute worst seasons of the entire show by nearly everyone who have seen these seasons and include episodes that are universally panned by fans of all genders. Most of this show by then only appeals to 6-12 year olds, as adults and teens have stopped watching, or only watch it to review the episodes, and not out of enjoyment. Only about 5 of the episodes here are good. Most, if not all episodes are bad.

The Silver Age II: Season 9 (2012-2017)

Season 9 contains much more episodes than anything Seasons 5-8 could ever have. With episodes like Pineapple Invasion, Lame And Fortune, Plankton's Pet, Don't Look Now, and more, it's not a surprise to see why I like it. Season 9b is better than I thought, too. Still, the bad episodes are a mess.

The only bad seasons for me are 5-8. Anything else is good. Season 1-4 are all the good seasons, and Season 9 is very decent.

That is a huge comment, so sorry if I made it too big.

1E64s14-1.png

Ihavedahswag

Take it to the Top!
Here are mine :D

From Humble Beginnings
http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=UmNc%2BMd7QRCmrrHanBUEPYDLcywKsMZ9qQ93b1tR8vA%3D
Season 1

The show is finding it's footing. These early episodes have a distinct animation style and simpler plots.

Training
http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=QjaWBrGQeOAsY0if8k7IErzBLdUXifEbr%2Fl4umGh8aE%3D
Season 2

The show is now starting to transform into the hilarious series which some call the 'golden era' of SpongeBob. The animation has improved and the jokes have become more frequent.

The Moment You've Been Waiting For!!
http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=Gs%2FJ7cfdsePoA5oFBv2eDRVvefJdcdHDx3YQwRMX950%3D
Season 3

To many, now is the time the show was considered at it's peak. Fast paced plots and high-speed jokes combine for a cracking season :P

The Money Is Always Right!
http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=p0GbbRRDOmCr7aB6%2Bq%2BfIiVthvoch2aeih%2FJWDV7saI%3D
Season 4-5

Nickelodeon decide that the show must go on after the movie, despite Stephen Hillenburg originally planning on ending the show. Some claim that this is where the show took a downturn, but there are still many classic episodes and the stinkers aren't that bad.

P. o.o.P.
http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=1O4Xpp1RdPje7VeVRLcDuzdE7iW45xj2xQmQjpo2XTU%3D
Season 6-9a

Many consider this to be the worst point in SpongeBob history. There aren't really that many good episodes and the stinkers are really bad. Of course, there are a few gems such as Hello Bikini Bottom, The Wreck of the Mauna Loa, Single Cell Anniversary and more. Seasons 8-9a are definitely an upturn from seasons 6-7 though. I just couldn't think of a name for another category that they would fit in :P

The Krusty Krab Today
http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=dMiwj7gC9O62Rsg5odjZX2aHt6LVk0RIbImWezoPqYM%3D
Season 9b

The current series of SpongeBob. A definite improvement over P. o.o.P., however not as good as the first 5 seasons IMO. There are some definite greats in here like CopyBob DittoPants and Married To Money, but some episodes are pretty poor, like The Fishbowl, Sharks vs. Pods and the one where Pearl gets a job (I forgot the name).

THE END :squidwhoo:
http://www.sbmania.net/pictures.php?img=RG4Fh9xOF%2BNkavK1d5hAojdOoPbPx1ZRFpiWPDlWrC0%3D

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Gamecubesarecool193 said:
The Turning Point: Season 5 (2007-2008)

and the episodes got worse and worse. The infamous 83 collection (Rise And Shine, Waiting, Fungus Among Us), To Love A Patty, SpongeHenge, Boat Smarts, Good Ol Whatshisname, SpongeHenge (PIEGUYRULZ claims this to be his leave favorite episode of SpongeBob SquarePants), Blackjack, Night Light, Banned In Bikini Bottom, and New Digs are all considered to be terrible episodes
When was New Digs ever considerd a terrible episode?

Reactions: Reg
Back