Best Cartoon Tournament #2: Invader Zim vs. Uncle Grandpa

"I am Zim!" vs. "Good morning!"

• Total voters

The Real Nostalgia Critic

toby j rathjen is a monkey
My choice: Invader Zim is a pretty funny show. It was also very short-lived due to people complaining about violence in the show or something. It had a great plot, great characters, and funny jokes. Most of the great jokes came from Gir, Zim's robot companion. I highly recommend seeing it if you haven't. Oh and the creator, Jhonen Vasquez, worked on Johnny the Homicidal Maniac. How was Nick even allowed to air a show created by him?! Maybe if Cartoon Network aired Invader Zim, it would have had a better chance. As for Uncle Grandpa, I hated its first season, but I felt as though it got better in its second season. Maybe it's because you have to like use your imagination and open your mind to all the surreal things that happen in this show. In fact, some of the stuff in this show can be very creative. It's definitely a good show, but it certainly doesn't beat Invader Zim!

Big Meaty Claws

K I D S
This one is harder than the last. I really enjoy both shows a ton, I find UG to be very funny and creative and crazy, which is everything a cartoon should be. It has duds here and there, but most of it is really great.

Invader Zim is also amazing with it's great dark tone and phenomenal characters, it didn't last long, but it had a good run. My choice is Zim here.

AwardGiver said:
*coughSOCCERMOMS!cough*
You even trying to make this choice fair? Well it's too easy. :P
Just to clarify, I put all the choices into random brackets. Who knows what will happen? Maybe Wander will face off against another show liked by a lot of people. :P

Sweat

Banished
I'll be frank, Uncle Grandpa is actually not too bad of a show if you keep a childish mindset. If anything, it's a really good show if you keep a childlike expectation, and I actually admire that. But when you expect legitimately good writing and want more than child comedy, this show is absolutely awful. Aside from the very passable comedy, the writing (and the animation in many cases) in the show is absolutely terrible.

I've only seen five Zim episodes, but I loved those five so much that I'm voting for Zim.

More

VIP
I really don't think it would have mattered what channel Zim went on, there was just no place to put it at the time. Obviously, I'm going with Zim. It's not just that Uncle Grandpa is too weird a show to form an opinion on (which it is), but it's because, well, it messes with your mind and tries to get in there with it's horror and strange sense of humor and I loved it for that.

hfjs

I feel that ZiM appeals to a wider audience, as crazy as that sounds....

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
Hmmmmm, tough one.

I think Invader ZIM overall is better but Uncle Grandpa kinda grows on you after a while once you get used to the humor and can even be kind of cartoony here and there. I think when that show ends it will still have a cult following. It's almost like comparing apples and oranges here.

Uncle Grandpa because everyone praises Zim as god
and I'm not a teen yet (still a kid) so I can enjoy it a little more than the rest of you can. While halibut feels that out of the childish mindset, it's terrible, I think out of the mindset it's bad. Not like DEAR GOD THIS IS AWFUL but like I don't like this.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
While IZ is funny, most of the episodes I rather don't care about. :P Uncle Grandpa, while it has some cons, is a pretty zany and sometimes funny show. So I'm going for the latter here.

cwn

Porous Freak
I'll go with IZ for reasons that were already said. I've got the next 8 TST topics typed on my computer, so Round 2 will be finished this break, BTW.

end

Seriously? Invader Zim is a 10/10 cartoon. Uncle Grandpa is absolute dreck, down there with Almost Naked Animals and Squirrel Boy.

My vote goes to IZ.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
todd phillips said:
no wonder why i liked johnny test because the guy that worked on invader zim.
No he isn't. o_O You must be thinking of "Johnny The Homicidal Maniac".

tEMMIE

hOI!!!
todd phillips said:
Yes, I can't tell the difference.
3-1.jpg

Cookie-Jar-Entertainment-starts-Johnny-Test-season-5-on-Teletoon-and-Cartoon-Network.jpg

Totally connected to each other.

todd phillips said:
So by that logic, you must like Ned's Declassified because the same guy who worked on Johnny Test worked on this show.

Back