Topics of the Week

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
RNFob5m.png

Welcome back to the 11ty-7th edition of Topics of the Week! Sorry I haven't been able to do this lately. A few personal things I've had to take care of and life got in the mix.

Here's how it works: five topics that were created over the last 14 days from the SpongeBob forum, Nautical Nonsense, Plankton's Laboratory, and Arts and Entertainment forums will be mentioned below. These topics are chosen based on their popularity (the amount of views and responses they have) & also the quality of the OP. Two SpongeBob threads will be included to balance the mix.

SpongeBob's Legacy and How It Will Be Remembered in 70 Years by Popeye Q. Krabs - Bugs Bunny, Tom & Jerry, Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, Fred Flinstone. These are only a few of the iconic characters in the past that everyone knows about years after their shows end. Does SpongeBob deserve to be one of those icons?

Opinion: If you think the show will ever "get back to its roots" you are setting yourself up for disappointment by DadMom AngryPants - One of my favorite topics in the past year or two simply because it tells the truth. We can’t expect the show to ever get to where season 1, 2, and 3 were. Even if some of the old cast is coming back, we who grew up with the early episodes cannot expect the same with the newer episodes, even if they do get 10x better than the past.

Where were you born? by StormAllenBryat - You might think it’s weird to see a topic like this on TOTW but I put it here because I like the diversity we have here on SBM and that it doesn’t matter who or what you are or even where you came from…everyone is treating like a human being without any hesitation.

for girls only by todd phillips - Although I have seen quite a few girls playing in the gaming industry, it’s still sad to see how many more men there are playing in games than girls. I think it’s fantiastic to see a woman playing a game and beat everyone just to say ‘hey, this isn’t just for boys anymore. I’m here to change gaming.’

Jon Stewart is leaving The Daily Show by TropicalNards112233 - It’s only right to put this here because Jon Stewart has been someone to look up to in many peoples lives since day one. He tells it like it is and doesn’t care. It’ll be sad to see him leave and I, for one, am not sure how The Daily Show will even live on without him. These are some big shoes to fill.

Honorary Mentions
Would Pizza Delivery have made a good movie? by DMAP
(In years from now) Should a reboot of the show have a different art style? by Grubby Grouper

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
President Squidward said:
Guess my VHS Questionnaire made it too late to get in this. :P
I forgot to do this on Sunday but already made the topic list on Friday night.

toasterstrutel

Krabby Patty Burglar
What about Season 9? Imo that's when the show went back to its roots.

Cool I finally got listed, even as just an honorable mention :D
Popeye and DMAP's definately deserved to be above mine

Back