Andamiro releases new SpongeBob coin-op arcade game

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
f5NWEUg.jpg

Via Amusement Resource Connection:

One of the most popular cartoon characters ever returns to coin op with the upcoming release of Andamiro’s new SpongeBob's Pineapple Arcade.

This is the fifth SpongeBob game to come to the coin op market. Satinder Bhutani Andamiro President "We placed our 2 player test unit on location 5 weeks ago in an FEC with all of the latest and greatest available today and I'm happy to report the only game beating it is a 6 player game! SpongeBob Pineapple Arcade racked up an impressive $1,975 a week average over the 5 weeks on test.

Drew Maniscalco Andamiro VP has been involved in 4 of the 5 SpongeBob arcade games to come to the market. "SpongeBob is an Evergreen license and has an enthusiastic and diverse fan base. I have seen players of all ages playing the game! SpongeBob has been a very successful arcade license and 3 of the 5 games to have been marketed sold over 1,000 units. SpongeBob's Pineapple Arcade game is by far the highest earning SpongeBob game I have ever seen, I expect we will exceed that number”!

SpongeBob's Pineapple Arcade is a tokens and cards pusher. In which the player rolls tokens down a playfield into moving pineapple targets dropping tokens, cards, and bonus tokens onto the playfield. SpongeBob's Pineapple Arcade pusher features collectible cards around the playfield with the player trying to knock the cards off the tray. There are 9 collectible cards. The players can trade the cards for tickets or hold them until they collect all 9 cards for the super bonus. "The players are going to go crazy when they see these cards, not only are they beautifully designed but they have fun facts about the characters”!

Andamiro is taking orders now for shipment in August 2015. (set up dims: 71” x 38” x 98”)

The Drifter

Some person.
Ah yes, coin games.

Basically this machines are nothing but glorified gambling machines. All you did it you insert coin and hope you win something. There's no "game" here, only pure dumb luck and lots of wasted money.

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...
Does anybody remember the older SB arcade games?
There was another coin game, SB was in some Nickelodeon game (but that doesn't count), there's this image floating around of the internet of an ad for a soccer (or maybe it was hockey?) game.
What where those other three?

BeanoSponge

Pokemon Sun and Moon HYPE!
SpongeCob said:
I hope this is the song for the game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWbvYMc42GU

It sounds cool, I like playing arcade games and spending times at arcade
spongebob is cash cow
That sounds like this song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg8dlyO7T3Y

nicoyazawa227

にっこにっこにー♪
Oh so it's like coin pusher, with cards? I dunno. Let's see if my Chuckie Cheese or Dave and Buster's gets it. I'd play it for the cards. :p

J-444

Floating Shopping List
It's out, as of a month or two.

Just search "Spongebob Coin Pusher" and results will immediately come up. Or, here's an example:

[y]kKMRUXuJw_A
[/y]

patfan200

Balloon Traveler
Yeah, I just saw the machine during my last Dave and Buster's visit along with some Simpsons soccer thing I've never seen before.

DB17T2016

I am a service technician at Dave & Buster's, and we received our unit of this game in late 2015. Within 2 months, we have needed to replace 5 hoppers between the two (right/left) stations. The game itself is very expensive because of its visual structure and visual mechanics, which is, however, INCREDIBLY attractive for business; rarely do I ever walk past the game without a guest actively playing it.
However, the parts and mechanisms within the game (the things techs like myself deal with primarily) are so terribly built that the game itself has actually become a running joke within the store as the one single game in our 140-unit arcade area that breaks consistently enough so that now no one is even slightly surprised when we catch an error code. Another huge issue for technicians in our store is that this game is almost impossible to diagnose quickly; although there are only 11 error codes within the system, the service guide is so vague that it will only tell you which of the terrible parts inside is malfunctioning. Andamiro has now extended the warranties (from one month to three months, I believe) on a couple of different parts and informed D&B tech staffs that they are working on creating a new replacement for a specific part of the game that continually (and laughably) breaks.
So far, as a single store, we have had problems with the following interior parts of the game (parts that needed replaced will be marked * for each time we've had to replace them):
Rear elevator hopper *****
Front elevator hopper ***
Count hopper **

We have only had the unit for 2 months, and have ordered 10 different replacement parts; possibly a new store record.

In addition to our particular unit's issues, our Amusement Manager has contacted other stores with this game, and they all seem to be running into the same problems.
When we contact Andamiro, they always seem too scripted in their demeanor, as if they knew when they released the game that it would be a continuous problem for any of its buyers.

Until the replacement part(s) is released, I would give the game 3 stars.

+:
It is unbelievably attractive to guests, the card-deck redemption style is very unique, it looks great in our arcade, and it seems as though no one cares how much it costs to play the game because of how simple and easy to learn it is.
-:
The parts are some of the worst mechanisms I've ever seen inside of a game, the layout for the mechs of the game are too intricate for a coin game, the service on this game takes 5-10x as long as service should take on a coin-pusher game. In the end, it's trying to be more of a game than it really is, which causes many problems for those who tend to the game itself.

DadMom AngryPants said:

justin

hello im justin and i got a spong bob coin pusher and i have a error code and i dont know what it means heres the error code"E.07" any one knows the error please tell me tnx

Sal

justin said:
hello im justin and i got a spong bob coin pusher and i have a error code and i dont know what it means heres the error code"E.07" any one knows the error please tell me tnx
That is an error code for the rear elevator ..We ave had trouble with ours jamming coins in the hopper right before it goes in the chute to the long track..

Hi I'm brad, I have a spongebob coin pusher and the error code 10 has come up on both machines what do I do?

John Burtoft

I'm an arcade operator and have been considering purchasing a Spongebob coin pusher. My question is to the D&B tec. Has Andamiro been able to correct these reoccurring problems? I sure don't need to purchase a machine that needs to be babysat.

BenPaz: Act Zero

My Waifu
John Burtoft said:
I'm an arcade operator and have been considering purchasing a Spongebob coin pusher. My question is to the D&B tec. Has Andamiro been able to correct these reoccurring problems? I sure don't need to purchase a machine that needs to be babysat.
we don't have dave and busters tech here...

Back