Best Cartoon Tournament #1: Arthur vs. King of the Hill

"What a wonderful kind of day" or "A day in a life of a propane salesman"?

• Arthur

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • King of the Hill

Votes: 11 52.4%

• Total voters

The Real Nostalgia Critic

toby j rathjen is a monkey
My choice: Well, I never really watched Arthur that much as a kid, and I don't watch it now so I have no opinion on this. I've heard the later seasons are really boring. As for King of the Hill, I watched some episodes and it was a great series. It has pretty good characters, pretty neat plots, funny jokes, and they make a great YouTube Poop source, so I'm gonna have to give the edge to King of the Hill.

More

VIP
I'm gonna give the edge to Arthur this time, as it's probably the highest quality show for said target audience, because it manages to not throw in lots of distractions or ask obvious questions, but instead takes actual, serious ideas, and re-does it so it is more relateable for kids.

One question, are you gonna keep the same topic, just change the poll, on a daily basis for the entirety of this, or are you going to post new topics every match-up?

The Real Nostalgia Critic

toby j rathjen is a monkey
More_Spongebob_Sandy said:
I'm gonna give the edge to Arthur this time, as it's probably the highest quality show for said target audience, because it manages to not throw in lots of distractions or ask obvious questions, but instead takes actual, serious ideas, and re-does it so it is more relateable for kids.

One question, are you gonna keep the same topic, just change the poll, on a daily basis for the entirety of this, or are you going to post new topics every match-up?
I'm gonna post topics for each match-up.

Katniss

totally coral
Arthur. It's funny and tackles serious issues in a way that kids can understand. Though the show can really be enjoyed by all ages, I think. I've never been that interested in King of the Hill.

Big Meaty Claws

K I D S
tmw KOTH isn't winning
655.gif

todd phillips

Krabby Patty Burglar
i liked arthur it was a good show to me what i think what killed the show is when buster got his own show it just wasn't the same without arthur so king of the it is.

skinnybeans17

Only semi-active now, had a regretful past here.
I find King of the Hill decent.

Here are my thoughts on Arthur:
Seasons 1-5: Good
Seasons 6-8: Meh
Seasons 9-15: Bad
Seasons 16+: Horrible

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
todd phillips said:
i liked arthur it was a good show to me what i think what killed the show is when buster got his own show it just wasn't the same without arthur so king of the it is.
Arthur still has new episodes on.

Cha

I love SBM
King of the Hill has amazing depth and life into its' little town in Arlen, Texas. It knows how to do adult/family cartoons right without the annoying "lol sex" all the time that others shows tend to follow. Hank is so unlike the stereotype for many main stars. Usually the main star of a show is either young, energetic, slightly not too bright, egotistic, etc. He isn't a bad example and gives you that wholesome feel along with his alley buddies that maybe the world isn't as bad today as you thought it was. Just about every single character is likable and has something to offer to a plot. I like how none of Hank's friends try to overshadow him. Even Kahn can be friends with the alley guys and has known to suffer from bipolar as a result of life stress put to him from the ethic high standards in his culture. The plots are usually very fun and they had some darn good writers on the show.

Back