SpongeBob to soar at the 89th Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
QXwe3uz.jpg
Last year's parade
Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No – it's a huge SpongeBob balloon wearing a Santa hat, duh.

Macy's has updated their 2015 parade website with most of this year's line-up, revealing that SpongeBob will again join the roster of beloved giant character balloons. (Link.)

If you want to read more about SpongeBob at the parade and watch videos of his past appearances, check out SpongeBob at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. It only goes up to 2012 so far (updating is on my to-do list) but the 2013 and 2014 videos are uploaded to the Clips section.

Flabby Patty

Flabby Patty > Krusty Krab
Pretty cool, but they seriously could have used some Sponge Out of Water elements with the movie that came out this year.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
SpongeOddFan said:
will there be new to float in the parade?

anyways, can't wait.
It will be the balloon with the hat that has been in the parade since 2013. :)

patfan200

Balloon Traveler
Well, I'm pretty sure we've gotten used to the new parade soundtrack (FUN Song replaced with theme song when balloon passes by)

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
patfan200 said:
Well, I'm pretty sure we've gotten used to the new parade soundtrack (FUN Song replaced with theme song when balloon passes by)
It's a shame they changed it last year. I always liked the instrumental version of the F.U.N. song they used.

patfan200

Balloon Traveler
DadMom AngryPants said:
It's a shame they changed it last year. I always liked the instrumental version of the F.U.N. song they used.
I heard the reason they changed it was because the guy who composed the old pieces of music retired and got replaced with a newer guy

Season 4-11

7 Years of Hospitality
what is so sad is that I missed the parade. :sbangry:and so at the thanksgiving table,I thought :rightnow: .

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
Dang it I missed the parade on tommorow. Is there a YouTube video online.

Back