Total Drama Presents: The Ridonculous Race

BeanoSponge

Pokemon Sun and Moon HYPE!
Since it starts on September 7, it's time for a thread!

I'm super excited for this new season! :D

The franchise doesn't seem so interesting to me TBH. Not the mention the animation looks so stiff. I've seen one episode and It was ok (the best part was definetly censored swear) but that's all.

SB_DW_Fan said:
The franchise doesn't seem so interesting to me TBH. Not the mention the animation looks so stiff. I've seen one episode and It was ok (the best part was definetly censored swear) but that's all.
I think the animation looks decent IMO.

Bl4zeTMG

Four Twenny Blaze
I'm super excited for it.

I thought Pahkitew Island was forgettable and drama-less. Which defeats the point of the show :P

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
Definitely watching.

Here's the cast btw:

LtTcnhE.jpg

Bl4zeTMG

Four Twenny Blaze
President Squidward said:
They just HAD to bring back Owen...
He has WAY too much screentime in every season he was in. He even had most appearances in seasons he WASN'T in. It's about time they brought Noah back. And I don't care for Geoff.

Katniss

totally coral
I think Noah is underrated and it's nice to see him again, but to put him on a team with Owen? Eh. Geoff is all right. I don't have any opinions on the other characters since they're new.

Maybe I'll check out the first episode for curiosity's sake. I haven't watched anything Total Drama-related in a while.

Leedles

Leedle
Ugh, why Owen again? Probably just so they can keep the popular character in. I hope Geoff wins, we haven't seen him much in TDI.

Katniss

totally coral
Just watched the first two episodes. So far, so good. I'm liking the Cadets, Ice Dancers, and the Best Friends, even though they do have the whole "she's in love with her best friend" thing going on. And the Fashion Bloggers are all right as well.

Didn't watch the Total Drama season that Leonard was in, but he came off as a bit annoying, so I'm not disappointed to see Tammy and him get eliminated first.

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
The first six episodes have been really enjoyable and this show in general thus far. I love the style of this season/spin-off and all around the world. It's a parody of The Amazing Race but since I've never seen that show, this Total Drama version is new to me. But anyways, lemme talk about some stuff:

Leonard and Tammy: I'm definitely not upset that they went home first AT ALL. I don't really have a problem with Leonard, but he's just not that interesting. We didn't see much of Tammy, but I'm sure she's just the female Leonard.

The former tennis players(?): Yeah, I don't even know their names tbh :P They were pretty decent and funny in the first two episodes, but then they became really annoying, so I'm also glad they're gone.

The Geniuses: I don't remember their names either, but this elimination caught me off guard. I expected them to go far in the competition, but oh well. I can't say I loved them because of their limited screen time, but I did like them a little and they had potential to be one of my favorites. :dunno:

Laurie and Miles: With each episode I liked them more and more. I just really enjoyed their moments and lines and I don't know if it's an inside joke for the vegans out there, but I loved seeing them eat bird seeds and dust :P I wish they would've stayed a bit longer because they were really fun to watch. I also call their elimination bs. They should've stayed in first place but instead got a 30 minute penalty! The rockers should've gone home tbh

But anyways, I'm excited for the next episodes!

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
Now let's talk about week 2. Spoilers ahead.
I'm still loving these episodes. More teams are getting eliminated and the competition is definitely getting more tense and exciting. We're getting lots of development and I'm really loving certain teams even more. The Ice Dancers, Cadets, Sisters etc. And more development from two teams that I didn't like at first, but now I really do! The Rockers and The Goths. They seemed like a waste of space at first but now that they're expanding their character in these last few episodes, I really like them now. Let me now talk about the eliminations.

Fashion Bloggers, Jen and Tom: Finally, It's about time. These two were kind of annoying imo :P I think they overstayed their welcome for a little bit too long, but they're gone now. I will admit, they did have some funny moments and in a way, they're so annoying that they're kind of funny. I also do like how they got eliminated with a really heartwarming moment, so that's cool.

Mother Daughter, Taylor and Kelly: I actually liked this team. I was a bit disappointed when they left because they're relationship brought me some laughs. They're so dysfunctional, but so fun to watch. They also got a good amount of development and screen time, which is good.

Adversity Twins, Mikey and Jay: Overall, I did kind of like these two. I felt bad for all their problems but it's nice to see that even though they had all those problems, they stuck it out and were able to make it pretty far along in the competition.

If I were to make some predictions at this point based on the eleven episodes I've seen so far and all the character development, I would say:

*no spoilers in here, just my prediction but thought i'd put it in a spoiler anyways just in case you guys don't wanna see it*
In no particular order, the final five:

Ice Dancers, The Cadets, Father Son, The Sisters, Best Friends

I know you might disagree with the Father/Son, but I just get a good vibe/feeling that they'll make it far. But still, I think potentially, I may be wrong with the Father/Son and teams that could replace them would be:

The Daters, Noah and Owen, or Geoff and Brody.

And the teams that I think will crack pretty soon are:

The Goths, The Step Brothers, and The Rockers.
Can't wait for week 3! :)

Bl4zeTMG

Four Twenny Blaze
mandythepharmacist15 said:
I disagree. It was much better than All-Stars.
The only real drama and twist of the show was Scarlett but other seasons did it better.

TDI - Heather's hair got shaved off
TDA - Did we even expect Beth to even get as far as she did, she even won in some countries
TDWT - Ezekiel/Team Victory's demise/Alejandro
TDROTI - Dakotazoid
TDAS - Mal
TDPI - Scarlett

The twists and drama got worse.

Back