Diary of A wimpy Kid series

SO yeah Do you read this book series? I do! I love every single books. The movies are not that good but the books are golden. Anyway Jeff Kinney is the author. Anyway the newest book is coming out in November. It is called "Old School." I can't wait to get it! :whoo:

Flabby Patty

Flabby Patty > Krusty Krab
I have a collection of every DoaWK book there is (plus Movie Diary Dog Days edition and the original DIY Book). I wouldn't say they're bad, but the more recent books might be a bit watered down and not so classic. One thing I love about these books are that they have those aweseome moments that describe the truths in life. Examples being the back-to-school ad in the Dog Days book, the bathroom issue in The Ugly TRUTH!, among dozens of other things.

EDIT: Also, doesn't it seem that the series is extremely underrated amongst people over 15/librarians/educators?

hfjs

The first couple were pretty good when they were still fresh, but nowadays....

beating_a_dead_horse_by_pjperez.jpg

Bl4zeTMG

Four Twenny Blaze
The books are pretty good and the movies are also pretty good.

It's so stereotypical though.

kev

innit
Eh i used to like these books until, enter Harry Potter. Greg is a dick honestly...

ohai said:
Eh i used to like these books until, enter Harry Potter. Greg is a dick honestly...
TBH I never read Harry Potter unless you count being read to in 3rd grade.

Flabby Patty

Flabby Patty > Krusty Krab
ohai said:
I think Greg is actually an OK character. He's basically Squidward, but he does tell the actual truth about the world sometimes.

ThunderStorm said:
TBH I never read Harry Potter unless you count being read to in 3rd grade.
I only read half of HP #1 a while back at school. Face it, I'm barely a fantasy-type guy.

BatteryMill said:
I think Greg is actually an OK character. He's basically Squidward, but he does tell the actual truth about the world sometimes.

I only read half of HP #1 a while back at school. Face it, I'm barely a fantasy-type guy.
I'm more of a realistic fiction guy.

Illiniguy34

That Reviewing Guy
Oh my God, I absolutely loved this series when I was younger! Funny thing, I remember the first one came out right as I was starting middle school, which is the position Greg's in of course. Heard the series is still going on though.....

Katniss

totally coral
I always thought the guy who played Rodrick in the movies was attractive :P

As for the series itself, it's nothing special IMO. Back in the day I found the books amusing, however.

katnisslovestacos said:
I always thought the guy who played Rodrick in the movies was attractive :P

As for the series itself, it's nothing special IMO. Back in the day I found the books amusing, however.
Lel. Maybe you will met Rodrick's actor IRL. The person who plays the mom "Rachael Harris." Was born the same day I was, not the same year, but the same month and day.

TheOpenWindowManiac said:
I have every book, but I don't even know why I still read them. All it really is is some middle-schooler being a huge dick to everyone around him.
No it's not. I don't see how he is a d**K. But whatever.

hfjs

TheOpenWindowManiac said:
I have every book, but I don't even know why I still read them. All it really is is some middle-schooler being a huge dick to everyone around him.
I thought it was some middle schooler having everything be a dick around him

SBManiac!!!!!!

welp bye lol
In retrospect, Greg always came off as that guy who tries way too hard to be cool and has a serious aversion to honestly presenting themselves and accepting who they really are. (To be fair, a lot of kids go through this during middle and high school, which is why I can understand how he relates to the book's primary audience: kids.) Sometimes Greg can have a point about how dumb some aspects of parenting or growing up with siblings can be (especially in the case of how his parents "raise" that spoiled brat Manny), but he more often than not comes across as an insincere d-bag, which doesn't fly with me. Haven't read any of the books since Dog Days or Ugly Truth, though.

SBManiac!!!!!! said:
In retrospect, Greg always came off as that guy who tries way too hard to be cool and has a serious aversion to honestly presenting themselves and accepting who they really are. (To be fair, a lot of kids go through this during middle and high school, which is why I can understand how he relates to the book's primary audience: kids.) Sometimes Greg can have a point about how dumb some aspects of parenting or growing up with siblings can be (especially in the case of how his parents "raise" that spoiled brat Manny), but he more often than not comes across as an insincere d-bag, which doesn't fly with me. Haven't read any of the books since Dog Days or Ugly Truth, though.
Yes I can't take the spoiled brat...Manny/

ataeaf

Outdated meme I know
I do enjoy this series but is has been going downhill. Also, the movies are a guilty pleasure, but Cartoon Network still needs to realize that other movies exist.

Back