Super Bowl XLIX

Which team are you rooting for?

• Total voters

The Real Nostalgia Critic

toby j rathjen is a monkey
I might as well make a topic for the upcoming Super Bowl since no one else has. Anyway, Super Bowl XLIX is going to happen on February 1, 2015 on NBC. The two teams playing are the New England Patriots (AFC) and the Seattle Seahawks (NFC). The half-time show will be Katy Perry featuring ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Kravitz. Discuss.

Personally, I don't really watch for the football unless my team, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, are in it. I'm pretty much going to watch for the commercials, including the ad for the new SpongeBob movie. :D I'm also pretty curious to see how ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Kravitz will improve--I mean, contribute to Katy Perry's performance during the halftime show.

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...
I live in Seattle, and I don't even really want to watch the Super Bowl, but my mom will kill me if I don't. FOOTBALL! AND ADS!

I live in Upstate NY and I will be spending my sunday night getting some well deserved sleep or using the internet! :thumbsup:

EVSPONGEFAN

Balloon Traveler
I will be watching with my friend, the #1 Seahawks fan. But, I never liked American football. TBH, I just like to eat the cream puffs and watch commercials.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
I'm only watching it for Coke's interesting campaign they're doing. All other Super Bowl commercials are either stupid (most of them) or disgusting (Carls Jr/Hardee's, Godaddy). Also, my team isn't in the Super Bowl so I don't care about the actual game.

NastyPatty2002

Dead Inspector
I don't even pay attention to football until the Super Bowl lol.

And I'm only rooting for the Seahawks because Seattle is one of my favorite American cities (ironically, so is Boston).

RedSoxFan274

Baseball. Hockey. SBM vet. I drop in unexpectedly.
I'm required to root for the Patriots even though I'm afraid of a backlash if they win. At any rate, Deflategate or not, I wouldn't have been heartbroken if the Patriots had lost anyway, and now, given the recent scandals, I might actually view a Patriots loss as a blessing in disguise for New England sports as a whole, saving them from having a championship branded as being tainted.

On Super Bowl Sunday, I never actually turn on the game until there's about six minutes left in the fourth quarter and up until then I spend the afternoon checking out all the glorious COUNTERPROGRAMMING :d

I like the Super Bowl cuz my aunt usually hosts a party where my other aunt makes really good spinach dip with pumpernickel bread and I just sit there and eat that the whole time :squilliam2: and last year I did some mock american idol auditions, chatted with my cousins and watched rugrats in paris for a bit. Pretty nice night. :coolio:

Big Meaty Claws

K I D S
I'm more of a baseball guy than football, and this is pretty much the only time of the year I care about football.

As for my thoughts on the teams:
G4ry the snail said:
Its not that I want the Seahawks to win, I want the Patriots to lose.
Yup :P

Anyways, I also love the Super Bowl for the food and seeing my cousins. My favorite foods on the Super Bowl are cocktail weenies (sounds really wrong lel), wings obvi, ribs <3 and these beautiful mozzarella sticks.

Back